The Hog Leg Era, a Pictorial Guide

WPACK98

I had previously posted my collection on the old Tudor and MFCA web sites to help out new and veteran collectors alike. But, those forums have disappeared. Therefore, I have decided to re-post my Hog-Leg collection onto the Tudor Games web site.

The Hog Leg era spanned between 1968 through 1970. During the Hog Leg era, Tudor Metal Corp. produced light and dark jerseys for the NFL teams and dark jersey’s for the AFL from the beginning. Light jerseys (for the AFL teams) weren’t introduced until 1970. One of the main characteristics of a Hog Leg team is that the 2 WR's and 2 QB/TE's have the writing 'Hong Kong' stamped on the bottom of their solid platforms. Another characteristic is that all of the figures have a circular impression on their derrier's, a characteristic of the mold. There are instances where the QB/TE has the circular impression but not the 'Hong Kong' stamp. There may also be Hog Leg figures mixed in with Bigmen figures when Tudor transitioned from Bigmen to Hog Legs in 1968. In addition, there may be Hog Leg figures mixed in with Chicken Leg figures when Tudor transitioned from Hog Legs to Chicken Legs in 1970-71. I have yet to see complete Hog Leg versions of the Dark Miami Dolphins, Boston Patriots, or Buffalo Bills. These versions are transition from Hog Legs to Chicken Legs. I have also yet to see Hog Leg QB/TE figures in the Dark Broncos.

I am presenting each team alphabetically with regards to their home city. Each team is presented with all of their known dark jersey versions then their white jersey versions.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions. Either I or someone browsing this forum will be more than happy to answer.  Enjoy!!

Atlanta Falcons

spacer.png

spacer.png

Baltimore Colts

spacer.png

spacer.png

Boston Patriots

spacer.png

spacer.png

Buffalo Bills

spacer.png

spacer.png