MNF Tournament Game 4

Cowboys V Chargers in Uni-Forms. Had a motor vs controller issue. Still not sure it’s 100% resolved, but I got new parts on the way and should be in tune soon. This issue is pushing me towards the mini ultimate board. We’ll see how it shakes out. I’ll have to investigate what size field cover for the old Miggle Super Bowl boards. Anyone want to save me the math? Anyhow. Here we are!

IMG_2785.jpeg

• Like 4

So, on a rainy, windy night in T-town, the 4th quarter begins with the Cowboys up 24-17 on the Chargers. The Chargers scored on the first play of the 4th with a 38 yard pass for a touchdown! The extra point fails leaving the score 24-23 Cowboys. An interception by #95 Fonteneau of the Chargers, who returned the pick to the Cowboy 25 set up 2 running plays and the Chargers find the end zone once again. Score after electing to go for one, Chargers 30-Cowboys 24. The Cowboys march to the Charger 35 and on the last play of the game, #95 Fonteneau picks off his second pass of the game to seal the deal!

Next game, the semifinal, pits the 49ers V the Commanders! 

• Like 4

So in the latest game in the MNF tournament, the 49ers vs the Commanders. After one half it was 17-3 49ers. In the second half, the 49ers practiced ball control with a devastating running attack but allowed the Commanders to hang around. In the 4th, with the score 23-10, the Commanders hit on an 81 yard TD to #21 to pull within 6 at 23-17. The Commanders recovered the onside kick at the 49 yard line and had one play to make it happen. It didn’t. A sack by # 56 of the 49ers sealed the deal. Final score, 49ers 23- Commanders 17.

Next up, the San Diego Chargers (that’s right, as God intended them!) V the Detroit Lions. The winner to meet the 49ers for the Season II MNF Tournament crown!

Journey On!

• Like 3

On 1/8/2024 at 10:06 PM, Daryl Collins said:

So, on a rainy, windy night in T-town, the 4th quarter begins with the Cowboys up 24-17 on the Chargers. The Chargers scored on the first play of the 4th with a 38 yard pass for a touchdown! The extra point fails leaving the score 24-23 Cowboys. An interception by #95 Fonteneau of the Chargers, who returned the pick to the Cowboy 25 set up 2 running plays and the Chargers find the end zone once again. Score after electing to go for one, Chargers 30-Cowboys 24. The Cowboys march to the Charger 35 and on the last play of the game, #95 Fonteneau picks off his second pass of the game to seal the deal!

Next game, the semifinal, pits the 49ers V the Commanders! 

yes! Hell of a game!

On 1/20/2024 at 11:42 PM, Daryl Collins said:

So in the latest game in the MNF tournament, the 49ers vs the Commanders. After one half it was 17-3 49ers. In the second half, the 49ers practiced ball control with a devastating running attack but allowed the Commanders to hang around. In the 4th, with the score 23-10, the Commanders hit on an 81 yard TD to #21 to pull within 6 at 23-17. The Commanders recovered the onside kick at the 49 yard line and had one play to make it happen. It didn’t. A sack by # 56 of the 49ers sealed the deal. Final score, 49ers 23- Commanders 17.

Next up, the San Diego Chargers (that’s right, as God intended them!) V the Detroit Lions. The winner to meet the 49ers for the Season II MNF Tournament crown!

Journey On!

Games are close and intense between the two. 49ers!

• Like 1

How the mighty have fallen. With a clear field in front of him, #23 of the chargers trips and falls, thus giving the game to the Lions, 24-19. Lion’s running back Williams #30 rushed for 2 touchdowns and 245 yards to drain the clock and seal the deal.

Now on to the Championship with, (and you can’t make this up, people) The 49ers vs The Lions! The 49ers have a strong running attack as do the Lions. Should be a great one today! At MRC Memorial Field as well as in real Santa Clara at Levi Stadium!IMG_2941.thumb.jpeg.413b8867caa57d8f113f310d8e778ecf.jpegIMG_2942.thumb.jpeg.827790ed58d39f23cb468763551cc767.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Daryl Collins said:

#23 of the chargers trips and falls

Probably turf toe. I noticed he did a face plant. That's gotta hurt. 😵 Is there something in #23's contract that we can use to dock his salary? 

I noticed other players have fallen down. 🧐 Are you deliberately soaking the field like John Madden allegedly did on the Oakland-Alameda field before big games? 

I'm wondering, if a player falls over and the fall isn't the result of contact by a defensive player, can the tipsy player get up and run? Are we playing college or NFL rules?

Or, if a player falls over and another offensive player is behind him (and let's say within five yards like in the picture), could the tipsy player lateral to his teammate?

If the face plant caused a concussion, could the referee call an Injury Time Out and stop the clock? Then the San Diego (as God intended) Chargers could take a time out to avoid the mandatory 10-second runoff. This would give the Chargers 1-second on the clock to attempt a Hail Mary.

Inquiring Minds want to know. 🥸

Enjoy the Journey.    T43.     🏈♾️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daryl Collins said:

The 49ers vs The Lions! The 49ers have a strong running attack

I'm a sucker for the Jared Goff redemption story... And I know the Lions have never been to a Super Bowl... But I really, really like Christian McCaffrey. His versatility and durability reminds me of Marcus Allen. I can see McCaffrey changing direction at his own 5 yard line and running 95 yards for a touchdown. Or catching a pass and doing the same. So I'm pulling for the NFL 49ers 🤠 in Levi stadium and for your Lions 🦁 in the MRC Memorial Stadium. 

Enjoy the Journey.    T43.    🏈♾️

Well I had thoughts about the get up and run NFL rule, but this is the first time this has happened on this board. To have two players fall down, and on the last play, was just uncanny. I was a bit in shock, so the game ended there. I’ll have to revisit the decision to pick him up, or call the play dead. Had he been able to resume, there’s a good chance the Lions wouldn’t have won the game. I’ll mull it over. In the meantime, the real life 49ers are in the Super Bowl, so you have your wish there! I’ll be pulling for the Chiefs, as they were my first love from way back in 1971. (Geez. Am I really THAT old!?!).

Journey On!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Daryl Collins said:

first love from way back in 1971. (Geez. Am I really THAT old!?!).

I wore the same Chief's jersey under my pads in high school. I graduated in '74. The number on the jersey was 19.

"Only two Kansas City Chiefs have worn jersey #19 in the history of the franchise. Cotton Davidson, the original quarterback of the Chiefs' franchise, wore #19 for just over two seasons from 1960 to 1962. The other was Joe Montana, for two seasons from 1993 to 1994."

Enjoy the Journey.   T43.    🏈♾️

• Like 1

So MNF Tournament II champion is the San Francisco 49ers. After destroying the previous season’s champion Falcons in the first game, it was no surprise to see them as champions defeating the Lions 29-23. The 49ers lead throughout with the pesky Lions hanging on until the last, failing to recover an onside kick, effectively ending the game. The game MVP was #99 Kinlaw for the 49ers who tallied 5 sacks, one for a safety. Three sacks recorded in the 4th quarter. He wreaked havoc on the Lions O-line. Virtually unblock-able.

Next up, we will set up training camp for the Con. We have 2 months to train, then come back to MNF Tournament III and house solitaire rule’s after that.

Journey On!

• Like 1