Long Island EFL NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME/PREGAME: Washington Football (7-2) vs Green Bay Packers (7-1)

1027333218_1200px-Nfc_championship_logo.svg(1).thumb.png.87ae62af52cc7b50589016bb6adfe5b2.pngARTICLE WRITTEN BY LIEFL MEMBER LEVI VICK. December 20, 2020. We made it to Coquina Key, St. Petersburg, Florida! Relaxation for a few days and back to New York to celebrate the holidays, and then back here again for the month of January.  There is much to celebrate and think about in the changes we have all endured in this country this year. Our way of life has been interrupted, many people have died due to COVID-19, the world has seen major catastrophes, and the civil unrest has altered the country. Electric football brings us together to share a passion and purpose, united in brotherhood.  Unfortunately, Long Island Sports Hall of Fame Inductee Andrew Slawson, our LIEFL analyst, won't be making the trip down, but he did predict that Washington will beat Green Bay 28-21! He said, "Washington is the better team, even defensively.  The NFC East in this league is as good as the North, and I don't think they can stop the four-punch offensive threat of Washington. Tony Green beat up the Cowboys with 146 yards rushing with two touchdowns, and he had 493 yards on special teams with two 100 yard kick returns for touchdowns. Green Bay will have trouble on special teams stopping Green. Green also had 106 yards rushing against a really touch Seattle defense with 269 all-purpose yards in the game with a 73 yard touchdown run!" 

Because of all of the delays, we still have the NFC Championship Game which will be played this evening, and then our SUPER BOWL XVI between the Miami Dolphins (7-2) and the winner of this game, which will be played tomorrow afternoon at 5pm! We transported the field, stadium, and the three teams left down to Florida in an uneventful drive, with beautiful weather! 

IMG_20201220_091310752.thumb.jpg.0fc74a9392c9a9eceeaf69d5e6d63062.jpgThis Washington Football Team or WFT, in the Long Island Electric Football League has surprised many people this year. But then again, with the coach that they have he seems to get the best out of every team he coaches except for San Francisco. It has been a dynamic year for Coach Viggs. He still has two teams alive in the playoffs in the Green Bay Packers (7-1), who meets his other team, the Washington Football Team (7-2). Since the 1977-78 LIEFL season, the two have never met in the playoffs, yet both have been to the Super Bowl. 

Washington's Tony Green and "The Diesel" John Riggins, are a perfect lethal combination to play against Green Bay because Riggins does the bull work when called upon, and Green is the speedy power back who scores points, takes the kick returns, and can run away with a game fast. Washington is a four punch team, with running, receiving, bull running, and defense. Tony Green was LIEFL Player of the Week in Week #4, he exploded in the Wild Card Game against Dallas with 639 yards with four touchdowns, and he had 269 yards with a 73-yard touchdown run in Washington's win over the very tough Seattle Seahawks in the NFC Divisional Championship Game to get here.  But WTF also has a passing game when they need it in Art Monk and Charlie Taylor. This is a well-rounded professional football team and today at Lambeau Field, Coach Viggs, believe it or not has selected Paddy Branigan to play with his Washington Football team. Primary Recency?  Maybe the theory playing into this is that the fresh win Viggs had over Seattle and Brannigan,  is a way to develop a game plan against his own team. Also why is Viggs picking the Packers?  Maybe because the league feels they aren't as good as their record?  Viggs loves proving people wrong, but this is a money round as well.

Off the record, Viggs simply says that after the Packers win today, they would be a better suited matchup for Miami's lethal offense, but as you read yesterday the Dolphins defense is alive and well, and anyone who has to face that Miami front line is in for a game. Miami beat the #5 Tennessee Titans 42-20, #1 Baltimore Ravens 52-46, and #3 Los Angeles Chargers, 32-27!  Washington has beaten #4 Dallas 45-37, #7 Seattle 24-22, who beat Miami this season, and this game against  #1 Green Bay will be a war! Green Bay beat #5 Detroit 31-26, and Detroit is no pushover. 

IMG_20201220_091432195.thumb.jpg.02422b98dc563bffa0f411c7bc40eb75.jpg

IMG_20201220_091450494.thumb.jpg.6db7f66f8e00351ed8b38ae839d05694.jpgThe Packers will brawl with anybody and having only allowed 52 points during the regular season, a lot of questions arose as to whether or not there are true contender, but today they're going to get a chance to prove that since we still have doubters. One of those doubters is Johnny Freeport Chucker who lost to Green Bay in the SNOW BOWL game 31-26 against Chucker's Lions. Chucker said, "Best be understanding that Viggs feared the heck out of my Lions. Well I really liked the snow game for the good of the league. I am not happy that the snow held my best running back at Bay and I never thought that we would lose to Green Bay twice, but playing Washington I really don't think Green Bay will win the game and I think it's a mistake for Coach Viggs to miss out on a chance to play in the Super Bowl because I think Washington is the better team because not only do they have an outstanding defense, but this Washington team can score points, and they will dominate the Packers. Just like the real Diesel, Riggins in this league seems to get the job done, and O'C's Dolphins are better than the original Dolphins."

IMG_20201220_091318049.jpg

IMG_20201220_091339448.jpg

Edited by Long island EFL
added information
  • Like 1

Glad you made it to Florida!! Outstanding game preview. Go Packers !!  Guess it is safe to post some of these now since this remodel of the Packers Hall of Fame and Museum has been open for over 6 years now. Just a glimps into some of the work I used to do with museum exhibit fabrication and installion. 558125399_Phone531.thumb.jpg.7cc6eeb4c62a1b5f785bcb98b5b77dac.jpg766867993_Phone530.thumb.jpg.bb0563400f2a0b47069d34519a084b77.jpg879029053_Phone571.thumb.jpg.81c2808f77071c6bf4a0c0a150ead51b.jpg1457144493_Phone566.thumb.jpg.5e8402f095a03736f0efff8e6c3f3889.jpg1855523899_Phone575.jpg.358f27e792f15331047d9805331d6334.jpg707516562_Phone574.jpg.663920002b0fbe0e7c92215e4afefeb5.jpg564423168_Phone573.jpg.a04fa051c2680fc03ebad4d77e0596b7.jpg1439955712_Phone369.jpg.e3023f632da38b9e328323c9c9212fff.jpg

Took a tour of the packer hall of fame and stadium 3 years ago and it was fantastic! Last time I was at the stadium before that was about 30 years ago.and I was very impressed with all the changes to the area. 2 years ago I went to the pro football hall of fame in Canton and it is difficult for me to say witch I like best.

8 hours ago, Nanook said:

Took a tour of the packer hall of fame and stadium 3 years ago and it was fantastic! Last time I was at the stadium before that was about 30 years ago.and I was very impressed with all the changes to the area. 2 years ago I went to the pro football hall of fame in Canton and it is difficult for me to say witch I like best.

I also did quite a bit of work at the Pro Football Hall of Fame. The Base that the Super Bowl Trophy sets on is one that I built. 

SBTrophy350WEB

Every football fan should try and see these two hall of fames. I went to the old packer hall of Fame many times as my job took me to Green Bay twice a week for a year in the late 80’s and I stayed in a hotel across the street to the old hall and next to the practice field.some of the players stayed in the hotel during mini camps. It was a dream come true for a Packers fan.when I went back up there a few years ago I was amazed at the changes. I took a behind the scenes tour of the stadium and it was fantastic. The pro football hall of fame was a great trip and I crossed off number one from my bucket list. Everyone there was great from the head man on down and there was a lot of joking between fans from different teams. I highly recommend both trips.

• Like 1