NEFGM Large purchase of vintage gameboards

I recently had the opportunity to travel to Pittsburgh, PA to purchase a large collection of vintage gameboards from a long time collecter. It really is not the policy of the museum to make large purchases like this, but since we are just in the beginning stages of setting up the museum, I decided to make an exception in this case. Here are a few pics. DSC01976.thumb.JPG.48a3c64f83bada936bc1a60f621a1d5c.JPGDSC01978.thumb.JPG.9b7234ed7a67599a60c560db81d4c07e.JPGDSC01979.thumb.JPG.95d66618c758be75ecd8549970e77832.JPGDSC01978.thumb.JPG.9b7234ed7a67599a60c560db81d4c07e.JPGDSC01976.thumb.JPG.48a3c64f83bada936bc1a60f621a1d5c.JPG 

My goal for the museum is to have at least one example of every gameboard from each period of the history of electric football and at least one of every variation in mint or as near mint condition as I can get. Making this purcahse went a long way towards making that goal a reality but still a long way to go.  For the most part these games are in good or fair condition. A few very good (near mint) and several poor or very poor ( Rust and dents). The teams were not included in this collection (they had been pulled and sold separately) but many things like the rule books, scoreboards and accessory parts were still with them. 

Overall I am very pleased with this collection. I am gaining a wealth of knowledge about the history of the game and that is truly what the purpose of the museum is. As I continue to go through these games I will take more pics and share them in this post. If you have any questions please ask and share your comments. 

Thanks,

Chris LeMay, Founder and Curator, The National ELECTRIC FOOTBALL Game Museum

"preserving the buzzzzz ..."  

• Like 2