Introduction

Hi, my name is Andre. I just joined the forums the other day and I want to share a little backstory of how I got interested in electric football.

Back when I was a child I would get a toy from the store every time I visited my Grandparents. One day, my Grandfather and I went to Target to pick out something. We then came across the Pavilion Electric Football Set. I love football and it looked pretty interesting, so we got the set. Later that day, I played with it and we were all fascinated with how the red and white figures moved on this vibrating board. Years went on and as I kept playing with this board I was starting to feel dissatisfied because I wanted a board that had the features of a monster board. I was looking online to see if anyone else was playing electric football like me. I find all these videos on YouTube about the electric football tournaments and channels like FAT8 Conference, PlayEF, and Eltoro49. I was so fascinated by the different designs, the boards were up to scale, and the game looked realistic. I told myself, “I wanted something like that!“ So it wasn’t until 2016 when I had to do a Passion Project in middle school, that I wanted to make a monster board for my project. I teamed up with a good friend from church that has a tool shop and we built the wonderful 5ft x 28in electric football table! I presented it at school and it was a hit! Everyone came over to see what the electric football table was about! This project even helped me get into my high school that I recently graduated from. And at that point on, I’ve been trying to expand my collection as far as more teams, more bases, and more tweaking. 

I hope that helps you guys know about me a little more. I’m so glad to be a part of the electric football community!

image.jpg

BA14EBFF-8556-44E3-A7CD-41C5F7E52075.jpeg

• Like 1

Awesome story! Gorgeous board! I got my first board at age 6 in 1967. My next board was the Super Bowl III game from Sears. Still has the $12.88 price tag on it. This is a great hobby with many avenues to approach it with. Right now the Uni-Forms are my go to for relaxation, but with the forums, I can keep up with those many facets. Welcome to the hobby, and be careful. You could end up at 61 years old and still just as in love with it as Christmas morning 1967.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Daryl Collins said:

Awesome story! Gorgeous board! I got my first board at age 6 in 1967. My next board was the Super Bowl III game from Sears. Still has the $12.88 price tag on it. This is a great hobby with many avenues to approach it with. Right now the Uni-Forms are my go to for relaxation, but with the forums, I can keep up with those many facets. Welcome to the hobby, and be careful. You could end up at 61 years old and still just as in love with it as Christmas morning 1967.

Wow, that’s great! Thank you! This is a great hobby and is relaxing. How are the Uni-Forms? I haven’t tried them before.

It takes a minute to get the hang of application, but I can knock out a complete player in about 15 minutes, give or take. It’s great for me because I have absolutely NO skills painting! I’ve collected everything older I want, so Uni-Forms have reinvigorated my interest in collecting. Unfortunately, to the chagrin of my wife. 😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Daryl Collins said:

It takes a minute to get the hang of application, but I can knock out a complete player in about 15 minutes, give or take. It’s great for me because I have absolutely NO skills painting! I’ve collected everything older I want, so Uni-Forms have reinvigorated my interest in collecting. Unfortunately, to the chagrin of my wife. 😂

Oh good. I’ll have to try it out then. 

11 hours ago, Long island EFL said:

I love this story Andre and thank you so much for sharing! Please keep sharing it makes for great reading and love for the game.

I really appreciate it!! I’m constantly trying to make improvements to my board and solitaire league. One day it’ll all pay off. 

• Like 1