Santa brought the 2024 draft today. 

The Red Peg Bases will become draft choices for my Red Peg Rhino team and the Aqua Bases will become draft choices for my Oughtin' Otters Team.

I'll probably do a uniform redesign for the Red Rhinos.

I know there's a visible difference between Hog Leg players and Chicken Leg players, but I never knew there was a visible difference in the single-clip bases. Now that someone on eBay has pointed out the difference I'm delighted to announce I will be creating two more teams. One team will ride exclusively on the Chicken Leg Bases and the other team will ride exclusively on the Hog Leg Bases. 🛷

Merry Christmas and thank you Santa! 🎅

Enjoy the Sleigh Ride 🛷     T43.     🏈♾️

• Like 2

There is a visible difference that the two single clips are from different molds and probably different eras. Here is the top and bottom of the alleged Hog Leg bases.

100_3777.png.504a04c52fae491111b7a57f012554f4.png100_3781.png.2c4ed5f3e5e56f39341353cb9a414a0a.png

Note the circles on the top and the number front and center on the bottom. 

Here is the top and bottom of the alleged Chicken Legs bases.

100_3779.png.a51822a4a1297a0050aab2796a1620ef.png100_3785.png.f7a62af26d2c75b0aa2fda1f6c5f211b.png

Note there is no distinguishing features on the top of the base and the number is larger and centered at the back of the base.

As near as I can discover Tudor started manufacturing Single-clips around 1965 and did so until 1973~74 and the introduction of TTC Bases.

From 1965 to 1969 Tudor manufactured Big Men. The football figures known as Hog Legs were manufactured from 1969 to 1971. From 1971 to 1974 the football figures are skinnier and known as Chicken Legs.

Of course, the definitive book The Unforgettable Buzz should resolve this question somewhere in its 600 pages but from my reading it doesn't. At least not that I can discover. Neither does the Full Color Electric Football book.

So I will hazard a guess. The Aqua Single Clips have the same circular marks as the bases designated Hog Legs so I will venture they came either before, or after, or during the manufacture of the alleged Hog Legs. This would make them made in Hong Kong Bases.

The alleged Chicken Leg bases have the same distinguishing characteristics as the Red Peg bases so I will venture they were manufactured about the same time and that would make them made in Haiti, or made in China bases.

Finally the Aqua bases are chemically unstable. All Aqua bases have an oxidation residue that wipes away.

100_3786.png.20383579a86b3e5ba016744233d645db.png

On page 244 of the Unforgettable Buzz the authors write, "... Norman Sas and Lee Payne decided that using well-known division rivalries would create the widest appeal in selling the games. The new NFL flagship model (the 620) would feature the Eastern Division Giants and Browns."

The 1967 model 620 also featured Aqua single-clip bases. I know this for certain because I have one. The plastic may be unstable but My God are they fast.

Enjoy the Journey   T43    🏈♾️

• Like 3

Yes, I met them in Philadelphia in 1999 when they were just beginning to do the research and work for The Unforgettable Buzz and then in 2014, I met Earl Shores at the Tudor Convention and got a signed Directors Cut copy of The Unforgettable Buzz. I don't think I have his email. and neither one of them are very active on FB. Neither the Unforgettable Buzz website nor Facebook page has been updated in years. Nothing that I have ever read goes into that much detail about the manufacturing process. Roddy Garcia did donate a large amount of information regarding electric football to the Library of the Strong Museum of Play, in Rochester, NY that one could go to and do some research, which I do plan on doing some day. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nefgm.org said:

neither one of them are very active on FB. Neither the Unforgettable Buzz website nor Facebook page has been updated in years.

Hi Chris, Very sorry to hear that. 😪 The location of the base manufacturing plants may be lost to us.

However, if you do find a possible email address for Garcia or Shores I will send an email. 

Merry Christmas. Enjoy the Journey.    T43.   🏈♾️

• Like 2

On 12/21/2023 at 8:52 PM, Terry43 said:

Santa brought the 2024 draft today. 

100_3776.mov 18.8 MB · 2 downloads  

The Red Peg Bases will become draft choices for my Red Peg Rhino team and the Aqua Bases will become draft choices for my Oughtin' Otters Team.

I'll probably do a uniform redesign for the Red Rhinos.

I know there's a visible difference between Hog Leg players and Chicken Leg players, but I never knew there was a visible difference in the single-clip bases. Now that someone on eBay has pointed out the difference I'm delighted to announce I will be creating two more teams. One team will ride exclusively on the Chicken Leg Bases and the other team will ride exclusively on the Hog Leg Bases. 🛷

Merry Christmas and thank you Santa! 🎅

Enjoy the Sleigh Ride 🛷     T43.     🏈♾️

WOW! THAT WILL BE A FABULOUS HIGH-LEVEL DRAFT!

• Like 2