Electric Football Experimental Research Project.

Here is an interesting document recently added to the NEFGM Library. If you don't remember who Elly Hargrave is, she first come on the scene of electric football as a 12-year-old competing in the first ever Buzz Bowl Tournament of Electric Football for Women. She was later named 2000 EFL Newcomer of the Year.  Beginning with the Spring 1999 Issue of Plugged In! you can read more interesting articles that feature this young female electric football legend. 

image.png.34535f02103fa7a7ffbcf45142428ba7.png

Elly Hargrave Experimental Research Project.pdf

• Like 2

Is Elly still playing electric football?

I enjoyed the research. This part of her Conclusion interested me. "I noticed however, that the bases seemed to become straighter the more
that they were used...
"

Bingo. The best tweak is to let the bases play. Gradually each base will reveal its personality.

I've never boiled a base. She does seem to have compelling evidence that boiling in baby oil helps. 

Enjoy the research journey.   T43.    🏈♾️

• Like 1

I did find her profile on Facebook. No mention of electric football. Married since 2011, currently lives in Peckville, PA, works as a registered nurse. I may reach out to her later. I think her brother Lenny, may still be involved with electric football. The Hargraves were one of those families that came to a lot of the early Miggle Conventions. I can remember sitting and talking to her mom and dad at several of them. 

• Like 2

I met Lenny Hargrave who had the pleasure of participating in the First TOEPRO Football Tournament world championship in Milton, Delaware.  He was surprised to see how the game was played in the beginning and the exciting game were.  He told me that if the gameplay was like this, he would have never left the game. 

• Like 1