New bases coming from ITZ?

Terry43

I just read this on the ITZ webpage:

Our Story…

2024 will see the brand new M2 Bases released. Named for Mark’s son Marky (M2) these bases will revolutionize the game. Similar to the Starter Bases, there will be two dials (one in the front and one in the back) with pre-formed prongs to make tweaking much easier.
So that is our story and we are excited to see what lies next…

Has anyone seen any pictures of the M2?

I've seen pictures of the Mercedes Benz M2.

image.thumb.png.3e36abc5ab0ad08cf0de6c2ece05cd64.png

2023 BMW M2, the 2024 Mercedes-Benz E-Class 

The BMW M2 has dials in front and back. It comes with pre-formed prongs. Could they be the same?  🤪   LOL

Looking forward to giving the new ITZ Bases a test drive.  🏎️

Enjoy the Journey.    T43.    🏈♾️

• Like 3

I’ve seen the claims of revolutionary products before. Back in the Miggle days there was supposed to be a base that performed great “right out of the bag”. They did not. Thank goodness I hung onto them so that when I got around to tweaking I could salvage most of them.

So I will buy the M2s when they show up. I’m interested but not overly expectant.

Journey On!

• Like 3

This just in from the ITZ webpage. More information on the M2 bases.

• There has been a significant delay on the M2 Base. Mark submitted the design and received the first samples but the factory did not make them to our specifications. They decided to try to charge us over $2,000 if fees to make changes to the mold when they did not follow our specifications! The only issue is that the dials do not fit snug at all and turn from just moving the base. Good news is that despite the issues, the samples were very fast and had decent strength!

What is the M2 Base and how will it benefit the game? 
M2-Prongs.jpg

The design improves the performance of all ITZ Bases by using Pre-Shaped Prongs. This takes a lot of the guesswork and frustration away from the coaches learning to tweak at a higher level. Instead of the prongs molded to the shell (which necessitates them being straight), all the prongs are mounted to front and back dials (similar to the Starters). This allows us to Pre-Shape the prongs for better out of the bag performance as well as saving valuable time and frustration tweaking.

Are these going to win tournaments out of the bag?

Hell NO but, in the hands of skilled tweakers they will have a place on championship teams.

Are they approved for tournament play? 

We submitted the drawings of the M2 Bases to the TOC and received approval before the factory started on the molds so they will be legal for tournament play.

Why did we design a new base? 

This was an extremely expensive project requiring two injection molds; one for the prongs and one for the shells. We believe in electric football and we see a major growth coming to the hobby with Bryan and Anne bringing their passion and experience to Tudor Games, we want to be sure new coaches can experience the full potential electric football can bring. Invisibases caused people to laugh at the game again and quit. we want to help change that perspective! 

I copied and pasted this information without the approval of ITZ.

Enjoy the Journey.    T43   🏈♾️

• Like 1