Hogleg and Haiti Team Picture Guide

Tburn

Hey guys, 

Back in the days of the old Miggle Toys electric football forum, there were a couple of links to pictorial guides of all the hogleg teams and all of the Haiti Teams. I saved those links but they don't work anymore. Does anyone know if these pictorial guides still exist and if so, how can I access them? They were a great resource for verifying if a team is authentic or not, and also served as a painting guide for those who paint their own reproductions of the old Tudor teams. I have all of the Tudor catalogs for these old teams, but the photo resolution on those wasn't as good as these close up photos of actual players taken with a more modern camera. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Tony

The book Full Color Electric Football is the reference book I use for most of my reproduction painting. On my website are several picture references to old teams. LG's Electric Football is probably the one that has the most of players from different eras. Here is a link: LG’s Electric Football – The National Electric Football Game Museum (nefgm.org)  

• Like 1

Thank you for that reply. I have thatbook and you are right. It is an excellent resource. I think what was unique about that old link is that it had photos of all the teams not just as they were pictured in the Tudor catalogs, but it had photos all of the variations for each team - little differences in sock stripes, shoulder stripes, pant stripes, and shades of paint. It was not only a good painting reference, but those little nuances in paint scheme made it really easy to spot a phony paint job on a team somebody was selling on ebay. 

I have tried several times. Lynn "Weirdwolf" Schmidt no longer owns the MFCA brand or website. Elgin Clemens owns it all now. Supposedly everything was so corruprt their was nothing to save. Basically the MFCA exists in name only now with no real leadership but still has the largest following of any of the Facebook electric football groups with over 2500 followers. I was on the Board of Directors of the MFCA for 5 years until it became more about the TOC tournaments rather than the game and hobby as a whole.The MFCA as an effective organization no longer exists. 

When I have time, I will try to reproduce that thread. I used photobucket back then and would just store the high resolution pics on that site. They don't allow free hosting anymore. If there is a free 'hosting' website, let me know. Each image is anywhere from 1-3 MB each. I have the original images from that thread and of course I have some updates.

John

• Like 1

The HAITI Era page was actually a site I managed that Lynn set up for me. Multiple collectors contributed pictures of their teams in addition to mine. I may have some of the images saved to a flash drive but I don't know where. I've always wanted to make a new site but just have never found the time. 

There was some nice representations of all the variations of the HAITI uniforms I wish I'd have saved them. One of these days I'll hopefully run across the files.

• Like 1

The HAITI Era page was actually a site I managed that Lynn set up for me. Multiple collectors contributed pictures of their teams in addition to mine. I may have some of the images saved to a flash drive but I don't know where. I've always wanted to make a new site but just have never found the time. 

There was some nice representations of all the variations of the HAITI uniforms I wish I'd have saved them. One of these days I'll hopefully run across the files.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, TripleOption67 said:

If you ever come across those files, let me know. I can set you up a page on the nefgm.org website.