2024 Long Island EFL Draft and League Voting Results

draft2024.jpg.79abd63b060dbb314a22b398c859313a.jpg

(Long Island Electric Football League). March 8, 2024. Written by Levi Vick, Joey Pizz, and Paddy Brannigan.

The Forum is in for a smashing final LIEFL season with 32 teams locked in for the intense battle! In this article we will discuss the results of a number of contentious votes and league rule changes,  the status of the coaches, coaches opinions of the ITZ bases as consumers, and finally, the LIEFL Four-Round Draft results.

Order of Business: Approved March 1, 2024 League Rule Changes:

Voted NO to 30 second set up clock RULE NEGOTIATED.

Voted YES to 35 seconds for setups, down five seconds from 2023, with no countbacks or time delays in this league EVER.

Voted YES to the highly touted  I T Z player base option in the Draft with two pack purchase as a pilot for the LIEFL of ITZ BLITZ bases.

I T Z RESULTS: 

This is strictly LIEFL coaches opinions. Test your own I T Z bases up against your existing league animals for your own study outcome. Whatever makes people happy is all that counts!

Coach Joey Pizz said, "After testing the bases, we were Not impressed at all with ITZ, and in this case they tested far from superior, and further, the majority coaches opinion is, they are a waste of our $35, unless you are playing against an all-I T Z base structured league, so if all people are playing with is ITZ bases, maybe they should vet and prepare a TTC team to face the ITZ bases for your own truth. We trust ourselves to be honest, so should you have the trust in your own opinions. Film it if you need to, but it was a waste of our time and money."

Tough as Nails South Bronx native Matt Zoo York said, "The ITZ's have become the literal 2024 laughing stock of the LIEFL draft. Since we wasted that money as consumers, we own the right to our opinion. Always giving the benefit of the doubt, maybe it is the game boards that the bases are fierce in their performance, or against the same family of ITZ bases. To be 100% fair and accurate with our analysis, although 20 player bases is a small pool of bases to judge from, statistically, we saw enough of a beating from a single TTC draft pick tested against all 20 ITZ bases individually, and then the ITZ player bases faced two teams who between them, lost 12 games in the 2023 LIEFL season. Maybe $3.00 per bag is more like their worth, not $14.00."

Coach Kevin Mack said, "The issue is, those bases pissed off and embarrassed the coaches who ranted around the league that these bases are the future for great performance." In this case, Mack is referring to Coach Viggs who put 11 men on the field with the ITZ bases using scab 67 Big men figures to scrimmage a ten minute matchup against two teams, five minutes per team. The one win LIEFL Saints and the one win Browns, two battle hardened teams were selected to face the "legendary" ITZ bases. Both teams absolutely destroyed the new ITZ bases and so, we halted further testing and shipped them off to the National Electric Football Game Museum."

There are coaches in the league always looking for the competitive edge. Coach Viggs was completely embarrassed. Coaches believed in them to be superior. Viggs isn't alone. League loudmouth Johnny Freeport analyzed his testing results in this article, but Billy O'C refuses to jump on Freeport's and Viggs bandwagon. Billy O'C said, "Let me be clear. We have lots of friends on the Tudor Forum that use these bases who are satisfied with them, and I trust their word, but everyone should vet the bases for themselves. Don't just listen to the guys in this league as the law, especially Freeport There is a broad spectrum of coaches around the world who I trust for information. Sometimes you have to test hundreds to find one good base, everybody knows that. It's okay if some guys don't want to use them. Our integrity won't bend to make others happy."

Coach Ed Viggs said, "The player bases are good, possibly for the new Tudor boards which we do not use, but for the old game boards road-dogs like us, we won’t waste another penny, and that's all I have to say." 

Voted NO to no-stops to pass, 9 votes to 1 vote. The old-school LIEFL remains a one-stop fast paced league with high performance just like other top leagues in the world. 

Voted YES to approve a $5,000 Payout for LIEFL Super Bowl XIX, our final Tournament of Champions in December 2024.

Voted YES to $300 dues fee.

Voted NO to using Human Hand to Pass 9 votes to 1.

VOTED YES to The passer tool will remain the Yellow or White Tudor Games passer/kicker. No other passing devices will be used and the passer is strictly based on the coaches talent.

Confirmed Coaches for 2024 Season:

Bobby Biggs, Levi Vick, Joey Pizz, Johnny Freeport, Kevin Mack, Paddy Brannigan, Ed Viggs, Matt Zoo-York, Joe Bino, and there is an option to possibly allow one coach from the Nassau League to finish out the LIEFL in place of Billy O'C.

Perhaps on our saddest news, Billy O’C is out for the second straight season and he said he is retiring from this tremendous league, and he will no longer compete. He goes right into the LIEFL Hall of Fame for keeping this league going for as long as he has! Levi Vick is now in command for the 2024 season of a very successful LIEFL that O'Connell and Viggs built. "He is walking away from a chance to earn $5K, who does that," said Johnny Freeport.

In our final season as a league, we are reporting that the LIEFL had an awesome Four-Round 2024 Draft! Although we are keeping our promise not to waste time writing regular season updates on weekly games due to lack of readership, we will add to the Tudor Forum weekly LIEFL scores and standings, in addition to our Leaderboard in Rushing, Receiving, All-Purpose Yards, Kick Return Yards, and Defense.

Running a league right is a lot of hard work, but worth every minute of that work. The single game write-ups will come only during the playoffs, and after our eighth regular seven game season of a total 112 games is completed.  Each coach sees roughly 30 games in a season. It was such an honor to share our beloved LIEFL with other amazing hobbyists who love this hobby of electric football. It's hard not to think historically, about the wonder of the painters from different countries who made all of this possible over the years. These people worked for pennies, but at least they were employed. That is a process we would love to know more about.

IMG_5068.thumb.jpg.2b53b9d98dae32663c9794bef8fbc90a.jpgFrom Hong Kong to Haiti figures, the evolution of electric football has grown immensely. Some of the best games Tudor Games ever made were the cheapest and most affordable games. We want those old-school boards back and the old school foam football's along with professional rookie bases. Someone must have the specifications for all the Tudor Game Boards and player bases no?

How hard can it be to bring back the 1967 Model 620 Tudor Game Board? It will again end up being a best seller, especially for collectors.This game board is what helped popularize electric football. Bring back one great game board that people will purchase with a great scoreboard and real Stadium feel to it. We tried the new boards people are using and we gave it away when it didn't fit our league needs--Not good enough for Advanced Play. We don't like the giant fields either. Having a giant field doesn't mean that the only people using those giant fields are advanced coaches at all. It means, playing fields are more about preference and not necessarily your coaching.

Coach Joey Pizz was talkative saying, "Listen, there are 352 player bases in the LIEFL who compete on 11-BEST man rosters just like the old days when we played, but the difference is that we have elected the crem-dela-crem from thousands of bases in the Draft-Pool hunting for that next star, that next power player and playmaker in the league. I love Solitaire EF, but this is not that prototype league. Our plastic warriors play both sides of the ball in this intensely vetted league, probably no different than your leagues when it comes to vetting and the Draft. We cannot waste a second of time in our games compared to all these lengthy and interrupted stops we see all over YOUTUBE in other leagues, respectfully. We are a one stop league--PERIOD! We NEVER allow game stops to interfere with the natural continuity of any play in this league. All the extra stops we have seen makes the game so unrealistic, but to each his own. Having played organized football as a fullback and outside linebacker, that stopping-style is not lifelike football when every single play there are three, sometimes four, or even more stops turning players around to chase the ball carrier, or pivoting, or even running. This is what coaches are calling Advanced Play? I beg to differ. We let the play unfold itself naturally without any aid or interference. It is one of the reasons I will never play in any of these tournaments, along with the $ factor to pay the winner of the tournament. We would never play by those multi-stop rules."

This year's 2024 LIEFL Super Bowl XIX will have a impressive $5K payout. Bring on the competitive beasts! Who will be the 2024 Super Bowl XIX Champion in the Tournament of Champions? Joey Pizz predicts his New York Jets will go far.  

Coach Kevin Mack said, "It doesn't always take hours to see how a team will perform in a game. In a 32-team league, a coach must pay close attention to the competition while competing if they want to advance their game. After the game we usually see coaches taking notes of every team they watch in order to prepare should they meet that team during the regular season or postseason. Last season we saw Super Bowl XVIII Champion Johnny Freeport taking lots of notes, including  names, numbers, big plays and playmakers, and repeated plays coaches made, even if he did not play that team. He developed his own archive to refer back to. But because of the great Draft, he has to start over again and do the same thing every season."

Through the LIEFL Draft, the  league has exploded with dynamic and fierce competition, along with excellent coaching!  Out of the first 150 new TUDOR TTC player base pool in this 2024 draft, and after two rounds of extreme vetting and cross vetting, as existing player bases are replaced with new talent, in the first Three LIEFL Draft-Pool rounds, it seems we have drafted 41 solid new player bases who will compete in the 2024 season thus far. That is the most drafted new player bases since 2008, when we purchased at least 300 new TTC and rookie bases to rebirth the league. That's when we transformed the entire league to make it what it has become today. The older player bases were destroyed by the TTC bases, and BOOM!, there was drastic improvement to the league.

In 2008, as a result of that first draft, the Oakland Raiders won LIEFL Super Bowl XI, when out of that draft came Raiders Superstar Dave Casper who heroically had 349 all-purpose yards in the game as he whizzed to the center of the field in a pileup, and then emerged down the center of the field with his second 100-yard touchdown of the game, to beat the New York Giants in 22 seconds of overtime 27-21, to win a Super Bowl thriller!  Here we are in 2024, sixteen years later, and Casper is shooting for 10,000 all-purpose yards this season! The Raiders need to anchor their O-Line in this draft, and Coach Kevin Mack is considering buying some larger 67 Big Man figures for his front three.

Whoever Bill O'C wills this league to will be so lucky. Every single team in this league is designed to compete and beat the competition in the league. It is a SUPER POWER league with some excellent coaches competing at a high level without all the fluffed up rules! 

The LIEFL Draft boomed with talented player bases in this Draft-Pool, but can they carry over to the live games? That is yet to be proven and that is what makes the upcoming 2024 season so exciting. Regardless, we think the league will once again produce some fierce competition with all the upgrades, and that is such an exciting paramount to any decent league, that coaches invest heavily toward Kaizen improvement.

LIEFL legendary Coach Ed Viggs said, "As kids it was Billy O'C's Miami Dolphins who dominated, but those days are long over since the draft in 2008. Because of the strength of the draft it makes me wonder how many of our teams of the past would have won Super Bowl's against our teams who are a product of the draft since 2008 in the league. These teams today would have destroyed those rookie base Dolphins, but most of those 50 year speedy running bases are scattered throughout the league because Billy O'C gracefully sacrificed those speedy bases to be used as running backs in order to make the league better. That was the beginning of league integrity and greatness in my opinion! We have invested hundreds of hours and money into making every team fantastic through the heavy vetting process of thousands of player bases, all to find the right competitive fit for not just each team, but for the league, and the experience has been super! I can help other coaches to make great competitive leagues that are never short of better competition within one's own league, but it takes effort. Keeping that constant Kaizen cycle of improvement is paramount to the success of any high-level league."

THE VERDICT IS IN ON THE DRAFT:

There were Three Rounds to this year's LIEFL Draft. It may be the best ever Draft in the LIEFL. Only time will tell.

Here is the verdict on who won big! LIEFL Commissioner Billy O'C said, "These coaches are so savvy. To me, it seems they were very strategic with their picks. I am out again in the final year because of the B A T B O Y Ray Negron, New York Yankees documentary that is now in the hands of an amazing Hollywood editor, and it should be out by this year's World Series." Remember when? LOL! 

Coach Joey Pizz, said about his picks in the LIEFL Draft, "I think, I won big along with Paddy Brannigan, but really everyone came up big by picking up what they needed to improve their teams, but this year I have never seen so many great draft bases in the pool."

Coach Joe Bino said, "In reality what happens when we play our last game in the LIEFL as a organized league? I am really gonna miss the competition." Coach Kevin Mack said, "Everything goes to Billy O'C. We owe him a parting gift of making this the best vetted league we can for his Solitaire days if that is the route he intends to go. I play a lot of Solitaire in the off season and it looks like that is the route I am heading toward, and I own my own teams. If I won the show this year I would offer Billy O'C $5K for the league, but I doubt he'd accept the offer."

So many great changes have been made in this draft already that will be measured beginning in August as we continue to build on high-level competition and Kaizen. There has been talk about starting the league in July because of the excitement in this draft. It was a very intense draft and teams that were not expected to win big, picked up some hefty additions. They have added competitive changes only because of the excellent Draft-Pool from Tudor's TTC bases.  This might be one of the reasons why we have not had back-to-back Super Bowl Champions, with the exception of the Rams in the past five years, because of the strong Draft system, which we have been diligent about.

Bobby Biggs said, "Part of our vetting process was mistakenly having faith in the highly touted ITZ bases.  We honorably with high hopes, put the ITZ bases through the test for the chance to play in the LIEFL. In this case, the result was not good: I was shocked because my brother Andre was bragging about them, so I thought they'd be the game changer. They had their plastic bottoms handed to them in this draft. The ITZ bases were impeached and annihilated by the Tudor TTC bases in the draft, not what we expected at all. We cheered for and wanted those ITZ bases, who are the talk of worldwide electric football. The LIEFL coaches who wanted them were totally embarrassed after bragging about ITZ as the savior in the draft.  Here is an honest opinion an athlete, surprisingly, they were no match for the tough vetted TTC bases, and now we know that in this case anyway, all the hoopla is poopla! 
NFC EAST
The Philadelphia Eagles picked up four first and second round draft picks. Eagles Coach Matt Zoo York said, "Where I really need to strengthen my team is at linebacker, and I don't want to mess around with the line too much because to replace four players is huge especially if you think your team is right on the brink of making the playoffs, so I have to keep the consistency in the line to block for Keith Byars.
D1.thumb.jpg.65a45894563739d8215b9f2e982c8c97.jpgAFC SOUTH:
Jacksonville Jaguars coach Bobby Biggs said, "My focus is at linebacker and possibly one lineman replacement for this team. We really are a good team. How can anyone go wrong with Freddy Taylor in the backfield? He just needs some monsters in front of him to plow the way, and this guy is going to unleash the beast on the field. Taylor finished ranking ninth in AFC kick returns with 1104 yards, but he was ranked 4th in the AFC in all-purpose yards with a whopping 63 touches for 1436 yards with nine touchdowns, two of them 100 yard returns for the workhorse. Tony Boselli did a nice job last year and Ronaldo Winn was an All-Pro the year before so I'm going to be very careful also as to who I select out of the first 100-player base pool in the draft. The player bases have been excellent in this batch."
The Tennessee Titans will add to the fire in the AFC South trying to compete with the resurging Indianapolis Colts, who beat Miami before making it to the AFC Championship Game, where the Colts lost to the LA Chargers. Tennessee picked up a much needed lineman, a speedy wide receiver player base, and a super tough linebacker player base to try to improve on their disappointing two win season in 2023, after having a competitive promising 2022, with LIEFL Rookie of the Year Running Back Derrick Henry leading the way. Henry was ranked 11th in AFC Rushing with 42 touches for 324 yards with five touchdowns, including a 61 yard long touchdown. We are anxious to see if these changes pave the way for Henry.
Indianapolis Colts coach Billy O'C and alternate coach Joe Bino are looking for a tackle, and possibly one lineman with the hopes that they see a Super Bowl in 2024. They are so close, but the Chargers will be a roadblock again this coming season. They remain the team to beat in the AFC. The Colts have to get the better of LA this time around. Indy is a highly competitive team but coaches around the legue are saying Bino doesn't have what it takes to get them there. Billy O'C of course, says that is nonsense.

One of the league's best All-Pro LA Chargers  linemen Earl Faison was given a run for his money by Houston Texans Coach Levi Vick as Faison was the crunch man to test player bases in the draft. Vick said, "I won big! I found bases that pounded the best dude in the league. I already replaced receiver Andre Johnson. Although he had a good player base it wasn't as fast as the first round pick that I got in this draft, and I think he's going to be a huge difference maker if the running game falters. What I desperately fulfilled was a guard, a linebacker and two tackles, and I am so psyched for this last LIEFL 2024 season. All Ron D a y n e needs is better blocking, and I predict that this team is going to be in the playoffs as a contender. We're going to compete with the Colts, Titans, and the Jaguars big time. Listen, I have goals. I brought the Cowboys back to respect, I brought the Patriots back to respect, and now it's time for the Texans to rope the division in and compete. Our special teams and D-Line is great. We just need a boost. That's what is going to matter at the end of the day, and I think I now have the personnel to do that. Being in this league I have truly learned the ins and outs of a draft and roughly how many player bases we need to have a great draft. I learned how to play under the stress of the clock and on set ups, and I've been a better coach planning way before the game, and executing the game plan. We have 200 new player bases to choose from in this year's draft, and Billy O'C just purchased 5 more TTC packs on March 1st which will serve as Round Three of the LIEFL Draft. Anyone on my teams who underachieved is gone from 2023. I made little notes after my games in 2023. I watch every single player on my teams. It really just amounts to managing 33 players because I coach three teams."

Completing a draft is so much work, but it is a great investment in a competitive league.

Returning 2023 Super Bowl XVIII Champ, and the loudest mouth in the league, Coach Johnny Freeport said, "I'm going to be like coach Viggs. I'm not telling anybody what I'm looking for in the Draft. And when I draft a player, I'm not telling anybody where he's going and who any player base is going on. That's for me to know. These fools in the LIEFL always feel the need to give their game away. I told them, bring on your ITZ bases, I quit on those. They are garbage. But I encourage the LIEFL to bring a line with ITZ bases. We will see who will out coach who in this league. Now they're talking about bringing in another coach in the final season. I wasn't impressed by Bobby Biggs. He got his butt handed to him after these guys in the Nassau League bragged about the league they're coming from. ITZ this ITZ that, they ain't the almighty.  LIEFL, bring it on and put some money on the table, like in the thousands. Of the $3,700 that I won in January, I think I spent $150 of it and I just put the rest away." Freeport continued, "I told Billy OC that League dues should be $500 bucks in the last season. It's not like anybody in this league can't afford it but I want a huge payout. It's a $500 chance to earn big dollars at the end of the year. I will never play this game against anybody ever again unless it's for a lot of money. I know how vetted my teams are, and so far, I haven't been wrong on how competitive they are. These fools in the Nassau League, when I went over there to play their champ, they pulled a sneaky fast one by making me play in an entire tournament to get to that championship round and it backfired on them. Fools! Bring it on! I embarrassed all of them! Most of those teams they played with were on were tweaked ITZ bases and some TTC. The only team that kept a game close was the Wreckers who scored 23 points on me, and that team used all TTC bases on the line, and so did the Gladiators. All four of my teams will be ready for war in August! I am coming for these LIEFL fools. I have already been working my teams and will again in June. I want that payout." My friend has a great house a block from Venice Beach, California. He offered it to the league for a December Super Bowl. We are discussing this with the sponsor to play our final Bowl where Billy O'C did the documentary "Voices in the Sand" as we wind the LIEFL down."

AFC NORTH
The Cincinnati Bengals for Coach Johnny Freeport, picked up two huge first round draft picks. Let's see if there's any improvement and if those two player bases get his Bengals over the hump. They replaced a player base at linebacker and at tackle.

stad1.thumb.jpg.9f512fc22653e1d7bf30041dbc99e8b1.jpgWith a new Stadium look for LIEFL Field #1, Johnny Freeport's Ravens made a great pickup at lineman and Johnny Freeport was careful to not mess with the winning formula that Baltimore had in 2023, making it to the AFC Divisional Championship Game against the AFC Champion LA Chargers, after Baltimore pulled off a major upset over the Denver Broncos. The Ravens will have a tough time this year with the Bengals and Steelers upgrading.

The Steelers picked up a hardcore powerful linebacker base to replace Jack Lambert's, a tackle to replace LC Greenwood, and a much needed promising new player base to replace guard Dermontti Dawson's which could take them to the playoffs in 2024. They had a heartbreaker and just missed making the postseason in 2023, but there were no questions as to Lynn Swann performance. Swann was a complete beast in the league having a monster year in 2023. Pittsburgh will be a contender if that Frontline can give Jerome Bettis some blocking, and if the Steelers can get their running game back, it will spell trouble for the AFC North. 

Coach Kevin Mack Cleveland Browns passed on their first round draft picks for the moment. They will wait for the third round choices which have been ordered. Even though they lost six games in 2023, those games were extremely close and none of the draft picks could compete with any of the Browns players from this pool, so they passed on Round 1 and Round 2.
AFC EAST
Miami Dolphins Coach Billy O'C is still looking to improve his Dolphins for Coach Joe Bino in 2024. O'C earned two tackles in the draft and he replaced both Manny Fernandez and AJ D u h e's player bases with the two tough pick-ups. In addition, Miami strengthened Bob Kuechenberg's player base at guard by taking a second round choice. Out with the old and in with the new. The Dolphins should be interesting after making the playoffs for five straight seasons as a powerhouse again in the AFC, but Billy O'C is disappointed in their performance and it illustrates how hard it is to make it to a Super Bowl in the LIEFL. The stars have to be aligned with the coaching skills and talent on the field. Coach Matt Zoo York said, "Billy O'C takes too many huge risks with the Tudor passing and he hits 25% of the time from 40 yards and beyond, but he is very effective in the 30 and below range for completed passes at roughly 75%. Both Duhe and Fernandez player bases will go into the draft pool for other teams to pick up." Alternate coach Joe Bino is an excellent passer, but his plays are not designed so much to take risks, but rather he is precise about his decisions and he is a killer under 30 yards with pinpoint accuracy, but the best passer in the league is Viggs. He is a beast with his skills and that is why he can play at a consistent high level, because he is so cool under pressure for the most part.

Coach Joey Pizz and his Big Apple New York Jets made out big! The Jets replaced the two tackle player bases of Marvin Powell and Marty Lyons along with and lineman Winston Hill. New York might look like a completely different team with those linemen in front of Le'Veon Bell who had a terrific 8 touchdown season in 2023, and they should compete well against the Patriots, Dolphins, and Bills. All of these teams had to pick up somebody in that draft to stay competitive. The Jets could battle hard for the division title.

d2.thumb.jpg.a8cf4b94a9f228c6073f24f9d131a4e7.jpgThe New England Patriots and Levi Vick picked up a top linebacker base in the draft to replace Ted Bruschi's. Vick said, "Bruschi has been tough. He was a huge part of the 2022 Patriots team that clinched the AFC East so I'm a little superstitious with the changing of player bases because the old pool, after three draft rounds gets pitted in with the new duds, but my gut is telling me that because of the explosiveness of this new player base, I could not pass this base up. Too many changes to a team sometimes effects their cohesiveness. I'm looking for big things from this draft this year because Bruschi may be a key to Laurence Maroney having a big comeback year."

Even the Buffalo Bills made a few changes on the line by changing a base at tackle nd on the line. The big move strategically is, the Bills and coach Billy O'C replaced Dee Hardison's player base. Hardison
had an average year last year, and in the big games when they needed him, he underperformed. After faltering in the AFC Wild Card Game against Miami in 2023, Buffalo re-tested OJ Simpson because he did not play well in the playoffs, but he seems to be fine after undergoing several tests. Buffalo is still looking for a backup running back for the 2024 season, and that may come just before the season begins in August.

bear1.thumb.jpg.3a2d4e7426b5afaf2e89048957d95e5f.jpgThe new Round Three Draft bases have arrived. So far, it looks like the Houston Texans and the New York Jets made out like bandits, but the vetting continues for every coach in the league to put the most competitive 11-men on the field for each of 32-teams!
Up to this point Coach Ed Viggs has been silent and the only coach who has not picked a single base from the Draft, but it's his turn up shortly to make decisions in Round Three. Viggs is out to finish big, but he was embarrassed by believing the I T Z bases would answer all of his problems with teams he feels are a player or two away from winning  Super Bowl. He has now abandoned that idea.
NFC NORTH
The #7 Chicago Bears played big in 2023, upsetting the #2 LA Rams in the LIEFL Tournament of Champions NFC Wild Card Game. Coach Paddy Brannigan's Bears are hunting for a top linebacker and power tackle in the Draft as they await Round Three of the Draft so they can battle to change their fate in 2024. This might be the Best Bears team in 50 years! Willie Gault was one of the best players in the league in 2023, and Walter Payton had some tremendous games using his explosiveness. 
And in the third round of the LIEFL Draft, Chicago picked up tough new bases to replace a war torn Mike Singletary, Brian Urlacher, and Steve McMichael's bases. Watch out for the Bears in 2024. They should come rumbling in.  As for the competition in the NFC NorthCoach Ed Viggs Green Bay Packers picked up two bases at linebacker and tackle, and the Pack should again compete for a title. Finally, Viggs is active and on the hunt for some changes in his last season. Viggs said will not be playing in his pal Levi Vick's new proposed Trailblazer Top Gun League. The Wall Street Guru will be traveling in 2025.
NFC SOUTH
Coach Paddy Brannigan said, "The Saints replaced five player bases last season and they still lost six games. That team is cursed! That whole NFC South Division is a strange division, but out of it came two NFC finalists and one of them in the Falcons, won it all. They are the real deal, but so were the Chiefs in 2023, and they didn't even qualify to make the playoffs. That NFC South might turn out to be one of the most competitive divisions again in 2024. We say that about every division every year, but they all just keep getting better and better and more competitive through the LIEFL Draft. To me that is exactly what makes a league phenomenal, that every team can compete on any given day no matter who they play in this league. I would love to see a Bears-Dolphins rematch this year."

It will be another challenging season for the New Orleans Saints, especially in this NFC South Division with the fierce competitors they have. As Coach Paddy Brannigan said, Coach Bobby Biggs was gifted the top five player bases to begin the 2023 season in his rookie season coaching the New Orleans Saints, but he came into the league with high regard, and he failed in his first season coaching in the LIEFL, miserably. He talked a big game like Johnny Freeport. It's time to deliver for Biggs this season. Now that Biggs has a season under his belt he should know exactly what to look for in the draft. Biggs made a big move in the backfield, picking up a power base for Darren Sproles who will block for Reggie Bush out of the backfield. That move will set the tone for the dangerous Reggie Bush. Bush ranked 11th in NFC Rushing with 40 touches for 360 yards, with six touchdowns. Imagine if Bush had blocking? He was 8th in NFC all-purpose yards with 58 touches for 1272 yards and 8 total touchdowns, including two 100-yard TD returns. The Saints have great obstacles with a (2-12) record in the past two seasons, but Bobby Biggs is determined to bring some respect back to the Baou. Great move for Biggs and the Saints in the Third Round! 

Coach Johnny Freeport and his defending Super Bowl XVIII Champion Atlanta Falcons are watching this Draft carefully after breaking out in the 2023 season with their first LIEFL Super Bowl win in OT over the LA Chargers. Freeport wants this team to build on what they accomplished in 2023 by searching for a tackle and guard. He thinks that the Falcons can be even better in 2024! Who could argue that with Riggs on the field? And in the Fourth Round of this strong draft, Johnny Freeport got his wish and he found a tackle! 

Up next is the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Tampa Bay and coach Joey Pizz picked a powerful base at Linebacker in the Third Round. "John Lynch is a leader on defense and three time LIEFL Pro Bowl starter. He needs an intense warrior to partner in crime with, to light up the defense and compete with two tough playoff contenders, Atlanta's Gerald Riggs, and Carolina's DeShaun Foster who has Kawaan Short, a three time LIEFL Pro Bowler in this league to contend with.  So I have the defending Super Bowl Champions and the NFC Championship Game Finalists to deal challenge. Tell me that isn't a tough division. I've been looking for, and found exactly what I need for this team. We are one or two players way from making the playoffs and I want to be careful to not mess with the cohesiveness that my team has. The team to beat in the league is the Falcons at the moment, and they are in our division. We originally thought that a lineman should be changed, but on second thought, we hunted for a hardy linebacker and I think we've found him to replace Hardy Nickerson's base. We tested against Brad Culpepper on the line and he is one tough hambre. He will stay with the team because he beat every challenge by a big margin," said Pizz.

This is the up-to-the-minute Draft information detailing the biggest winners in the draft thus far with more to come!

Edited by Long island EFL
INFO ADDED
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, nefgm.org said:

WOW!! A lot to Digest. Will have to fully read later. I like the process though. 

Kaizen all the way baby! Just my opinion, that player bases are about preference, but it's also all about the time we put into extreme vetting to find the best of best bases for that Draft Pool! This was a strong draft, but in reality, talk is cheap. I can't wait to see who rises to the occasion.  While new drafted bases are improving teams mightily, the other teams are also improving in the Kaizen process. Let's see how they do in August.

Edited by Long island EFL
INFO ADDED
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Long island EFL said:

Coach Joey Pizz was talkative...All the extra stops we have seen makes the game so unrealistic, but to each his own. Having played organized football as a fullback and outside linebacker, that stopping-style is not lifelike football when every single play there are three, sometimes four, or even more stops turning players around to chase the ball carrier, or pivoting, or even running. This is what coaches are calling Advanced Play? I beg to differ. We let the play unfold itself naturally without any aid or interference. It is one of the reasons I will never play in any of these tournaments, along with the $ factor to pay the winner of the tournament. We would never play by those multi-stop rules."

I think Coach Pizz says it best. 😃👍

Stopping and pivoting doesn't make EF 'advanced' or more 'realistic'. Stops and pivots give coaches time to think. It's like a timeout on every play. That's not very realistic. For the audience stops and pivots make it difficult to stay awake. 😴💤

29 minutes ago, Long island EFL said:

time we put into extreme vetting to find the best of best bases for that Draft Pool! This was a strong draft, but in reality, talk is cheap. I can't wait to see who rises to the occasion.  While new drafted bases are improving teams mightily, the other teams are also improving in the Kaizen process

However I do take issue with the Long Island EFL's use of the word vetted. Their draft is hardly vetted.

Where are the statistics that show how a base has performed from Pee-Wee, to High School, to College, and finally the Combine? There's no evidence that would support a Kaizen process.

That's why my bases play at least three games (real games!) where their true metal will show. I started my draft with 184 bases and by the end of my extreme vetting process I will have 46 bases with statistics from at least 3-games for each player. That's vetting. That's Kaizen.

That said, if I lived closer I would join the Long Island League 'cause I enjoy your camaraderie and smack talk. I believe the LIEF League is playing the most enjoyable EF in the United States. 😃👍 

Enjoy the Journey    T43   🏈♾️

• Like 2

Always respect your views, but we'll have to agree to disagree on vetting and Kaizen 100% as the player base vetting process continues to improve and the proof of that is in the measurement of the numbers and the competition as it gets better and better. Everybody has their own way of vetting their player bases. We don't claim to have the best way we just know that the more you test your bases against quality player basis, and succeed further, a league in its entity is destined to improve. That's the case here so we do in fact work on process improvement and player base improvement constantly. That's the beauty of continuous process improvement and player base improvement.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Terry43 said:

Stopping and pivoting doesn't make EF 'advanced' or more 'realistic'. Stops and pivots give coaches time to think. It's like a timeout on every play. That's not very realistic. For the audience stops and pivots make it difficult to stay awake. 😴💤

However I do take issue with the Long Island EFL's use of the word vetted. Their draft is hardly vetted.

Where are the statistics that show how a base has performed from Pee-Wee, to High School, to College, and finally the Combine? There's no evidence that would support a Kaizen process.

That's why my bases play at least three games (real games!) where their true metal will show. I started my draft with 184 bases and by the end of my extreme vetting process I will have 46 bases with statistics from at least 3-games for each player. That's vetting. That's Kaizen.

That said, if I lived closer I would join the Long Island League 'cause I enjoy your camaraderie and smack talk. I believe the LIEF League is playing the most enjoyable EF in the United States. 😃👍 

We would be happy to lo an a team or two and you can enter them in your league!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Terry43 said:

If you put earmuffs on then you don't have to listen to Johnny Freeport talk smack because that's all he does LOL although he's a very imposing figure. No doubt these guys can play and love your input. Sounds like your draft is awesome also. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Terry43 said:

That is so true what you say about the audience and again nobody claims to have the best leak here but we do claim to be highly competitive just like you and we love your ideas and play talk as we all learn from this. Respect always t43

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Terry43 said:

Maybe the stops and pivots are good for solitaire which looks is amazing and it looks like that is the direction we are all going in after this last season.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Terry43 said:

LOL as you know Terry New York is the home of smack talk! And as always one opinion does not define all. We love the camaraderie with you as well! The thing is we mean it. We would love the hunger games tournament just as you probably would enjoy the tournament of champions here. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, nefgm.org said:

Definitely need to get that way, someday. Would love to watch some of your games. and visit with the coaches of the LIEFL. Busy right now for a while but maybe later on in the summer and fall. 

Or maybe they can get your way if there's a money tournament on the line.

• Like 2

On 3/8/2024 at 9:47 AM, Long island EFL said:

Although we are keeping our promise not to waste time writing regular season updates on weekly games due to lack of readership

I was also thinking about this i eventually decided the biggest game of each week gets a simple recap with pictures and/or videos, and weekly stat updates. maybe you can do 1 game every now and then during the season if you still feel like doing those game summaries.

Jaye💯🏈🍊

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jayethekxng said:

I was also thinking about this i eventually decided the biggest game of each week gets a simple recap with pictures and/or videos, and weekly stat updates. maybe you can do 1 game every now and then during the season if you still feel like doing those game summaries.

Jaye💯🏈🍊

Thank you so much Jay! Maybe we can do a Game of the Week. We appreciate you!

• Like 2