Let's talk about balls!

MK1603

Hi 🙂

Not getting much joy with the felt balls.  Mine seem to be coming apart easily making it a tough time to use TTQB to pass

Have thought about strengthening and adding a bit of weight to the felt balls somehow. Tried some tape but not sticking to the material as hoped

Would anyone be able to recommend something to make the balls stronger? Or maybe an alternative material to use as a ball? Preferably something you can find in the home and that is compatible with the TTQB?

Thanks 😀

Mike

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, MK1603 said:

Thanks may try that. I'll see if they sell it in a shop near me. I have passing sticks on the way so soon a ball won't be needed, just nice to have the option

So do you literally just spray this starch onto the ball, nothing else too it?

Yes. That's all there is to it. 

• Thanks 1

Unfortunately the spray starch wasn't very effective. Sprayed ball with a generous amount of the starch, left it for a couple of hours. Noticed a slight difference but after handling it a few times, started to fall apart a little bit like it was before starch was applied

I have some 3rd and long precision balls on order hopefully they're more durable. But if not I still have passing sticks on the way so ball will only really be used for the fumble procedure

Thanks for the tip on the starch though never knew it existed so could still be useful for other things 🙂

• Like 1

The 3rd and long balls are a winner! Tudor should really include these with sets instead of the white balls. Although I have passing sticks I sometimes use the TTQB just for fun and these balls really do a better job and do not fall apart

Oh well, the girlfriend and I now have some spray starch to use on our clothes if we ever need it 👍😂

Thanks

• Like 2