Super Bowl Week

Happy Super Bowl Week everyone! It’s here, baby! The high holy week of the year! And what’s more, got the announcement for The Con out today. What a start! 
I’ve included some pics to prove my bonafides. One of me in 1971 with my Chiefs sweatshirt on, and one from 1968 with my model 500 game, among the other gifts from Santa. It’s the only surviving photo of my electric football games from my youth. 
Let’s have a great time folks! It’s a great time to be in this hobby!

Journey On!!

D.C.

IMG_2993.png

IMG_2995.png

• Like 2

Coach Collins, I noticed the number 43 in the second picture. Uncanny isn't it? Is that an Alabama Jersey?

In a previous post I remembered the jersey number to be 19. Oh man, high school was a very long time ago.

terry10copy.jpeg.dd7b5132f95cefe2ea6db3ee86a18112.jpeg

T.T. Editor stands for Trojan Times Editor. I was the editor of the high school newspaper.

I haven't found any pictures of my original electric football field. However, after my wife and I graduated from college my dear sweet wife got me back in the hobby. Christmas 1982.

Christmas1982009.jpeg.25d406192c535b5a380a7a996095a37f.jpeg

Enjoy the Journey.    T43.    🏈♾️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey, Coach T!

I wondered if you would pick up on that! Wetumpka Indians’ peewee football team. Yellow jersey, black numbers. Wetumpka is outside of Montgomery, Alabama. Spent 5 years there. Great times! 
One Christmas, my wife got me an electric football game. Cowboys/Steelers. I got back in heavy in the Miggle era, due to that.

Journey On!

D.C.

• Like 2

Thanks for the pics, Guys!!! Yes, turning out to be a very good Monday. Love it!!!

Here is something else for you. This is in response to someone else's question that was asking me about the Convention and Tournament. This was from Bart Moore, that lives in the Tallahassee, FL area. He and his wife Jennifer came up to see the "Art of the Buzz" exhibit that I had last year. Awesome people!! They are palnning on coming up for Tudor-Con. 

I am working on a Convention schedule and other activities. I will definitely have a traveling museum exhibit with vintage gameboards, teams and EF Art. Similar to what you saw in the "Art of the Buzz" exhibit, but on a much smaller scale. Also trying to get Ron Mango to set up a painting demo and workshop. I am also considering a Throwback Tournament modeled on what you have done. If you have any interest in helping with that, it would be much appreciated. Also working on information on some of the other things that can be done and places to visit around the area. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Daryl Collins said:

One Christmas, my wife got me an electric football game. Cowboys/Steelers. I got back in heavy in the Miggle era, due to that.

Me too!!! Christmas 1997. 1996 SB XXXI Patriots and Packers, Wife no more (I kind of think electric football had something to do with that. LOL).  Game board turned into a combo Tennessee Oilers / Tennessee Titans field. Teams repainted to something else, I think WFL Birmingham Americans and Memphis Southmen. 

My wife now (married in 2000) is much more accepting of my EF addiction. I certainly couldn't be trying to build an ELECTRIC FOOTBALL Game Museum. If she wasn't. Check out the article in the Spring 2001 Plugged In!

2001-spring-1.pdf (wordpress.com)

image.png.e7d5d48b79aca25a11d071f35b5e9a11.png

• Like 6