Moving Pivots

One of the technics I enjoy using in competitive games is the use of one of your players to strike another of your players in a way that pivots the player into a new direction.

Here is an example:  note that in our competition league the offense gets two pivots prior to the play.  The defense gets no pivots.

As you see the RB is originally set up facing the line, this hopefully causes the defense to strengthen the line.  When it is time for pivots I pivot the RB to go wide.   I then pivot the lineman so while moving he will strike the RB and pivot him downfield.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Added looper to defense and moved TE as blocker.  Same play.  Here the TE fails to clear out the looper and the RB, turned by the lineman, runs into the back of the TE.   With no forward movement by the RB the lineman stays in contact snd continued to pivot the RB.

The RB turns enough to slip past the TE towards the inside and gains about 7 yards.

Edited by Coach Shawn
Forgot to insert video
  • Like 2

For whatever reason I cannot see your videos. I get a "codec" error, but I understand the technique that you are using. I have tried to develop plays that do the same thing. Mostly though with the QB or another RB angled to hit the ball carrier and purposefully turn him to run in another direction. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nefgm.org said:

For whatever reason I cannot see your videos. I get a "codec" error, but I understand the technique that you are using. I have tried to develop plays that do the same thing. Mostly though with the QB or another RB angled to hit the ball carrier and purposefully turn him to run in another direction. 

Yes I usually also use the QB or RB but hsve started experimenting with using linemen now.

curious that you can’t see the videos. Some videos others post here I also cannot see.