Electric Sevens Figure Painting

Good Evening Everyone!

Since my Field Cover Thread was starting to turn into more of a Status Report, I figured I'd declutter it a bit and start posting my ESIFA Figures and their Progress into a separate post here. Right now I only have a few Spreadsheets and the majority of the paints, but once I receive the remaining paints I will start taking pics of the progress.

First, here are the 12 Teams (I decided that "Sudbury Shield" looked better than "Canadian Shield", at least when writing down the Team Names. May go back though, let me know what you think):

Screenshot_20220130-230826.png.8325329b09a616aee137fbc669fd3599.png

Next are the Helmets:

Screenshot_20220130-230254.png.1d26bb961fcd6160a6e7ec1b497ce849.png

Then the Jerseys:

Screenshot_20220130-230333.png.e6aeb67596f9cf1cfb0cd3e36b256288.png

And last, the Pants:

Screenshot_20220130-230421.png.ab110982bce6a65d7d65ddd10f5f0ec0.png

ย 

Hope to have more for you all soon!

-PK

• Like 1

Wow, you really put a lot of thought into this league. Is it a solitaire league? I like how you've chosen the color schemes based on the name and location of the team, ie: coral color for KCR. BTW, where exactly does KCR play it's home games? For LOM, I wonder if you could incorporate silver into their uniforms since a lot of silver is mined in Mexico. Look forward to seeing the finished product!

• Like 2

On 4/2/2022 at 10:38 PM, Bob Davis said:

Wow, you really put a lot of thought into this league. Is it a solitaire league? I like how you've chosen the color schemes based on the name and location of the team, ie: coral color for KCR. BTW, where exactly does KCR play it's home games? For LOM, I wonder if you could incorporate silver into their uniforms since a lot of silver is mined in Mexico. Look forward to seeing the finished product!

Thank Bob! The ESIFA is a solitaire league, though I'd be interested in making it a multiplayer league down the road if I could find people around me who were interested. I'm not super competitive though so I wouldn't really want to do it as a Tournament or anything.

The Conch Republic is a sort of tongue-in-cheek micronation in Key West Florida. I cheekily decided to make them an "International" league, because at the time I only had 6 teams. ๐Ÿ˜

Here's the website: https://conchrepublic.com/

It's funny that you mention silver for Monterrey, as I originally was planning on using the team that became Montana for that same reason. I ended up switching to orange and blue because I figured, based on each areas' Soccer/College Football uniforms, that orange would make more sense for a Mexican-based team than a Montana-based one. I do like the idea of using some silver for numbers or stripes though.

I haven't had a lot of progress yet, but once I finish each team I will post them here. ๐Ÿ‘

• Like 1

For anyone interested, here's my general criteria for picking out teams:

1) Each team is (for the most part) in a location without an NFL or CFL team. I also tried to avoid areas with hugely popular MLB, or NHL teams, because Indoor Football strikes me as a better sport with more loyal fans when it's played in under-served sports communities.

2) Each team is located in an area that has a hockey arena, ice rink, convention center, or other similar sized venue that could theoretically be used as an indoor football field based on overall dimensions- I kind of bent that rule a bit for KCR, as the nearest big convention center is technically not within the historical definition of "Conch Republic" (and is not quite in Key West either), but that definition has already changed a few times and heck maybe they will claim some new territory in the future. ๐Ÿ˜†

3) No teams from my home state of North Carolina - I want to be a fair commissioner with no accusations of favoritism ๐Ÿ˜†. Honestly though, this is because it always bugged me how the NHL Commissioner headquarters are in Toronto, the NFL's is in NYC, etc when those areas have teams. Therefore, the ESIFA HQ is in Raleigh, NC (I don't exactly live there, but figured it would be the place I'd set up an office in if I ever did this for real), and there will never be a team within 150 miles of there if I can help it (sorry, southern Virginia and northern South Carolina, nothing personal ๐Ÿ˜‰).

Let me know below how many of the teams break these rules so I can beat myself up about it and possibly make some changes AGAIN. ๐Ÿ˜†

• Like 1