Most difficult game of the season

The most difficult game of the season also happens to be the last of the regular season.  Pic included.   Disclosure:  I’m a Packers fan.  The Packers are playing the Vikings at Lambeau Field.  If the Packers win, they are in the playoffs.  If they lose, the Giants go.  The Giants actually had the hardest schedule in the league.

What make this game difficult?  Being a Packers fan, of course.  Obviously, I want the Packers to go.  I have to sit back after every play to make sure that I’m not giving the Packers an advantage.  Then… I have to sit back AGAIN and make sure that in making sure I don’t give the Packers an advantage, I don’t give the Vikings an advantage 😂

I know a lot of people use dice and cards to pick their plays, but so far, I’m not interested in that.  I enjoy strategizing the plays in my head.  But, this is one of the times it would be advantageous.

4895C690-60E9-4863-82C7-02F72AA47759.jpeg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Greg F said:

What make this game difficult?  Being a Packers fan, of course.

Then take the real Green Bay Packers out of the equation. The real teams aren't at your house right now and aren't you glad? 😉

Think of the little plastic peeps as your children. 👶 You tweaked everyone one of those bases. You've watched players on all your teams grow into confident, consistent EF players. You were there for all of their firsts. No absentee father — no, not you!

You've done your best to train them. Now it's time for you to step back and run the power switch. The team that executes the best will win the game.

Enjoy the Journey.   T43.   🏈♾️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I feel you Greg.  I'm also a Packer fan, and it's natural to have a little extra desire for your team to succeed.  As the game unfolds you get a feel for the strengths and weaknesses of both teams, and like Terry alluded to you just have to line them up and see who executes the best.  Just try to be fair in the process.... not leaving your best receiver unguarded or a player intentionally set up to fail.  It's best when they earn it out right.  In 9 seasons I've had my Packers win one Super Bowl.  It was a Double OT thriller capped by a 50 yd.  TD pass from Rodgers to Jordy Nelson, defeating the Kenny Stabler led Raiders.  The game had many opportunities to go either way.  Very exciting and legit!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Terry43 said:

Then take the real Green Bay Packers out of the equation. The real teams aren't at your house right now and aren't you glad? 😉

Think of the little plastic peeps as your children. 👶 You tweaked everyone one of those bases. You've watched players on all your teams grow into confident, consistent EF players. You were there for all of their firsts. No absentee father — no, not you!

You've done your best to train them. Now it's time for you to step back and run the power switch. The team that executes the best will win the game.

The Packers definitely have the best bases.  But, Kirk Cousins just scrambled 46 yards for a TD on 3rd and 17.  Big plays like that make the difference.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JPT222 said:

I feel you Greg.  I'm also a Packer fan, and it's natural to have a little extra desire for your team to succeed.  As the game unfolds you get a feel for the strengths and weaknesses of both teams, and like Terry alluded to you just have to line them up and see who executes the best.  Just try to be fair in the process.... not leaving your best receiver unguarded or a player intentionally set up to fail.  It's best when they earn it out right.  In 9 seasons I've had my Packers win one Super Bowl.  It was a Double OT thriller capped by a 50 yd.  TD pass from Rodgers to Jordy Nelson, defeating the Kenny Stabler led Raiders.  The game had many opportunities to go either way.  Very exciting and legit!

I’m definitely trying to execute for both teams.  The Bears beat the Packers in Soldier Field this year.  That was murder!  😭

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Greg F said:

The Packers definitely have the best bases.  But, Kirk Cousins just scrambled 46 yards for a TD on 3rd and 17.  Big plays like that make the difference.  

And, Jaylen Reed turns around and returns the kickoff 82 yards to the Viking 12.  Big plays coming left and right.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, zak99b5 said:

DAH DAH DA-DUH DA DA Go Pack Go!

Clunky 3rd quarter.  The best bases were shut down.  Nothing for the Packers, but the Vikings kept surviving 3rd and long.  They drove down to the Packer’s 3 before taking a sack.  They hit a 20 yard FG.

Packers 21 Vikings 20.  But the Vikings have the ball at midfield.  

(I don’t like drives like that.  They are very messy and ugly.  But, it is what it is.  Maybe there will be more big plays in the 4th quarter)

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Greg F said:

The best bases were shut down.

Isn't that something. 🤔 Happens to me all the time.

It's like the little plastic peeps really do make adjustments at halftime.

38 minutes ago, Greg F said:

They are very messy and ugly

When you have 22 men on the field all t once things are bound to get ugly. Someone, probably a tight end, will make the difference.

Enjoy the Journey.    T43.   🏈♾️

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Another conversion on 3rd and long.  After 2 sacks of Cousins, Jaire Alexander barely misses a third.  Cousins hits a wide open KJ Osborn, who then slants his run to the right to make sure he gets the first.  Most of the Packers best bases are on the other side of the field letting Osborn get all the way down to the 5.  

(As of now, I only video after the catch)

Edited by Greg F
Add info
  • Like 3

And, Osborn gets wide open in the endzone for the Viking TD.  But, Cousins is sacked on the 2 pt conversion.  The Pack is living and dying by the blitz.  

The Vikings take their first lead of the day, 26-20 just short of midway through the 4th.

Good news for the Packers is that they can win with a TD.  Bad news is that one bad mistake probably does them in.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Terry43 said:

Your field runs very smooth. 😃👍

Your players also run smooth and fast. I'm seriously impressed. 😃👍

I get the ITZ based to go pretty good.  Of the ones you can see well, 17 is on a HITZ.  58 is on a a CL1 strong.  88 is on a CL1 fast, but tweaked to be stronger for a TE.  

Edited by Greg F
  • Like 3

Love rolls out on play action but no one is open.   I really thought he was done.  But, #88 slightly turns #3 to the left, and #33 pushes #18 to the left instead of flipping him around (which is what I thought would happen).  And, #11 keeps #22 tied up.  Jordan Love runs just left of pylon for a TD.  Extra Point is good.

The Packers take back the lead 27-26 with 58 seconds to go.  The Vikings have 2 timeouts remaining.  A FG will win.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Greg F said:

Love rolls out on play action but no one is open.   I really thought he was done.  But, #88 slightly turns #3 to the left, and #33 pushes #18 to the left instead of flipping him around (which is what I thought would happen).  And, #11 keeps #22 tied up.  Jordan Love runs just left of pylon for a TD.  Extra Point is good.

The Packers take back the lead 27-26 with 58 seconds to go.  The Vikings have 2 timeouts remaining.  A FG will win.

This was on 4th down by the way.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Cousins throws a screen to Mattison for 6 yards, then hits Jefferson for 21 yards to the Packer 41 and takes a TO…. Then, this happens.

Osborn gets wide open again, and takes it 41 yards to the house.  2pt conversion failed again.

Vikings 32 Packers 27

The Packers will have time for a kickoff return and 2 plays.  Jaylen Reed had had 2 kickoff returns for TD this year, including the one you saw on my post “Need Another Set of Eyes”

Edited by Greg F
  • Like 3

Christian Watson (top right on your screen) returns the kickoff.  He’s rocked by #58 at the 38 yard line.  Time for one more play.

(typing this out to y’all had helped me call this game as a coach for both teams.  Thank you!)

• Like 3

Love is flushed from the pocket and goes down in a heap at the 34.  Game over.

The Vikings had their best bases make plays down the stretch, but I think the one clunky drive for a FG and clock management at the end of the half and in the 4th quarter won this game.

The Packers had far superior bases on the line is scrimmage and in the backfield, but the better bases don’t always win.  The Vikings had a bad team this season, but they knock the Packers out.

The Giants make the playoffs.  

• Like 3

On 3/5/2024 at 10:39 AM, Greg F said:

The most difficult game of the season also happens to be the last of the regular season.  Pic included.   Disclosure:  I’m a Packers fan.  The Packers are playing the Vikings at Lambeau Field.  If the Packers win, they are in the playoffs.  If they lose, the Giants go.  The Giants actually had the hardest schedule in the league.

What make this game difficult?  Being a Packers fan, of course.  Obviously, I want the Packers to go.  I have to sit back after every play to make sure that I’m not giving the Packers an advantage.  Then… I have to sit back AGAIN and make sure that in making sure I don’t give the Packers an advantage, I don’t give the Vikings an advantage 😂

I know a lot of people use dice and cards to pick their plays, but so far, I’m not interested in that.  I enjoy strategizing the plays in my head.  But, this is one of the times it would be advantageous.

4895C690-60E9-4863-82C7-02F72AA47759.jpeg

i’m a packers fan too and im a bama fan as well so i feel this and i never cheat but bama is actually really good in my league, packers not so much for my pro league😂.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Jayethekxng said:

i’m a packers fan too and im a bama fan as well so i feel this and i never cheat but bama is actually really good in my league, packers not so much for my pro league😂.

I graduated from Auburn, so I think they should be doing some bigtime recruiting in your league lol

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Greg F said:

I graduated from Auburn, so I think they should be doing some bigtime recruiting in your league lol

hey they just joined they’ll have their first season next season and man let me tell you their running back is blazing💨 

• Like 2