National Football Day is today 7/19

There are lots of national days here in the U.S. The one that bears our namesake is today for those who might care. I wonder though why a day would be chosen when neither professional nor college football seasons have begun? Go figure. Still, EF rocks, no matter what day it is! Blessings, Curt

JUL19

National Football Day

Celebrate National Football Day by kicking a ball and scoring a goal with your friends or family.

• Like 2

On 7/19/2024 at 4:43 PM, Curt said:

I wonder though why a day would be chosen when neither professional nor college football seasons have begun? Go figure.

Smack in the middle of the off-season so we don't forget how much we love football. That's the only explanation I can think of.

Enjoy the Journey.   T43.    🏈♾️

• Like 4

Football is year round. It has replaced baseball as America’s pastime. While you can play basketball by yourself, and, with a pitch back, baseball as well…sort of. I did. Football, on the other hand, requires at least two people. (Although, I did play a lot of outside football solitaire. Mostly with a Nerf football.)

No other sport or pastime has captivated me as much, over the years. Electric Football is the thread that weaves through all those years. I guess it’s why I love Electric Football so much.

Journey On!

• Like 4

Darryl,

Agree with you 100 percent.  Football was always my favorite sport.  I played baseball, basketball, and (ice hockey (and roller hockey later), but was never good enough to make varsity teams but played a lot of pick up games in those sports with kids in the neighborhoods and my two younger brothers.  I was fortunate enough to have two younger brothers who also loved football, so we spent a lot of time playing football in the off season with neighborhood kids or just the three of us and all of us played varsity football in high school.  I played in "rough touch" leagues for awhile after high school, until my knees gave out and I got married in my 30s (not sure whether they were related 🙂)  I've always said, if I had my druthers, I would play football all year round.  I think that is why I have played Electric Football for sixty years and still enjoy it.  🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1