Daryl Collins

As I’m sitting here putting together my 1972 Miami Dolphin’s defense in Uni-Forms, I’m struck by how much the 2022 big drop is beginning to resemble nostalgia. As much as I enjoy Uni-Forms and am still amazed at the product from conception to execution, I realize there’s not much discussion on the forum about the product. I have certainly enjoyed the movement on the Tudor website as of late, and heartily look forward to my order of ITZ bases arriving. ( Payed for with PayPal, no less!) As of today, there has been nothing posted mentioning UniForms. There have been some restocks, but not any news of new products. 
I understand there is a learning curve in applying Uni-Forms, and that is at close to $20 a pop per team. Count in the tools, storage, and other supplies of the trade, and it is an investment. No more than if one were setting up to learn to paint and decal. (Certainly less than most hobbies out there.)I hope the new owners have a drop scheduled in the future, but if not, I have enough to keep busy for the foreseeable future. I just feel this part of the hobby deserves to continue with the new Tudor.

Journey On!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nefgm.org said:

Uni-forms are no longer including figures

Well, my, my, my! 🧐 Look closely at this image: 🔎

image.thumb.png.a04ff15c17434ee80f2d6b4d44037007.png

🔍 Notice the picture of the box says: Includes 2 backers, 2 sprinters, 2 runners, 3 linemen and 2 all purpose players.

Yet, the description says,

fit our hobby’s standard HT-11-W, HT-11-R, and HT-11-PP figures (sold separately).

That said... Yesterday, I won two eBay auctions for George Diamond's Buzzball TTC bases and figures. $140. + shipping. Excellent investment in my mind. George Diamond did more to update and revolutionize The Unforgettable Buzz than any other person.

My wife said, "$140. is still cheaper than restoring a '57 Chevy. You would pay that much for one '57 Chevy hubcap." 

Indeed. 

And all the enjoyment I get from playing electric football is... Well... Priceless. 😃👍 

Enjoy the Journey    T43    🏈♾️

• Like 2

I’ll say it again, giving the hobbyist more information and transparency on what’s to come and more so when to expect items to be available would be appreciated. I.E. what’s the future of the uni-forms?? When will the painted teams will be READY to buy? And which teams will be in stock etc. Just saying they’ll be in for Christmas isn’t enough information. (Can my wife get on tudorgames.com and order these BEFORE Christmas so that their under my tree on Christmas morning?) The date of things doesn’t matter as long as we have a date.

• Like 2

The emails that we’ve received are “exciting” but without knowing exactly when or having a date, it’s kinda hard to get excited. I can’t tell someone that I’m going to give them $1,000 without expecting them to immediately say “well when??” with their hand sticking out. Where all hungry and just want to know what time is dinner. 3 plus years of out of stock.

• Like 2

This should allay some Uni-Form worries.

I emailed Bryan Nutt from his Beenutt website and he responded immediately. Here's the email. It reads from the bottom up.

bryan@tncrailengineering.com

7:28 AM (44 minutes ago)

to Terry43

We will continue them!

Bryan

Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2023 8:38 AM
To: mail@beenutt.com
Subject: Beenutt.com Contact Us Web Form

Full Name

Terry Mackey

Hi Bryan, Will Tudor (i.e. Bryan Nutt) continue or discontinue Uni-Forms?  Thank you. Terry 43

So, I would suggest EF hobbyists use the Beenutt webpage to voice ideas and concerns.

Enjoy the Journey   T43.   foot🏈♾️

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Daryl Collins said:

Coach T43, can you expound on your recent purchase? I need some perspective on what you have and your plans for it’s use. 

Thanks Daryl. 🤗  Short answer: I'm on a mission to buy as much George Diamond product as I can.

🌎 Perspective.

Just a bit of philosophy first. I believe if anything can go wrong — it will go wrong. I extend that to businesses. If a business can go out of business — it will go out of business. I've lived through many EF businesses going out of business. 👎

One of those was George Diamond's SI Warehouse. George created his own bases, his own plastic football players, his own motion generators, and (this is most important) his own 1-color, 2-color, and 3-color numbers. These numbers were better than anything Tudor ever produced. The vinyl numbers adhere to the contours of football figures like waterslide numbers but without the labor-intensity of waterslide. I thought I'd died and gone to EF heaven. 🥰

George Diamond did all of this before ITZ was even a twinkle in the Klingbeil Brothers' eyes. George Diamond sells his products on eBay now. A bidder has to take what George offers and I'm okay with that.

George Diamond's TTC bases are a kind of pea soup green and the dial is the same color, but oval in shape. The best thing is Tudor dials work just fine on George Diamond bases. About a decade ago I tried the George Diamond bases and then I bought dozens of boxes.

I remember when I first saw George's plastic football men. I bought dozens of teams. I don't use all of George's figures but I use his Cover Corner as the Center on all of my teams. As a bonus, George's figures come apart so you can interchange arms, heads, and torsos. As you might expect, I really like that aspect.

📓 Plans.

After a decade my SI Warehouse back stock is exhausted. 📉  I'm completely out of plastic football men. I only have 10 pea soup bases remaining. I've been gradually replenishing my jersey number stock and that's a work in progress. My strategy is to buy a lot of product and then I'm ready to ride out the inevitable business failure.

The team I call Shamrock Bay rides exclusively on George Diamond bases. All of my teams have SI Warehouse numbers (front, back, and shoulders).

And now I have about 50 new plastic figures and about 50 new pea soup bases. Maybe more if I win the auction ending this afternoon.

I absolutely refuse to let economic downturns, discontinued stock, or old age interfere with my enjoyment of electric football.  😃👍

Enjoy the Journey.   T43.   🏈♾️

• Like 1

I was very disappointed to find out about the Uni Forms to no longer include the action figures with the purchase.  I discovered that on my last two teams, when they showed up without.  I sent out an email to inform that they were missing.... and now I know.  Fortunately I have most of the teams I desired, and still have a lot to apply.  Not sure moving forward if I will keep purchasing them without the inclusion of the figures.

• Like 1

I feel you , brother! I had not ordered to find this out. I just heard about it. I’m in the same boat as far as having many teams to put together. I will only order if they come out with some of the alternate uniforms and helmets from this season. And then only ones I really want/need. You can only buy 2 teams complete compared to 3 half a year ago. Last year’s drops seem like nirvana now for those of us who enjoy this product.

I don’t like to be negative, but I don’t expect new drops this, or any other year. I think the separation of figures and Uni-Forms is a way to decrease sales of the product to the point of justification of abandoning the product. I hope I’m wrong. I guess we’ll see. The new owner has a vision of where the hobby needs to move, and it’ll be interesting to follow where that is. I have absolutely no idea. I won’t alienate myself by voicing feelings about stuff I have no facts to back up. All I know is, I’m participating in the hobby in my own fashion way more than I have in years. And all this is due to Uni-Forms. 
As my stock dwindles down, and that will take a minute, I will focus on solitaire play, the Forum, and, who knows what the new Tudor owners have up their sleeves. Guess we’ll just have to be patient and stick around to find out.

Journey On.

• Like 1

I see the separation of figures and Uni-forms as a natural, inflationary process that reflects the U.S. economy in general. 📈

I also see it as an opportunity. ⚖️ When the price of painted figures on eBay is lower than the cost of Uni-forms + figures, (which it is) then the consumer has more choice.

You could create two leagues: The AFL and the NFL (Already Finessed League and the Not Finessed League) Then you could have a merger and the two divisions could play an ALABAMA IRON BOWL. Or, as I saw on a Farm Supply Store recently, "Puppy Warmer Bowls". 

Enjoy the Journey.   T43.   🏈♾️

• Like 1