Browns at Colts (AFC Championship)

The Browns win the toss and elect to play D first since the new NFL OT rule mandates both teams get the ball.  3 plays into OT, and #23 pancakes #22.  Brute force.  Taylor goes 60yds.  XP good.  

Colts 31 Browns 24

If the Browns stop the Colts, should they go for 2?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Greg F said:

The Browns win the toss and elect to play D first since the new NFL OT rule mandates both teams get the ball.  3 plays into OT, and #23 pancakes #22.  Brute force.  Taylor goes 60yds.  XP good.  

Colts 31 Browns 24

If the Browns stop the Colts, should they go for 2?

Was supposed to read “if the Browns score, should they go for 2?”

The Colt’s D shuts the Browns down.  Ford is stuffed at the line on 1st down.  Watson is sacked on 2nd.  

The Colts are then able to sit back and keep the 3rd and 4th down receptions in front of the DBs and hold them to short gains.

Final score:  Colts 31 Browns 24

(I’m really heartbroken for the Browns.  It appeared that they had pulled off a miraculous victory)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Greg F said:

The Colt’s D shuts the Browns down.  Ford is stuffed at the line on 1st down.  Watson is sacked on 2nd.  

The Colts are then able to sit back and keep the 3rd and 4th down receptions in front of the DBs and hold them to short gains.

Final score:  Colts 31 Browns 24

(I’m really heartbroken for the Browns.  It appeared that they had pulled off a miraculous victory)

wow this might’ve actually been game of the playoffs, there was defense, offense, special teams, and coaching. this was a battle of endurance💯💪

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Long island EFL said:

I will try to get some comments in later just been so busy

Both teams battled but somebody's got to win and lose obviously and sometimes it's just one mistake that wins the game. Would love to see these AFC finalists play against some of the Long Island Electric football league finalists. Be lots of fun and competition. The Colts are going to the Super Bowl for you. Next year if I have the time I will play solitaire as our league closes in on our last season together and who knows what all of our coaches will do from that point on.

Can't wait for your Super Bowl!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jayethekxng said:

wow this might’ve actually been game of the playoffs, there was defense, offense, special teams, and coaching. this was a battle of endurance💯💪

I’m going to look back at the entire season.  I can’t think of one that was better from start to finish.  And, it happened in a conference championship game!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Long island EFL said:

Both teams battled but somebody's got to win and lose obviously and sometimes it's just one mistake that wins the game. Would love to see these AFC finalists play against some of the Long Island Electric football league finalists. Be lots of fun and competition. The Colts are going to the Super Bowl for you. Next year if I have the time I will play solitaire as our league closes in on our last season together and who knows what all of our coaches will do from that point on.

Can't wait for your Super Bowl!

Complete stats and analysis coming this afternoon!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greg F said:

I’m going to look back at the entire season.  I can’t think of one that was better from start to finish.  And, it happened in a conference championship game!

big implications bring big games🔥

• Like 1

It was heartbreak for the Browns.  They had ridden Jerome Ford and taken advantage of almost every opportunity in a 3 game winning streak, all over divisional champions on the road, on their way to the AFC Championship.

The Colts dominated the line of scrimmage.  Taylor rushed 22 times for 210yds and 3TDs.   Ford was stuffed this game, only rushing for 42 yds.  But, the Browns were still taking advantage of opportunities.  When Brents had his only busted coverage of the day, Watson hit Elijah Moore for 62yds.  And, when given enough time against the Colts blitz, Watson hit Njoku for a TD.   

The Colts defense seemed to have shut the door with less than a minute to go in the game stopping the Browns on 4th down at the 21.  But, an unlikely fumble by Taylor gave them one more opportunity.  And, again they took advantage.  Ford nicked the defender on the block then got behind him in the flat.  He raced 47yards to the endzone to take the lead 24-21.  With 24 seconds left, it looked like the Browns had pulled off a miraculous unlikely upset win and were headed to the SuperBowl.

But, with 2 TOs, the Colts completed 2 passes and kicked a FG to even the game 24-24 and send the game to OT.

In OT, the Colts defense flexed its muscles one more time.  After a sack on 2nd down, the Colts safeties laid back, let Kareem Hunt catch 2 balls, then flew in to make the tackle.  

As Kareem Hunt was wrapped up and taken to the ground, the Colts sideline didn’t celebrate so much as sigh in relief.  They were the superior team, but they’d been taken to their very limit by a tough, hard-nosed, never-give-up Browns team.  

The Colts will head to their second SuperBowl at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas against the winner of the Cowboys/Falcons game. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Greg F said:

It was heartbreak for the Browns.  They had ridden Jerome Ford and taken advantage of almost every opportunity in a 3 game winning streak, all over divisional champions on the road, on their way to the AFC Championship.

The Colts dominated the line of scrimmage.  Taylor rushed 22 times for 210yds and 3TDs.   Ford was stuffed this game, only rushing for 42 yds.  But, the Browns were still taking advantage of opportunities.  When Brents had his only busted coverage of the day, Watson hit Elijah Moore for 62yds.  And, when given enough time against the Colts blitz, Watson hit Njoku for a TD.   

The Colts defense seemed to have shut the door with less than a minute to go in the game stopping the Browns on 4th down at the 21.  But, an unlikely fumble by Taylor gave them one more opportunity.  And, again they took advantage.  Ford nicked the defender on the block then got behind him in the flat.  He raced 47yards to the endzone to take the lead 24-21.  With 24 seconds left, it looked like the Browns had pulled off a miraculous unlikely upset win and were headed to the SuperBowl.

But, with 2 TOs, the Colts completed 2 passes and kicked a FG to even the game 24-24 and send the game to OT.

In OT, the Colts defense flexed its muscles one more time.  After a sack on 2nd down, the Colts safeties laid back, let Kareem Hunt catch 2 balls, then flew in to make the tackle.  

As Kareem Hunt was wrapped up and taken to the ground, the Colts sideline didn’t celebrate so much as sigh in relief.  They were the superior team, but they’d been taken to their very limit by a tough, hard-nosed, never-give-up Browns team.  

The Colts will head to their second SuperBowl at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas against the winner of the Cowboys/Falcons game. 

Im excited to see who they’ll be playing the colts may be a favorite either way

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jayethekxng said:

Im excited to see who they’ll be playing the colts may be a favorite either way

The Falcons would be an interesting matchup with the speedy receivers they have.  They’ll have to get by the cowboys first though.  

• Like 1