"Training camp" is starting soon!

In my off season, I've had the draft, in which new players from imaginary colleges have been selected, older players have retired, and newer players have moved up.  Currently finishing sticking on the new numbers, and getting the rosters fleshed out.  Soon after this is done, "training camp" opens, in which teams practice, offense against defense, new bases are assigned - in some cases changed, paint is repaired or touched up.  I bought a couple of bags of new bases and tested them, to determine the direction and severity of the motion curve, and marked then accordingly.  To be fair, I'm arbitrarily assigning 4 new bases to last place teams, 3 to 3rd place, and 2 to the conference champions, to start out with.  We'll see how that goes before assigning more.

I've already held a mini-camp for O-lines of each team, to test the possibilities of my new rule which allows one O-lineman to angle his block (on a running play) at less than 90 degrees to the line of scrimmage (the O-line may pull any number of players at angles of greater than 90 degrees).  The results were mixed, and I'm going to allow the first "set" (4 games) to play out and make a final decision then.  Most promising was angling the LT on the weak side in on the DE on that side.  It creates some interesting possibilities and combinations.

My season will open sometime in May, with each team playing 10 games in the season - up from 9 games in all 28 previous seasons.  The schedule is broken down into 3 sets of 4 games (first set), 3 games (second set), and 3 games (third set).  The first set has the odd game out, which is an inter conference game as the first game of the season. The inter conference match ups are:

Panthers at Titans (conference champions)
Warriors at Gladiators
Hawks at Thunderbolts (league champions)
Lancers at Wildcats

Each team has 29 players, not counting QBs and Kickers

• Like 2