Something old, turned into something new.

Thanks, this is the first team I've actually completed so lots of first timer mistakes.

Hopefully I will get better.

The Tees came with the display, right now they are just sitting on top unattached that's why they are so off centered in some pictures.

When I'm ready to attach them permanently I might use a single dab of Modge podge.

They are ultra shiny because of the sealer I used. Not from the glass reflection.

I haven't decided if I want to add the stands or not.

If there is any interest, I will post pictures of the full team.

• Like 4

See. That’s the stuff right there! The repurposed case would be good enough. But the Canton Bulldogs!?! Man… outta left field, even. I am not kidding you when I say I needed a pick me up and this was it! If this came out in Uni-Forms, I would so get it. Stellar work on all counts, man!

• Like 4

Thanks, this is the first team I've actually completed so lots of first timer mistakes.

Hopefully I will get better.

The Tees came with the display, right now they are just sitting on top unattached that's why they are so off centered in some pictures.

When I'm ready to attach them permanently I might use a single dab of Modge podge.

They are ultra shiny because of the sealer I used. Not from the glass reflection.

I haven't decided if I want to add the stands or not.

If there is any interest, I will post pictures of the full team.

Edited by Chris Harris
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Daryl Collins said:

See. That’s the stuff right there! The repurposed case would be good enough. But the Canton Bulldogs!?! Man… outta left field, even. I am not kidding you when I say I needed a pick me up and this was it! If this came out in Uni-Forms, I would so get it. Stellar work on all counts, man!

• Like 3

Thanks Daryl,

The 1920 Canton Team were the first NFL Champions.

I believe Jim Thorpe played on that team.

I wish Tuder would update their molds to include older uniform types.

The uni-forms would be perfect for this as you could simply print higher wasted pants.

instead of creating new molds.

By the way I wish I had your talent for applying uniforms as you do if I did, I would be very happy.

I'm happy to see people with the same passion as I do making customized teams.

I enjoy seeing your work.

MX0GPRV.jpg

Edited by Chris Harris
  • Like 5

Silicone

16 hours ago, Terry43 said:

The paint on your Canton Bulldogs is worthy of Museum Wax!

Silicone is a really great idea, also. I use Museum Wax because it's available on Amazon. But Silicone is available at my local hardware store! Brilliant. 

image.thumb.png.51b0005b0222c84b1740d25b549a8d27.png

Enjoy the Journey T43 🏈♾️

• Like 2

Both seem like easy application and removal for later use.

I'm going to try both and see which serves my needs and ease of availability.

I have several Haiti teams from the 70's that have broken parts, I am going to try the museum wax on those and see if the hold is good.

When I was younger, I just threw everybody in a box and forgot about them and through neglect and moves over the years they were damaged.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Terry43 said:

Silicone

Silicone is a really great idea, also. I use Museum Wax because it's available on Amazon. But Silicone is available at my local hardware store! Brilliant. 

image.thumb.png.51b0005b0222c84b1740d25b549a8d27.png

I worked in Museums and in fabricating and installing museum exhibits for 14 1/2 years, Never heard of the stuff!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/24/2023 at 10:16 AM, Chris Harris said:

I have several Haiti teams from the 70's that have broken parts, I am going to try the museum wax on those and see if the hold is good.

Museum Wax isn't glue so it might not work for repairing broken arms and broken legs. I believe it would work great for holding Jim Thorpe to a golf tee. 😀

• Like 2