1926 Philadelphia Quakers and New York Giants

Just finished the 1926 New York Giants and Philadelphia Quakers. The Quakers were from the short lived 1926 American Football League. They won the championship with an 8-2 record, beating out Red Grange and the New York Yankees football team who were the sole reason the league existed in the first place, even though the Yankees played five more games than the Quakers. Being the league champions meant they should be remembered fondly, but the talent of the team, and the league itself, was called into question when they were decimated by the New York Giants in a 31-0 loss in a post-season exhibition match. The AFL had already folded, and this brutal loss against the Giants signaled the end of the Quakers as well. It was clear they wouldn't hold up as an NFL team. They never played again.

Overall had fun painting these figures. I think the Giants are my best team yet, they just look really cool. I really like the colors of the Quakers. Not sure why the yellow stick on numbers get darker after I applied them, maybe it has something to do with my enamel paint... Also, since there is no historic Quakers roster online with the players numbers, I resorted to using the official NFL numbering system.

57125685_image0(1).jpeg.5e84cb4ff0f54c797f79d7cd1cbf972b.jpegimage0.thumb.jpeg.ef6bcdf8ed82d45c8a38039f2562eb8b.jpegimage1.thumb.jpeg.8f4416988d419153074e5541b6c512f0.jpegimage2.thumb.jpeg.9e3fc2f4ad91a05cb2e508c21ebecd5c.jpegimage3.thumb.jpeg.42ec8f0d0c42e9cb21688e50c6adf650.jpeg

• Like 2