Browns at Jets (Wildcard)

Greg F

Time for kickoff!

The Jets gave been led by Garrett Wilson, who has averaged 5 receptions and 129 yards a game.  Breece Hall has done virtually nothing on the ground.

The Browns have played gritty against one of the tougher schedules in the league.  They have had a different player step forward in every game.  They’ve mostly relied on the passing game.  But, in the final week of the season against the Steelers, Jerome Ford rushed for 153 yards and 1 TD, while Kareem Hunt added another TD on the ground.  

Edited by Greg F
Add info
  • Like 1

Halftime score was 21-21 after Watson hits Njoku for a 16 yard TD.  The Browns got the ball to begin the second half.  Jerome Ford finds his way through a small crease and gets his 2nd TD of the day on a 24 yard run.

Browns 28 Jets 21

Between running out of bounds and taking their 2 timeouts, the Jets are actually able to score a TD from 1 yard out.  On to OT.

The Browns get the ball first, snd score on a dump off to Kareem Hunt.  Browns 42-35

With the new NFL playoff rule, the Jets get the ball.  Once again, Zach Wilson connects to Garrett Wilson for a TD making it 42-41.  The Jets have only stopped the Browns once all day.  So, they are going for 2.  

The Browns changed up their defense for this play (which obviously should have been done earlier).  They double team G Wilson at the line and play a zone at the goal line.  The double team forced G Wilson slightly back towards the middle of the field.  You see #8 for the Browns who was sitting in the zone (with a freezeframe) stop Wilson short of the GL.   

I love great plays, whether they are on offense or defense.  This was a great defensive design.

The #7 seed Browns beat the #2 seed Jets 42-41

• Like 2

On 3/23/2024 at 12:06 PM, Greg F said:

Time for kickoff!

The Jets gave been led by Garrett Wilson, who has averaged 5 receptions and 129 yards a game.  Breece Hall has done virtually nothing on the ground.

The Browns have played gritty against one of the tougher schedules in the league.  They have had a different player step forward in every game.  They’ve mostly relied on the passing game.  But, in the final week of the season against the Steelers, Jerome Ford rushed for 153 yards and 1 TD, while Kareem Hunt added another TD on the ground.  

Two good matchups and gritty football is fantastic. Love the matchups.

On 3/23/2024 at 12:06 PM, Greg F said:

Time for kickoff!

That's the kind of team that can win playoff games

10 hours ago, Greg F said:

Between running out of bounds and taking their 2 timeouts, the Jets are actually able to score a TD from 1 yard out.  On to OT.

The Browns get the ball first, snd score on a dump off to Kareem Hunt.  Browns 42-35

IMG_5517.MOV 11.41 MB · 0 downloads  

With the new NFL playoff rule, the Jets get the ball.  Once again, Zach Wilson connects to Garrett Wilson for a TD making it 42-41.  The Jets have only stopped the Browns once all day.  So, they are going for 2.  

FullSizeRender.MOV 19.02 MB · 2 downloads  

The Browns changed up their defense for this play (which obviously should have been done earlier).  They double team G Wilson at the line and play a zone at the goal line.  The double team forced G Wilson slightly back towards the middle of the field.  You see #8 for the Browns who was sitting in the zone (with a freezeframe) stop Wilson short of the GL.   

I love great plays, whether they are on offense or defense.  This was a great defensive design.

The #7 seed Browns beat the #2 seed Jets 42-41

FOR SOME REASON NEITHER OF THESE OPENED

1 hour ago, Long island EFL said:

IMG 5517 didnt work

That’s weird.  It was a good run, but It wasn’t as good as the slow motion one where Wilson was kept out of the endzone.  Being from Long Island, are you Giants or Jets?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Long island EFL said:

Hey Greggy ... Neither! I am a Dolphins fan and Raiders fan!

I grew up and live in Tennessee, but I’m a Packers fan.  When I was little, most everyone was Cowboys or Steelers, and the Packers sucked under coaches Bart Starr and Forrest Gregg.  I had to be different, and it would be 22 years before the Oilers would move to Nashville.  

Edited by Greg F
Correct grammar

33 minutes ago, Greg F said:

I grew up and live in Tennessee, but I’m a Packers fan.  When I was little, most everyone was Cowboys or Steelers, and the Packers sucked under coaches Bart Starr and Forrest Gregg.  I had to be different, and it would be 22 years before the Oilers would move to Nashville.  

Those two teams were so great although I wasn't a fan I got to tip my hat to those Steeler teams of the '70s they were unbelievable. I like the Steelers never was much of a cowboy fan but can't knock their competitiveness. As for Miami I was introduced while on a stadium walk with my cousin at the old Orange Bowl and I fell in love with the dolphins. I was a huge fan of Earl Campbell he was unbelievable and I used to love watching him play I'll never forget that night when I think he had 199 yards against Miami

Just now, Long island EFL said:

Those two teams were so great although I wasn't a fan I got to tip my hat to those Steeler teams of the '70s they were unbelievable. I like the Steelers never was much of a cowboy fan but can't knock their competitiveness. As for Miami I was introduced while on a stadium walk with my cousin at the old Orange Bowl and I fell in love with the dolphins. I was a huge fan of Earl Campbell he was unbelievable and I used to love watching him play I'll never forget that night when I think he had 199 yards against Miami

36 minutes ago, Greg F said:

I like the Packers also!