Tudor-Con 2024 Tournament Rules

I can't believe this statement remains in the TAP rules.

• Some coaches don’t take pride in how their team looks on the field but make sure you at least have a number on the back of the jersey.   Remember Prime Time: “If you look good – you feel good; if you feel good – you play good; if you play good- you know the rest.

Neither Uni-forms, nor superb paint make an average team a championship team.

Enjoy the Journey.  T43.   🏈♾️

• Like 3

My best players play on offense and defense. Little plastic peeps don't get tired, or develop muscle cramps. So why this rule?

• Can you switch bases out between players during a game?  NO!  The only base switching that is allowed is the QB – he can go from a moving base to a stationary base and vice-versa during a play.

So, white jerseys on Defense and dark jerseys on Offense and I can't use my best bases on offense and defense? 

I believe the only purpose of this rule is to keep the game moving fast. Am I right?

Enjoy the Journey.   T43.    🏈♾️

• Like 2

Finally an acknowledgment that fumbles don't occur in electric football because everyone can securely wedge the ball under the ball carriers arm. The ball doesn't jiggle loose. So let's just admit fumbles don't occur and move on.

Nope. Can't do that. We must keep fumbles in the game. 

• How does a player fumble?  You create a fumble by knocking down a player during a tackle!  If this happens, the offensive coach flips a coin: heads the offense keeps it, tails the defense takes over!

Well, if I can knock down the ball carrier during a tackle why don't we just play tackle football?

Really, I'm enjoying this journey.   T43.   🏈♾️

• Like 2

I didn't like this rule when I heard it on the AEFL channel and I'm still not thrilled by it.

To keep it simple in “TAP”, the center will always line up in the center of the field between the hash marks.

Again, another rule where the purpose of the rule is to keep the game moving quickly. 

However, this rule seems to defeat the idea of football.

All plays are read-option plays!  No need to call run or pass before the play.

I believe many people will  like these TAP rules. However, I believe the emphasis on making the game fast has put a damper on it for me.

Enjoy the Journey.   T43.    🏈♾️

• Like 2

A lot of good points, Terry, the TAP rules are more in keeping with what has become fairly standard practices in league and tournament play and, for the tournament, designed to be all inclusive in equipment and in regards to figures and bases. 

Tournaments have to move fast and continuously to complete a fair number of games in a very short time. 

By Sunday Morning only the Conference Championships and the Super Bowl Championship Game are all that there is time for to play.

And attendence drops dramatically on Sunday as most people are checking out and leaving for the airport or long drives home on Sunday Morning. 

The biggest part of the convention and tournament activities will be scheduled for Saturday. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Terry43 said:

I believe many people will  like these TAP rules. However, I believe the emphasis on making the game fast has put a damper on it for me.

Obviously not for everyone and very hard to make a ruleset that everyone will be happy with. 

But please don't let that stop you from coming. This is a tournament and CONVENTION. Planning many more activities that should interest people from all facets of the game and hobby, including collecting and solitaire play. 

For me this is an opportunity to "show case" the museum as well. 

Thanks Terry, loving the conversation and discussion. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, nefgm.org said:

But please don't let that stop you from coming. This is a tournament and CONVENTION. Planning many more activities that should interest people from all facets of the game and hobby, including collecting and solitaire play.

Thank you Chris. You are a very warm and inclusive person.

Truth is, for me, I just don't find electric football to be a spectator sport. I try to watch the videos posted on YouTube and I get bored. The prospect of watching a constant stream of RPOs is making me sleepy just writing about it.

Convention activities such as 'best paint', 'tweaking workshops', and 'strongest, fastest' competitions are probably of secondary interest because my game play is so eccentric. As Bryan states in the TAP rules:

• You would be amazed at what some people try to do to their players to make them perform better!  Basically, you are allowed to add weight to the player and base by adding putty underneath the base.  Also, you are allowed to add two-sided tape to the player connection to the base.  That’s about it.

I'm the 'Some People' he is referencing. So, I won't be there.

I will miss seeing the Museum Exhibit. I've enjoyed the historical stories you've posted.

Enjoy the Journey    T43    🏈♾️

• Like 3

On 2/2/2024 at 5:28 PM, Terry43 said:

I can't believe this statement remains in the TAP rules.

Neither Uni-forms, nor superb paint make an average team a championship team.

Enjoy the Journey.  T43.   🏈♾️

Dag-Nabit! You just had to burst my bubble Coach T. That was the one chance I had of bringing home the championship trophy on Sunday afternoon....

Maybe "Prime Time" has his own league out there in Colorado? If so, I'll be frequenting Hobby Lobby for that perfect hue of Burgundy & Gold. 🏈🖌️

• Like 1

On 2/5/2024 at 8:29 AM, BlueHen said:

Maybe "Prime Time" has his own league out there in Colorado?

Mea Culpa!  😪 

Part of looking great leading to playing great is hair regrowth. 

image.png.117719f1143dd451b48af3d56a34bc25.png Heck, with a Deion Sanders' Hair Transplant I might never lose another EF Game. LOL

Enjoy the Journey   T43.  🏈♾️

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Terry43 said:

Mea Culpa!  😪 

Part of looking great leading to playing great is hair regrowth. 

Hec with a Deion Sanders' Hair Transplant I might never lose

Coach T, you'd become the 72' Dolphins all over again

#Undefeated

https://tenor.com/view/nfl-deion-sanders-prime-time-gif-13844734405043846354

https://tenor.com/mdCNJPfhoTa.gif

Edited by BlueHen