Old school 1969 hoglegs game pics

31 Jim taylor and 63 fuzzy thurston for the packers.....40 gale sayers of the bears..41 brian piccolo of the bears and 71 alex karras of the lions trail........30 bill brown for the vikings ...a few steps behind is 87 willie davis for the packers....41 dave osborn and 84 gene washington of the vikings are behind the play too.

20200614_220042~2.jpg

20200615_215929~2.jpg

20200614_222322.jpg

Edited by Capanther
  • Like 5

Thanks...i think the creative minds in this great game of ours today are awesome....but the old original tudor players and games from the late 60s and early 70s are what has always been my interest....i try to focus and represent that era ....i number my favorite players of that era....i guess thats the greatest thing about this hobby ...it is so diverse and we can all head in opposite directions and still be satisfied with our collections and focus.

• Like 1

I guess because the late 60s and early 70s is when i discovered football and electric football .....i number all my teams to represent the great players from that era...example...all my rams have roman gabriel and the fearsome foursome...all my steelers teams are those great 70s steelers...and as great as montana to rice was ...my 49ers always have brodie and gene washington instead....the 85 bears were so dominant but my bears have dick butkus...gale sayers and ditka is the te not the coach...lol...but hey bud its a great game and hobby we have !!!

• Like 1

I agree 100 percent.  I still have a lot of loyalty to the old guys from the 60s and 70s, but as years went by I started adding newer players, until a lot of the old guys weren't playing on my teams anymore.  I missed them, so that's when I decided to make my new season with all stars on each team from 1960 through 1999.  I have 53 man rosters, so there is plenty of room for the old guys and some of the newer players too.  I went back and researched pro-bowl teams, all-pro lists, various statistics that applied to specific positions, number of years in the league, etc.  Then I ranked them based on those criteria and built my rosters for each team.  I ended up with a mix of players from all four decades.  So I end up with Bart Starr throwing to James Lofton, but Jim Taylor and Paul Horning are still the fullback and halfback.  At the same time, Bradshaw is still throwing to Swann and Stallworth, with Harris in the backfield, but with Jerome Bettis playing halfback.  My Rams are Qb'd by Gabriel and the Fearsome Foursome are there, except with Fred Dryer starting in front of Lamar Lundy.  Tarkenton is throwing to Chris Carter and Ahmad Rashad and the Purple People Eaters are pretty much intact.  All of my teams have similar mixes of old and new players starting and backing up.  It really is a great game and hobby and it's really fun to see where everyone has taken it and what they have done with it.  

• Like 1

Capanther is in the House!!! I see Yelberton Abraham Title #14, Pete Case #65 of my Giants return to Glory with coach Alex Webster!! What a fantastic collection!!!

On 6/19/2020 at 11:58 PM, Capanther said:

74 bob lilly of the cowboys ....30 ron johnson and 45 homer jones for the giants.....32 walt garrison of the cowboys...38 bob tucker for the giants

20200620_002843~2.jpg

20200620_003247~2.jpg

• Like 1