Waterslide Decal Question

A lot of people place their decal sheet on a sponge or something similar to keep the decals wet and ready to slide.

My question is if you cannot complete your decals for whatever reason can you remove the decal sheet from the sponge and have it be okay till next time?

in other words, will the decals be ruined in that situation? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Coach Shawn said:

A lot of people place their decal sheet on a sponge or something similar to keep the decals wet and ready to slide.

My question is if you cannot complete your decals for whatever reason can you remove the decal sheet from the sponge and have it be okay till next time?

in other words, will the decals be ruined in that situation? 

Usually shawn  in our experience once those decals are wet they need to be applied because it will not be okay if you leave it there and come back to it while it's wet

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Long island EFL said:

The Raiders were very difficult to put the pant leg stripe on at $42 from beenut, and the sleeve for the Tampa Bay buccaneers was also a big problem

Yes those are hard to do.

I also have a terrible time seeing the  shoulder numbers when it is white printed on white.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Long island EFL said:

I know it's a huge challenge to get some of those things on the player. If I can help in any way please let me know

I have loads of extra decals if you need a few I'd be happy to send them to you if you're having trouble the b e e n u n t decals

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, zak99b5 said:

I snip out the decal I want to use and only place that on the sponge.  Never the whole sheet.

Yes that is the way I always have done it.   But I see how the sponge method would speed things up.

My problem is I have a large family and so I don’t have large blocks of free time.  So if I did try the sponge method I would likely get interrupted and risk ruining my decals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zak99b5 said:

I snip out the decal I want to use and only place that on the sponge.  Never the whole sheet.

Exactly otherwise it's a wasted effort you can't put those decals on that fast and sometimes they will break so the best way to do it we think, is to do one at a time sometimes two

• Like 2

Just now, Long island EFL said:

Exactly otherwise it's a wasted effort you can't put those decals on that fast and sometimes they will break so the best way to do it we think, is to do one at a time sometimes two

Yes.  I will stick to this technic.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Coach Shawn said:

Yes that is the way I always have done it.   But I see how the sponge method would speed things up.

My problem is I have a large family and so I don’t have large blocks of free time.  So if I did try the sponge method I would likely get interrupted and risk ruining my decals.

What we do is put a little water on the table on the side and just touch it fast we wait a minute or less because some decals don't come off as easy and then we apply

• Like 2