My super bowl III needs some help

Capanther

I pulled it out a few days ago...i noticed the swirl lines ...probably from cleaning over the years...i was hoping some of you guys could offer some suggestions....i thought about getting some rubbing compound and then wax it....but i didnt know if that would be too strong ...thought id see if anyone has had success getting light scratches out.

20200625_223912~2.jpg

Edited by Capanther

I don't know if this is something you want to do, but we are going to start selling Field Covers next week that you can install on any metal board. That would solve the scratches issue, but would change the character of your game--if you want to keep it original and vintage.

Another idea is very fine steel wool, but check first to see if it takes the paint off. I would avoid any wax or waxy substances. Hope this helps. 

• Like 2

Thanks....yes not really interested in field cover....i would like to get rid of some of the scratches...i figured rubbing compound would be too strong...i thought someone might have found something that they have had success with....maybe ill just buy an old cheap little board sometime and experiment

A friend of mine suggested mothers california gold...i think it helped a lot ...im putting in a few pictures and compare them to the above picture with charlie sanders of the lions ...i think it looks much better now...there are still some swirls but much less noticable now

20200629_221242~2.jpg

20200629_220928~3.jpg

20200629_220719~2.jpg

I just used a little at a time on soft polish cloths ...i did about 20 yds at a time....didnt leave it on long...u can still see some of the swirls but they are much less noticable....i wiped it off with lens cleaner packs before i put the wax on....i put the wax on in circular motion but i took it off once it hazed from side to side...i started in the endzones first ....i gently put it on and took it off...no hard rubbing

Edited by Capanther
  • Thanks 1