TOC stick passing measurements

I was reading thru the current TOC rules and was surprised to see that they are no longer using Buzzball measurements for their stick passing rules.

In fact TOC uses measurements larger than the Tudor sticks.

so small is now 2”.

Medium is now 4”.

Long is now 6”.

The measure stick is now just 10”.  
so overall a large increase from the Buzzball sticks.

• Like 1

Stick Passing has evolved over the years. Part of the variations in measurements is due to the different size game boards being used and yardage distances being different on various boards. 2' x 4' game boards are now the norm. Tudor's passing sticks are based on base length's not yardage making theirs more universal and that can be used on any size game board. 

I think originally this method of passing was known as pass placement. Rules 2000 explains this method of passing.

Rules 2000.pdf

4 minutes ago, nefgm.org said:

Stick Passing has evolved over the years. Part of the variations in measurements is due to the different size game boards being used and yardage distances being different on various boards. 2' x 4' game boards are now the norm. Tudor's passing sticks are based on base length's not yardage making theirs more universal and that can be used on any size game board. 

I think originally this method of passing was known as pass placement. Rules 2000 explains this method of passing.

Rules 2000.pdf 4.44 MB · 0 downloads

I enjoy reading the history of EF snd the parts and rules that are involved.

“The Unforgettable Buzz” shared a great part of the development and manufacturing competition in EF but,  You are able to complement this with your history of minute details of rule evolution and knowledge of the EF community.   Maybe you could write your own book on EF history.  Based on your posts  I think it would be fantastic.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Coach Shawn said:

Maybe you could write your own book on EF history.  Based on your posts I think it would be fantastic.

Yeah, eventually I hope to do so. "The Unforgettable Buzz" (published in 2013) basically is a history of electric football and Tudor Games through 1988 when Norman Sas sold Tudor to Superior Toys.  The last chapter "Beyond Brooklyn" does cover in detail the acquisition of Tudor Games by Micheal Landsman and Miggle Toys. out of bankruptcy in 1992, but only briefly covers the 20 years of MIggle's ownership and then purchase by Doug Strohm in 2012. Most of Miggle's history can be garnered from "Plugged In!! at least through the fall of 2007. Beyond that I rely mostly on newspaper, magazine and internet articles and my own personal history and experiences with the game since I got back into it in 1997 and my time from 2007 with the MFCA. 

There is so much more to the history of the game other than just the manufacturing and marketing of the game which is mostly what "The Unforgettable Buzz" is about. 

• Like 3