Quick Score Stories...?

Ladies and Gentle Dudes, 

I had an interesting series of quick scores today in my San Diego Chargers hosting my Philadelphia Eagles as sometimes happens. I'm talking about 1-2-or even 3+ scores by one team in only a few minutes of gametime. 
Several times, a touchdown was made, the opposing team's drive stopped, and an immediate touchdown thereafter made for a quick two score. 
I've seen a touchdown followed by a then defensive touchdown and even then, getting the ball back after that led to a field goal all as part of a comeback to orchestrate a 24 to 17 win.
I also have a couple of Field Goal stories as a quick detour from topic. Have you ever seen real time football where a kicking team put the kickoff right between the uprights? To me it is a shame that no reward, not even one point, is given for that [ but that would seriously alter the game as we know it]. 
So, allowing that I can make field goals from anywhere on the field, if any kick splits the uprights, I award the kicking team 3 points and then they are allowed to continue with as many kickoffs that score before awarding the ball to the receiving team. My Kansas City Chiefs have a record 16 straight field goals. My Arizona Cardinals are next closest with 10 straight field goals but back to topic.
Philadelphia won the toss and got the ball on their own 20. [One last detour from topic. I start touchbacks from the 20-yard line, not the 25. In the corporate job world education programs, to pass, a "B", that is 80 or better, was the minimum requirement. Having to go 80 yards on a touchback constitutes a B in my book. No "c's" are allowed]. Now then, back to Philly. They drove for a touchdown with the extra point for 7. Their kickoff pinned San Diego on their own three-yard line. Philly's defense stuffed San Diego in the end zone for a safety making it 9-0. Their first kickoff split the uprights making it 12-0 before a touchback started San Diego on their own 20-yard line. This all took a total of only 3 minutes and 17 seconds in the first quarter. I'll finish the first quarter tomorrow.
I like to play a quarter a day but I had to take a break and tell you about this. I find it exciting. Do you have any quick score memories to share? I'd love to hear them and hope mine did not bore you. Blessings, 🙂 Curt 

Sorry, got a little too excited. Philly got the ball from the free-kick and drove for a field goal, not a kickoff but the 3:17 timeframe was correct, and they lead 12-0 right now in the first quarter.  🙂 

This happened to me a few times but my favorite is when Ohio State sealed the game against Michigan to keep them out of the Playoffs in season 3. Michigan was up 17-14 in the beginning of the 4th when all of a sudden QB Josh Riptide is picked off by Warren Sails. Ohio St RB Rashard Bluee easily punched it in from 10 yards out, then they forced a fumble on the kickoff got the ball back and another Rashard Bluee TD to make it 28-17.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Curt said:

Way Kewl. Thanks for sharing. Ohio State was my family's alma mater. My parents met there. My grandfather was a drum major there. Go Buckeyes! 🙂 

Wilbert Pettegrew: 1931 | The Ohio State University Marching and Athletic Bands (osu.edu)

that’s amazing alabama is where i go right now and my moms alma mater i love playing with cfb teams in ef

• Like 3

Last season's game between the Pats and Vikings had some quick scoring. Q1 - The Vikings recovered a Pats fumble on the opening kick for a TD. Followed by RB Chuck Foreman running for a 2 point conversion. Following the kickoff, QB Tony Eason completes to WR Stanley Morgan covering 65 yards for a TD. Two plays later Foreman rumbles 48 yards for a TD and follows up with another 2 point conversion run. Q2 - After a Pats punt, QB Fran Tarkenton finds RB Bob Miller in the endzone for a TD. Next Pat drive, Eason throws a pick six as the first half ends. Vikings 30 Pats 7 HT. 

2nd half - WR Sammy White returns the 2nd half KO 93 yards to the Pats 8 yard line. Foreman takes the ensuing handoff for a TD. The Pats are stuffed and have to punt. White returns the punt 83 yards for another TD. On the Vikings last series, Foreman has a 33 yard run for a final TD.

Final Score: Vikings 52 Pats 10. This was the largest margin of victory ever in my league that I'm aware of. I'm not able to find records from a few of the earlier seasons. 

• Like 2