Please Vote!!! Preliminary MVP

I’ve narrowed my MVP list to 8 candidates.  Please vote for 4 in no specific order.  I’ve got 4 people voting here also.

My leagues has 4 rounds in the regular season.  This is the first year that I’ve had bases that were really well tweaked, so I had to make adjustments to the kickoff procedure before round 2, and again before round 3.  So, you’ll probably see more kickoff returns for TD than I’d like.  Most of the return yardage happened in week 1.  The second most happened in week 2.

For this vote that I’ll do to get down to 4 players, I will just use a letter (no name) and the regular season stats.  I’ll also use “P” for playoff team, “C” for close contender and “U” for under 0.500

When I do the final vote, I’ll use the player’s name.

A.  17 receptions 443yds 7 TDs 1 2pt conversion, 11 returns 542yds 1 return TD (P)

B.  65 rushes 435yds 2 TDs, 8 receptions 61yds 1 receiving TD 1 fumble 1 2pt conversion, 7 returns 215 yards (P)

C.  55 rushes 517yds 8 TDs 1 2pt conversion, 6 receptions 93yds 2  TDs , 11 returns 500yds 1TD 2 fumbles on kick returns “C”

D.  60 rushes 561yds 9 TDs 1 fumble, 7 receptions 62yds 2 returns 171yds 1TD (U)

E.  21 receptions 559yds 8TDs 1 fumble,  7 returns 168yds (U)

F.  57 rushes 324yds 3 TDs 1 fumble, 14 receptions 302yds 5 TDs, 8 returns 322yds (P)

G.  49 rushes 476yds 6 TDs, 15 receptions 247yds 3 TDs, 10 returns 496yds 1 TD (C)

H.  31 rushes 442 yds 4 TDs, 14 receptions 217yds 3 TDs (P)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Greg F said:

I’ve narrowed my MVP list to 8 candidates.  Please vote for 4 in no specific order.  I’ve got 4 people voting here also.

My leagues has 4 rounds in the regular season.  This is the first year that I’ve had bases that were really well tweaked, so I had to make adjustments to the kickoff procedure before round 2, and again before round 3.  So, you’ll probably see more kickoff returns for TD than I’d like.  Most of the return yardage happened in week 1.  The second most happened in week 2.

For this vote that I’ll do to get down to 4 players, I will just use a letter (no name) and the regular season stats.  I’ll also use “P” for playoff team, “C” for close contender and “U” for under 0.500

When I do the final vote, I’ll use the player’s name.

A.  17 receptions 443yds 7 TDs 1 2pt conversion, 11 returns 542yds 1 return TD (P)

B.  65 rushes 435yds 2 TDs, 8 receptions 61yds 1 receiving TD 1 fumble 1 2pt conversion, 7 returns 215 yards (P)

C.  55 rushes 517yds 8 TDs 1 2pt conversion, 6 receptions 93yds 2  TDs , 11 returns 500yds 1TD 2 fumbles on kick returns “C”

D.  60 rushes 561yds 9 TDs 1 fumble, 7 receptions 62yds 2 returns 171yds 1TD (U)

E.  21 receptions 559yds 8TDs 1 fumble,  7 returns 168yds (U)

F.  57 rushes 324yds 3 TDs 1 fumble, 14 receptions 302yds 5 TDs, 8 returns 322yds (P)

G.  49 rushes 476yds 6 TDs, 15 receptions 247yds 3 TDs, 10 returns 496yds 1 TD (C)

H.  31 rushes 442 yds 4 TDs, 14 receptions 217yds 3 TDs (P)

I think I'm going to go with c because I feel like the running game is one of the most important elements and it can neutralize an opposing team. 

If this is for League MVP shouldn't there be a defensive player or two in contention? Any Ray Lewis or Mean Joe Green or Troy Polamalu players with 15 or more solo tackles? Somebody from that suffocating Colts defense must be having an MVP year.

Enjoy the Journey    T43.    🏈♾️

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Terry43 said:

If this is for League MVP shouldn't there be a defensive player or two in contention? Any Ray Lewis or Mean Joe Green or Troy Polamalu players with 15 or more solo tackles? Somebody from that suffocating Colts defense must be having an MVP year.

Let me look at that.  I can look at tacked.  There are some players that dominated, but it’s hard to tell solely by statline

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Terry43 said:

After looking, I think it’s going to be too hard to name a D player MVP.  We will do a Defensive Player of the year.

Next season, maybe I can add on “QB hurry” and some kind of stat that shows their D-line play besides just tackles.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Greg F said:

My vote is for F.  The little plastic peep has over 300 yards in every category. Over 900 all-purpose yards. He's contributing in every aspect of the game and he has lifted his team into the playoffs.

Enjoy the Journey    T43     🏈♾️

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Terry43 said:

Actually, let’s add Gervan Dexter Jr of the Bears with 14T and 1 sack.

And, Julian Brents of the Colts with 13T, which is impressive because he played on the outside a lot.

15 hours ago, Greg F said:

let’s add Gervan Dexter Jr of the Bears with 14T and 1 sack

Let's make Gervan the letter G.    😃👍

And Brents the letter H.    😃👍

I still prefer F for Offensive MVP, but my league MVP has to be H .    Defense wins championships. 🏆

Enjoy the Journey    T43.   🏈♾️

Edited by Terry43
  • Like 3

On 4/6/2024 at 8:40 PM, Terry43 said:

My vote is for F.  The little plastic peep has over 300 yards in every category. Over 900 all-purpose yards. He's contributing in every aspect of the game and he has lifted his team into the playoffs.

Enjoy the Journey    T43     🏈♾️

True the guy did a lot of damage and I like his special teams ability. Tough call but I like that you threw it out there for all of us to help you decide.

• Like 3