Vinyl Covers on both sides?

Paul Kian

Hi fellow Coaches and Forumites,

Do any of you have any experience with putting field covers on both sides of a sheet metal field? How does it affect performance? I'm looking to make two custom covers, and would like to save money and space. I know that it would encompass making a "floating" motor system of some sort, probably like the one Eltoro49 has per the videos on his YouTube channel.

Thanks!

-PK

17 hours ago, TOEPRO Football Kit said:

A floating sheet creates a different set of problems (noise, unstable and cost).  Depending on size of the board you want, it may be effective to get a second board or get a blank field cover and buy end zone covers. 👍🏾

Thanks for the insight, Coach Kinchen. I think even Eltoro49 mentioned that his fields are a bit noisier than the Tudor ones. I live alone so that's not really a problem, but I'm sure it would be for families and people with close neighbors.

My field is a 50 yard field with 17 yards of Endzones, scaled to 42" x 18". The reason I want to do two different covers is that one is going to have 7 and 10 yard Endzones, and the other is going to have 5 and 12 yard Endzones.... I know, it's odd.

My logic is that in Arena (and Electric) football wind is not a factor; therefore, both Offenses can attack the larger Endzone since the Defense doesn't need a big Endzone to return fumbles and interceptions. It would also save me a set of Goalposts. 😆

I currently have two Galvanized 24 gauge sheets cut to size. One is pretty straight, but the other got beat up pretty hard in shipping and will need some work getting the dents out. If I have to I can just do two separate boards. I'm just trying to see if it's worth it.