Moonsharks strike back.

SSEFL Aliens vs Moonsharks. 
After the quick Alien score the Moonsharks struggled but broke a long run down to the Alien 13 yard line.  They then tried another run and lost 8 yards.
The next play, Dropping into shotgun, the Moonsharks QB decides the primary receiver is covered and instead throws to a secondary receiver.  It measures as a white stick but there is pressure and since he is passing to a secondary receiver it gets bumped up to a blue stick with pressure.   
Had I aimed the Alien safety better he would have got the interception.

• Like 3

On 9/3/2023 at 10:13 AM, Coach Shawn said:

It measures as a white stick but there is pressure and since he is passing to a secondary receiver it gets bumped up to a blue stick with pressure.  

Thank you for the detail. 😃  I wondered how your calculus works.

I'm assuming the video is in slow motion. With my old eyeballs I really love slow motion. 😃👁️  I would enjoy watching a whole pass play. 😃

I thought I had some minimalist painted uniforms, but I tip my hat to the Aliens. 👽  Is that Dayglow green acrylic?

I hope to see more clips from this game.

Enjoy the Journey.    T43.   🏈♾️

1 hour ago, Terry43 said:

I thought I had some minimalist painted uniforms, but I tip my hat to the Aliens. 👽  Is that Dayglow green acrylic?

Yes.  Years ago My son, at a young age, created and painted the Aliens as a gift for me.  
I have thought about upping their appearance but then I always decide to keep the gift as is.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Coach Shawn said:

on a long run.

79 yards in 13 seconds. That's about a 6 second 40. I'm impressed how fast that invisibase is moving. The curve is just beautiful.

I like the diagrams on the wall. You've spent some time thinking about your players. 🤔

Enjoying the videos.    T43.  🏈♾️ 

• Like 1

On 9/8/2023 at 11:50 AM, Terry43 said:

I like the diagrams on the wall. You've spent some time thinking about your players. 🤔

My receivers, RBs, Safeties, LB’s and Cornerbacks have their run paths “coded” according to the diagram.  I use the White Stick w/Pressure distance as my base.

I find the vast majority will be coded either LFL or RFR for White Stick w/ pressure distance.

My competition team has all of those codes but they are coded for each direction of approach and each stick distance as well.  So they have a code for approaching the ball marker from the 12, 3, 6, and 9 o’clock positions.  Yes the players paths often change depending upon the direction they are going.

E087DFBB-8A62-44C0-9A71-5B8755D747EF.thumb.jpeg.caaf1f32420eb455417059107a95c610.jpeg

Edited by Coach Shawn
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Coach Shawn said:

So they have a code for approaching the ball marker from the 12, 3, 6, and 9 o’clock positions.

Oh. My. Goodness. I believed I thought about this game a lot. I tip my hat 🎩 and bow off stage respectfully. You really do know the tendency of each player. Wow! 

2 hours ago, Coach Shawn said:

my memory is terrible

I don't buy that for a moment. The QB play calling wrist band is simply a tool. We all use tools. Can you imagine what engineering would be like without the ASTM standards? Or car repair without Chiltons? Or computer programming without the Dummies books? Or an NFL coach without a Playbook?

This is your way of enjoying the game, and also winning the game. Enjoy the Journey.   T43.  🏈♾️

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Coach Shawn said:

I wear a QB play calling wrist band,

Coach Shawn, I showed your pictures of your play-calling wrist band to my wife. She responded, "Christmas is coming. I know what I'm getting you for Christmas." 😃👍

3 hours ago, Coach Shawn said:

approaching the ball marker from the 12, 3, 6, and 9 o’clock positions.

If I'm reading this correctly, in the last picture, player #82 turns to the left. If he is approaching the ball marker from twelve o'clock then he needs to be pivoted about 5 degrees. If approaching from 1:30 then he doesn't need to be pivoted at all. Approaching from 3 o'clock he needs about a 5 degree pivot.

I noticed the stars. Is #82 sort of like a Rob Gronkowski, or Travis Kelce?  On the other hand, I'm not sure what to think of #10 and #33.

This is very interesting to me. Thank you. 😃👍

Enjoying the Passing sticks / Pressure sticks Journey.   T43.   🏈♾️ 

11 minutes ago, Terry43 said:

If I'm reading this correctly, in the last picture, player #82 turns to the left. If he is approaching the ball marker from twelve o'clock then he needs to be pivoted about 5 degrees. If approaching from 1:30 then he doesn't need to be pivoted at all. Approaching from 3 o'clock he needs about a 5 degree pivot.

Yes you are correct.  Although not sure what degrees the angles come out to . 

11 minutes ago, Terry43 said:

I noticed the stars. Is #82 sort of like a Rob Gronkowski, or Travis Kelce?  On the other hand, I'm not sure what to think of #10 and #33.

#82 Dante Hall is my fastest and best receiver.  Gronkowski is #87 and he is a star as well.  He is strong and fast. I trust him with blocking and receiving.

#33 and #10 Were performing unreliably at the time I made the card so I put a pause on coding them.  Haven’t got back to them yet.

The receivers and RB’s are listed in order of speed (even though I do have a spd column on the sheet).

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Coach Shawn said:

(even though I do have a spd column on the sheet)

If the players are listed in order of speed, then you shouldn't need a column, unless you are looking for specific criteria to cut a player.

I see a column SPD. Does that stand for Speed? I'm guessing STR stands for strength. Have you created a metric for that?

I'm certainly enjoying your EF journey.   T43.   🏈♾️

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Terry43 said:

I see a column SPD. Does that stand for Speed? I'm guessing STR stands for strength. Have you created a metric for that?

Yes.  I  slowly deduce these things.  I realized I should just list them in order rather than use the column.

for strength I just test them within their own team to see where they rank on that team.  Strongest player is listed as 1, and so on.

I have slways intended to set up a standard test that applies a universal rate for strength.   That way I could see the rate for the Lions Center and compare it to the Steelers Nose Guard snd see who is stronger.  My current method only tells me that the Lion’s Center is the strongest player on his team but doesn’t tell me how his strength compares to the Steelers Nose guard .

• Like 1

On 9/10/2023 at 9:30 PM, Coach Shawn said:

or strength I just test them within their own team to see where they rank on that team.

This is all that I do. A couple years ago I thought about creating a Pro Bowl and the strongest linemen, fullbacks, etc. would play in the Pro Bowl. I discovered that the strength difference from team to team is minuscule. I didn't do a Pro Bowl for that reason.

I think you're on the right track with figuring ways to neutralize strength like you demonstrated letting the center run free and blitzing through the resulting hole in the offensive line. That's clever, 😃👍 and doesn't require strength.

Enjoy the Journey.   T43.   🏈♾️

• Like 1