Chess vs. Checkers

One of the main differences between chess and checkers is the simple fact that in checkers, every piece is exactly the same (not unlike communism), unless of course the checker piece gets "Kinged". Chess is more like capitalism (not to get political, LOL) in the sense that it allows for different strengths/weaknesses as well as overall ability and rating.

My goal is to create as many unique characteristics in electric football with regard to player abilities as I can. One of the best ways I've discovered so far, is to get different bases for different positions. ITZ makes what's called a "Blitz Base", which come in three different ability types: Power, Strength (a combination of Power and Speed) and Speed. This translates to Lineman using the Power bases, TE's, FB's and Linebackers using the Strength bases, and backs and receivers using the speed ones.

Does anyone know of any other types of bases that allow for differing strengths/weaknesses? I'm thinking the CL-2 bases also made by ITZ have three categories: Forumula 100 being power, formula 55 for strength, and formula 37 is speed. Does that seem correct? What do you experts think?

• Like 3

Round-Front vs Flat-Front blocking.

Back on July 20, 2023 Coach Collins asked a question very similar question to Coach BlueHen's question.

I created a video for Coach Collins to illustrate my blocking schemes.

My bottom line is that I don't see much difference between the blocking, or attack, of round-front bases and flat-front bases.

There is a misconception that a flat-front is akin to a snow plow on the base. This is obviously true on big snow plow trucks but electric football peeps are moving up and down (vibration) and only forward as a byproduct of vibration. The poor little peeps are bouncing into each other and then bouncing left and right helter skelter. 

In the videos plastic peeps consistently reach a stalemate and then one player turns sideways and pushes the whole jumbled mess in that direction. 

I would encourage every coach to attempt the same experiments and post their results.

There is definitely a difference from one player to another and not all offensive lineman are good at every type of blocking scheme. A powerful left tackle (as illustrated in the first two video clips) is essential.

Enjoy the Journey  T43  🏈♾️

Edited July 20, 2023 by Terry43

• Like 4

22 hours ago, BlueHen said:

in checkers, every piece is exactly the same (not unlike communism)

"From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs" is a slogan popularised by Karl Marx in 1875.

The pieces aren't exactly the same. Some little plastic peeps need more weight than others. 1 screw, 1 washer, and 1 nut isn't enough. You have to add that second washer. Maybe even a third washer, but I'm pushing the limits of Theater of the Mind. 😉

Now I realize some coaches might consider that nut sticking up above the platform to be detrimental to the ambience of electric football, 😜 but the added performance is well worth the distraction. I don't even notice the little nuts. 🔩

To quote another of my favorite authors, "The Play's the Thing." 😃👍

Enjoy the Journey   T43.  🏈♾️

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Terry43 said:

Round-Front vs Flat-Front blocking.

Back on July 20, 2023 Coach Collins asked a question very similar question to Coach BlueHen's question.

I created a video for Coach Collins to illustrate my blocking schemes.

Round-frontvsFlat-frontbases-SD480p.mov.2c64c74dc2b6cf4878b7c8b759e8ed40.mov 19 MB · 0 downloads  

My bottom line is that I don't see much difference between the blocking, or attack, of round-front bases and flat-front bases.

There is a misconception that a flat-front is akin to a snow plow on the base. This is obviously true on big snow plow trucks but electric football peeps are moving up and down (vibration) and only forward as a byproduct of vibration. The poor little peeps are bouncing into each other and then bouncing left and right helter skelter. 

In the videos plastic peeps consistently reach a stalemate and then one player turns sideways and pushes the whole jumbled mess in that direction. 

I would encourage every coach to attempt the same experiments and post their results.

There is definitely a difference from one player to another and not all offensive lineman are good at every type of blocking scheme. A powerful left tackle (as illustrated in the first two video clips) is essential.

Enjoy the Journey  T43  🏈♾️

Edited July 20, 2023 by Terry43

That's good stuff Coach. Kind of reminds me of 2 a days in High school with all those drills 😵‍💫

I think what I'll have to do is basically the same thing, except I'll use the Power bases against the Strength bases and the Strength bases against the Speed bases....but with a slight twist. What if I make the Speed bases a gram or two heavier than the Strength bases and the Strength bases slightly heavier than the Power bases? Perhaps more than 1 gram? How much more will it take for the faster base to out block the stronger one? Vegas is now setting odds...

5 hours ago, Terry43 said:

"From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs" is a slogan popularised by Karl Marx in 1875.

but the added performance is well worth the distraction. I don't even notice the little nuts. 🔩

To quote another of my favorite authors, "The Play's the Thing." 😃👍

Some other dude, I think he used to repair the Cable TV, once said: "Git R Done!" 🤠

Edited by BlueHen
  • Like 4