Custom Painted 1950's Tudor Figures

Posted (edited)

Added to the collections of the Museum. From the artistry of Eligio Bonelli. 1950 NFL Championship Game Participants Los Angeles Rams and Cleveland Browns using 1955 - 1959 era Tudor Figures.

DSC04654.thumb.JPG.42900b0e2cd62631c52a22c9302e9b50.JPG

DSC04655.thumb.JPG.35a4a1b8285383d61f4914122d8e75a3.JPG

DSC04656.thumb.JPG.27cfd1b41e52cfa8bc3815e053ec3481.JPG

DSC04657.thumb.JPG.b82ecaea6078084bc899bb72bb596e37.JPG

DSC04658.thumb.JPG.7190059e8a9a241ccfc04bf83e6b1cb5.JPG

Edited by nefgm.org
  • Like 7

I’m confused.   Are they they the Cleveland Rams and the Cleveland Browns?  Or, thr Los Angeles Rams and Cleveland Browns?

I didn’t realize til today that the Rams moved from Cleveland because they couldn’t get attendance, even in their last year in Cleveland (1945) when they won the NFL title.  They were also scared of Paul Brown coming from Ohio St to coach the Cleveland Browns in the upstart AAFC.

They moved to LA the year after they won the NFL.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Obvioysly, I  screwed up saying the Cleveland Rams. I corrected it. NFL Cleveland Rams moved to LA after the 45 season. In 1950 the AAFC Cleveland Browns, San Fransico 49ers, and Baltimore Colts were merged into the NFL. Don't really know how much Paul Brown being coach of the Browns had to do with it. The dominance of the Browns in the AAFC had a lot to do with its failure which contined in the NFL as the Browns were in every NFL Championship for the next 6 years. 

Edited by nefgm.org
  • Like 4

On 5/9/2024 at 7:54 PM, nefgm.org said:

Obvioysly, I  screwed up saying the Cleveland Rams. I corrected it. NFL Cleveland Rams moved to LA after the 45 season. In 1950 the AAFC Cleveland Browns, San Fransico 49ers, and Baltimore Colts were merged into the NFL. Don't really know how much Paul Brown being coach of the Browns had to do with it. The dominance of the Browns in the AAFC had a lot to do with its failure which contined in the NFL as the Browns were in every NFL Championship for the next 6 years. 

I’ve read that Paul Brown coming from Ohio St to Cleveland hyped the Browns up with the Buckeye fanbase, and that the Reeves guy that owned the Rams at the time was concerned that the Browns would outdraw the Rams in attendance because of the hype.  

I just read that though.  I don’t know for certain.

• Like 1