The '65 Oughtin' Otters vs the '71 Red Peg Rhinos

Halftime: the Oughtin' Otters are up 28 — 21. The Otter defense actually forced a punt. 🥾

Enjoy the Journey T43 🏈♾️

P.S. If you are viewing my videos for the the first time I use Stop-Forward-Progress tackling instead of Touch tackling. Also, I use dice for passing. The Offense rolls a D12 and the Defense rolls a D10. If the D12 is the larger number then the pass is complete. If the D10 is the larger number then the pass is incomplete. Ties are interceptions. I buy dice that match the team colors. 🖌️

The Red Peg Rhinos first drive of the third quarter.

Note: the instant replay on an actual, honest-to-goodness tackle. Otters' DT #62 hits Rhino HB #25 so hard 💥 he knocks him down.

Note: the HALFBACK DRAW at the end of the drive. This play rarely works but it works for twenty yards in this drive. 🤪

Cornerback #40 closed out the game with a Pick-Six.

Two of the four Playoff Spots are filled. On one side of the Tournament Bracket are the Christmas Spirit and on the other side the Oughtin' Otters.

2013EFLVintageSeason10Schedule.thumb.png.7911df88d34aa81118aabb652506e502.png

Time for one team to climb out of The Basement and claim the Third Playoff Spot.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Daryl Collins said:

determine punt yardage and procedure?

I use dice to determine Punt yardage. I use a D6 for the first number (2 —6) and a D10 for the second number (0—9). So the shortest possible Punt is 20 yards. The longest possible Punt is 69 yards. [I do the same for Field Goals] I don't have blocked Punts or blocked Field Goals.

My procedure is to count the yards from the line of scrimmage and then set up the punt return like a kick off return.

16 hours ago, Daryl Collins said:

on the draw play, what device do you use to produce the stationary effect

I use a magnet within the base, but you could use any of the techniques used for a QB sitting in the pocket, or a safety 10 yards downfield. I used the base+magnet from a cheerleader figure. I cut the cheerleader off and glued the running back to the base. Here's a picture of the bottom of the base.

100_1001.thumb.png.3083f87805b54a5d2d1aaf1acfafe5a3.png

Please note many leagues don't allow magnets on player bases.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2023 at 4:26 AM, Daryl Collins said:

Hi, Coach T. How do you determine punt yardage and procedure? Also, on the draw play, what device do you use to produce the stationary effect on the running back, and where or how do I get or make one?

Thank you!

You can by disc magnets from most any Office Supply store, Craft Store or Lowe's and Home Depot. Simply cut the prongs from a base and glue the magnet underneath. Amazon.

71bGd4cKz6L._SL1500_.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Daryl Collins said:

pressure washing the front of the house

You still pressure wash? 😃

The size isn't important, it's the kind of magnet that's important. 

"Neodymium magnets are the strongest known relative to their mass, with even small magnets able to support thousands of times their own weight."

A Neodymium magnet the size of an ant's head will hold anything on the football field precisely in place even if you turn the vibration up to, "Nuclear Weapon Simulation." Don't swallow one of these.

The one I'm using is 3/8 inch and it is a very weak ferrite magnet.

Enjoy the Journey  T43 🏈♾️

• Like 2