Been a while since I've had a blowout...

Curt

Good morning, Ladies and Gentle Dudes,

It's hot down here in Dallas Texas but that excitement that comes with the cooling temperatures of Fall and Winter are in the air. I associate those temps with my EF seasons as that time of year usually announces my playoffs. Covid caused some big delays, but I am back on schedule almost. I'm in the final round of regular season games for season 20 and still have plenty more games before the playoffs start but at this pace, Superbowl 20 should arrive Christmas week as planned. 

Tennessee, Minnesota and Philadelphia have already clinched their divisions and thus earned playoff spots. While some people may not like blow-outs, they can be exciting. In this last game, Jacksonville crushed Carolina 34-0 but it was a fun game to watch. As Carolina would pick up a little bit of momentum, Jacksonville was able to thwart it by stopping the drive and also had recovered 4 turnovers. I'm just really jazzed to see how the road to Christmas will turn out.

What about y'all? Do you have any blowout stories or just games that really get you excited about "next games" to come. I've been playing EF for just over 50 years now and I find it still really excites me, especially when variables are met with its constants. EF never fails to surprise. Blessings to all, 🙂 Curt

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Curt said:

I've been playing EF for just over 50 years now and I find it still really excites me... EF never fails to surprise.

Hi Coach Curt, I know what you mean. I feel the excitement every time I play.

Most recently my Red-Peg Rhinos were blown out by the Quick and the Dead by a score of 22 to 48. I got so annoyed with those red-peg bases that I threw away the whole team. Bases and players right into the circular file and right out to the dumpster. 

I have about 50 untweaked  red-peg bases and I wanted to throw all the red-peg bases away. I told my wife I was going to throw them away.

But then I couldn't. I just couldn't.

I tweaked and made notes and I kept practicing plays until the new team of red-peg bases could run every play in my playbook. Then I renamed the team the Red-Peg Rams. I used a vintage Rams team that is molded in yellow plastic.

Then I played the Red-Peg Rams against the '67 Aqua-Base Oughtin' Otters and the Rams won 32 to 30.

Enjoy the Journey.   T43.    🏈♾️

• Like 2

I’m at halftime of the Giants v Lions. It was 20-7 Giants and looking like a blowout. Strange things happen on the way to the Forum! Starting the third quarter the score is 21-20 Lions. Big plays and a defensive stand played a large part in the comeback. Now, the Lions have the second half kickoff and a chance to expand the lead. Should be fun!

Journey On!

• Like 3

What a game! Going into the 4th quarter it was Giants 28- Lions 27! The Giants went ahead more on a 14 yd. TD pass to #35 and went up by 8.  The Lions answered with a 25 yd. strike to #14 St.Brown AND the 2 pt conversion!  35-35!  Did they leave too much time on the clock?

On the back of Barkley, (yes, he does still play for the G-Men!), the Giants cover the field in two massive plays and  a 25 yd. haul for a score….but wait! The Gotham (sorry Tudor) Knights miss the PAT!!! 41-35.

One more play, and the ensuing kickoff is returned! #45 for the Giants breaks it! He’s going to…..the Lions 7 yd. line. Game Over

Giants 41- Lions 35

(now where are my nitroglycerin tablets?)

Journey On!!

• Like 4