Au revoir Friends and Followers! Happy New Year! from the Long Island EFL!

Long island EFL

H A P P Y  N E W  Y E A R!    We are a bit behind with the writing because of all of the New Year festivities, but the last full-writeups from the Long Island Electric Football League are coming!

On the way are the 2023 final LIEFL write-ups which will include the NFC Divisional Game, and the AFC and NFC Championship Game along with tonight's LIEFL Super Bowl XVIII!  We will surprise you with the outcome. Tonight's Super Bowl will be played at Johnny-Freeport's home in the Nautical Mile at 6pm!  There will be no pre-game write ups, just play-by play analysis.

Since we're only averaging 19 readers, with very little interaction in the Forum, our write ups will be short, but we hope you enjoy the rest. It has been more of a labor of love writing the articles. Thanks to our few readers, Terry, Daryl, Chris, and a few other loyal readers we've taken great pride in keeping you informed because we love reading about your electric football passion too! As our 2023 LIEFL season winds down, we wish you and your families a great 2024! We hope the New Year brings you great joy, peace and prosperity.

The LIEFL will close its doors next June, 2025 in our last season ever.  At that point Commissioner Billy O'C will decide what if anything we will write as participants of the Tudor Forum! Below is our anthem LIEFL video from 2017. Enjoy!

• Like 3

Congrats to the Buffalo Bills and especially #32 on a mind-bending 2100 kick return yards and 7 touchdowns. I'm assuming that was last year's Super Bowl because neither the Bills nor the Lions are in this year's Playoffs.

49 to 35 is a good score. Thank you for setting a good example. I'm so tired of NFL games that end in single digits. 

Thanks for the video although I'm not sure why you wedged it in the middle of the Gale Sayer's tribute. 🤔

8 hours ago, Long island EFL said:

... (W)e love reading about your electric football passion too!

However, this seems a bit disingenuous.  I read your write-ups and I clicked 'Like', but I just played a whole season, posted my videos, and LIEFL never clicked 'Like' on any of my posts. Never interacted. Is it silent admiration or disdain?

9 hours ago, Long island EFL said:

Since we're only averaging 19 readers, with very little interaction in the Forum,

Perhaps this is the end of an era that started in 1972 and LIEFL's exit is simply one of the last nails in the electric football coffin. Perhaps, it doesn't mean anything at all.  I don't know. 

I did notice that none of the LIEFL players are riding on ITZ bases and all of the plastic figures appear to be Haiti Repos. Once again, I'm not sure if that is meaningful, but it does appear that LIEFL was cutoff from mainstream electric football long before the decision to shut down LIEFL.

I apologize for the dips into negative thinking. That's hardly the way to start a new year. I wish the best for all the members of the Long Island Electric Football League wherever their electric football touchdown runs may take them.

Enjoy the Journey.   T43.   🏈♾️

• Like 3

We don't take anything anyone writes as negative because the Forums are open dialogue. We enjoyed sharing.  Heard of the ITZ bases, and please tell us more about how you think they may/may not outperform the combo of bases we are using. We read about them on here, but yet to purchase any. We think the system we have been using via the Drafts, best player bases with fierce proven track record seems to get results. But we are always open to trying ITZ.  Maybe we will purchase.

The video we did was in 2017, then when Gale Sayers died, Billy O'C did a tribute. We put the video out there for fun!  Thanks so much for the feedback!  Levi

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think with your posts we need to read! I am sure I personally read some, but they looked more like responses to others than about your league, but love to check it out. Nothing we do is disingenuous, but of course we apologize if that's what you think. I have read insightful responses that you write since I have been on here in the Forum. Most recently I read about a video you commented on that involved the Franchise players and a lengthy drawn out video, so I do read what I have time for. Peace!  Levi

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Commissioner of the LIEFL, BIlly O'C, has become a really good friend or mine and is very supportive of the NEFGM so much so that I asked him to join the Board of Directors of the Museum. He was kind enough to donate one of the teams from the LIEFL (Tennessee Titans) to the museum. One of the things that I love the most about the write ups of this league are the game action photos with the graphic enhancements and the videos that they have made. It is to him, and I am sure other members of the LIEFL, that I owe for taking the VHS tapes donated by the Deep South MFL and converting them to digital media so that I could download them to the NEFGM YouTube Channel. If you have ever checked into having this done, you know how expensive that is. Billy also created this cover photo for the National and International Brotherhood of Electric Football Facebook Group. 

image.thumb.png.cb13f0588f33648b5d3ac6eccf24e62c.png

Personally, I wish more of the competitive leagues would but the time and effort into recording the history of their leagues that the LIEFL does. This is the stuff that makes up the history of the ELECTRIC FOOTBALL Community that is so vital to the history of the game and hobby and without which the museum would just be a bunch of old game boards hanging on the walls.    

Edited by nefgm.org
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Long island EFL said:

Heard of the ITZ bases, and please tell us more about how you think they may/may not outperform the combo of bases we are using.

I enjoy the hobby and I wanted to encourage innovation so I spent a lot of money on ITZ bases. I started with 12 teams that ride on ITZ bases and now I'm down to four teams that ride on the firmer plastic (100 and 55) which is the CL-2 product.

Ultimately I am disappointed in the Blitz bases.. My experience is that the softer the plastic (formula 37 and 24) the less effective the base. ITZ's latest product, Starter Bases are very soft and allegedly easy to tweak. I ended up throwing all of my Starter Bases away. So I'm conflicted about the goals of ITZ.

Yet, when I look at TOC games on video I see lots and lots of ITZ bases. Also, I've seen Coach Shawn's video and I know he likes ITZ bases and Coach Collins has been impressed with his Starter bases.

So, based on the videos the LIEFL posted I would guess ITZ Blitz bases are not going to out perform your Tudor double clips or Tudor TTCs. The CL-2 bases might be very competitive. 

Unfortunately, if LIEFL is closing up shop, I may never know the answer to your question.

Happy New Year and Enjoy the Journey    T43.   🏈♾️

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Terry43 said:

Congrats to the Buffalo Bills and especially #32 on a mind-bending 2100 kick return yards and 7 touchdowns. I'm assuming that was last year's Super Bowl because neither the Bills nor the Lions are in this year's Playoffs.

49 to 35 is a good score. Thank you for setting a good example. I'm so tired of NFL games that end in single digits. 

Thanks for the video although I'm not sure why you wedged it in the middle of the Gale Sayer's tribute. 🤔

However, this seems a bit disingenuous.  I read your write-ups and I clicked 'Like', but I just played a whole season, posted my videos, and LIEFL never clicked 'Like' on any of my posts. Never interacted. Is it silent admiration or disdain?

Perhaps this is the end of an era that started in 1972 and LIEFL's exit is simply one of the last nails in the electric football coffin. Perhaps, it doesn't mean anything at all.  I don't know. 

I did notice that none of the LIEFL players are riding on ITZ bases and all of the plastic figures appear to be Haiti Repos. Once again, I'm not sure if that is meaningful, but it does appear that LIEFL was cutoff from mainstream electric football long before the decision to shut down LIEFL.

I apologize for the dips into negative thinking. That's hardly the way to start a new year. I wish the best for all the members of the Long Island Electric Football League wherever their electric football touchdown runs may take them.

Enjoy the Journey.   T43.   🏈♾️

The reason why the LIEFL is shutting down is because Billy O'C is retiring and headed to his home in Florida next June. It has been a great league and vetted hard! O'C has to figure out what's next. We would love it if he let us keep the league running by keeping the teams, but he has other plans. As for the ITZ bases, I am pretty sure they sound like they could add to the LIEFL intense competition. 

Thank you for the education on ITZ. How much are the player bases? It would be a hard sell to match some of the players in our league. If they are superior baes, we have to try them, but so far the level of competition here has been terrific. Levi

• Like 1

13 hours ago, nefgm.org said:

The Commissioner of the LIEFL, BIlly O'C, has become a really good friend or mine and is very supportive of the NEFGM so much so that I asked him to join the Board of Directors of the Museum. He was kind enough to donate one of the teams from the LIEFL (Tennessee Titans) to the museum. One of the things that I love the most about the write ups of this league are the game action photos with the graphic enhancements and the videos that they have made. It is to him, and I am sure other members of the LIEFL, that I owe for taking the VHS tapes donated by the Deep South MFL and converting them to digital media so that I could download them to the NEFGM YouTube Channel. If you have ever checked into having this done, you know how expensive that is. Billy also created this cover photo for the National and International Brotherhood of Electric Football Facebook Group. 

image.thumb.png.cb13f0588f33648b5d3ac6eccf24e62c.png

Personally, I wish more of the competitive leagues would but the time and effort into recording the history of their leagues that the LIEFL does. This is the stuff that makes up the history of the ELECTRIC FOOTBALL Community that is so vital to the history of the game and hobby and without which the museum would just be a bunch of old game boards hanging on the walls.    

Thank you so much for your kind words Chris! It's my job to man the Forum for the league at the moment, and I am trying to contribute as much as I can on behalf of the LIEFLIn O'C's absence, our league feels that the NEFGM is wonderful! It serves as a reminder of how great this game is and your innovation for the museum is something that Tudor should have thought of. Your contributions to the game of electric football have been admirable. Our work is just beginning! Levi

• Like 2