In the words of President Reagan,”Well, here we go again.”

My 2002 Miggle board with an AFL field cover!

This time around they DID send a squeegee. This time around they DID NOT affix the painters tape directly to the backing so the backing was torn when the painters tape was removed! This time, the product was In bubble wrap and the painters tape was attached to that.

They heard me. Excellent!!

I’ll say one thing for the guys at New Tudor, they may not be the best at one on one communication, but they have responded to every concern!

The skin was easier to install this go round. Two things to remember when installing a skin on older boards. Take your time and be patient. Use an Exacto knife around the speed knob hole and poke a small hole around the rivets, then use your squeegee and micro fiber cloth to smooth out the bubbles. When it comes to placing the cover from end zone to end zone…Patience!

I won’t be using this field until MNF Tournament V so it’ll be a minute, but I can’t wait to have a tournament with the 10 original AFL teams. Now for you purists, the Jets won’t be the Titans and Dallas will be K.C. The Chargers could be the LA Chargers, but when I think Chargers, I think San Diego.

Nevertheless, 

Journey On!!

IMG_3400.jpeg

IMG_3399.jpeg

IMG_3398.jpeg

• Like 4

Looks good!  Does the extra mass of the field cover make the flimsy Miggle sheet metal any more liveable?  I can't use my old board from 2001 because it's so touchy to set up players.  The men jump when you look at them.

• Like 3

Ok, I can only speak from playing on the Miggle 1996-98 board I put the Montgomery Ward 610 cover on, and on that one the answer is yes! Now. This one is less hefty and seems to have a thinner playing surface, so I’ll have to weigh in later on that. If the MW 610 is any indication, it should help a great deal. I too had issues with that board being too touchy, so I’m hoping this will help. It certainly couldn’t get much worse. I had considered going magnetic. In retrospect I probably would have. I was just so happy with the vinyl covers I had used, I decided not to tempt fate. That and other coaches I respect leaning that way also.

All that being said, I am ecstatic with the look of these covers! Makes me sad I don’t have another board to skin! There are some eye poppers out there. 

Journey On!

• Like 4