AEFL Week 4 begins with a stunning upset

Carl

Previously winless Arizona traveled to Texas and delivers an absolute shellacking to the Tornadoes 42-21. The Flames came into this game tied at the bottom of the western division at 0-3 with California (also 0-3). Texas meanwhile  led the division with Nevada, both teams sitting at 2-1. The  upset itself was not that much of a shock considering how well Arizona played unbeaten Ohio last week. What was shocking was how dominant Arizona looked in the late second quarter and third quarter going on a 21-0 run in a span of 8 plays! The play that was a killer to the Tornadoes came late in the third when Arizona DT Johnny Jackson forced a fumble on Texas HB Duante Hill that was returned 20 Yards for a TD by OLB Noah Wiggins and made the score 35-14. Texas was never competitive after that. Duante Hill led all rushers with 119 yds on the ground and 2 TDS  but the rush he will be remembered for in this game will be the one where he lost the ball.  This game raises a couple of questions: Can defending champion Arizona (now 1-3)revive a season that appeared lost at 0-3? Is Texas a serious contender at 2-2?

Edited by Carl
  • Like 5

• Carl changed the title to AEFL Week 4 begins with a stunning upset

Sorry I'm so late to this post but I've been out of town for a while. I love the excitement that comes with these types of games. You never know what result will pop up next. Of course, the end of the season will determine whether someone revives their season, becomes a contender, or defends previous achievements. Would love to hear how it turns out for you so please keep us posted. My dad went to Ohio State, and I live here in the Dallas area, so I'd be interested in how they end up, but bias is something I try to reduce as much as possible. Awesome post, thanks for sharing. Look forward to hearing from you when done. Blessings, Curt

• Like 4