On to the Championship

It was a blustery November afternoon at MRC Memorial Stadium. The Eagles had run out of plays from the playbook, and out of time on the clock. The Eagles had one more crack at the end zone after a 29 yard pass play put them at the five of the Falcons. One play to salvage pride from the ashes of defeat. It was not to be.

The Falcons, on the brilliant performance of #33 Micheal Turner, (182yards rushing-2 TD), had demoralized the Eagles defense all day. The Falcons defense provided Atlanta with the first shutout at MRC Memorial Stadium.

The final score, Falcons 26-Eagles 0.
Next up, the Atlanta Falcons host the Baltimore Colts in a game to decide the championship of this tournament. We will return to MRC Memorial Stadium next on Monday Night Football!

(To be read in the voice of the great Howard Cosell.)IMG_2525.thumb.jpeg.27c040cee8458ad6c34017a154e3a325.jpeg

• Like 4

Wow! A shutout! I've never had a shutout. Way to go Falcons. 🪶

Okay, is MRC, Multiple Recreational Complex? Or am I missing something really obvious here? 🤔

10 hours ago, Daryl Collins said:

on Monday Night Football! (To be read in the voice of the great Howard Cosell.)

I could go for a computer generated Howard Cosell and Dandy Don Meredith ❣️ on Monday Night Football. 

Enjoy the Journey.  T43.  🏈♾️

• Like 1

I will tell you, I tried every single thing I could do to get points for the Eagles! No bias here at all. Incompletions, 4 and outs, interceptions, and coverage sacks. Holy cow! I could not believe what was going on.

MRC Memorial. My dad, God rest his soul, was Marcus R. Collins. Worlds biggest Bama fan and a heck of a dad! Had me in my first football helmet in the yard when I was 3. It just seemed appropriate to name the place I play on after him. Some may say it’s silly, but it sure makes me feel good in a way I can’t really explain. 

Journey On!

• Like 3

I went back to your previous posts to look for points and statistics for the Colts. The Colts barely squeak by Cleveland. From what I read I don't think the Colts have a Breakout running back like the Falcons, #33 Micheal Turner, (182yards rushing-2 TD).

So, I'll say the Colts and Falcons defenses cancel each other out and give the edge to the Falcons' running game in the Championship.

However, I know the coach for both teams has a long standing relationship with Nick Saban and Marcus Collins so this could become a battle of wits.

🐎 I think the Colts will pull the upset. 😃👍

Enjoy the Championship Game    T43    🏈♾️

• Like 1

The championship was made interesting by a 4th quarter Joseph Addai 48 yard touchdown reception that made the score Falcons 21 Colts 14. The Falcons took the kickoff to their own 13. The Colts just needed a stop, but it was not to be as the Falcons practiced ball control driving the length of the field in 8 plays culminating in another Micheal Turner 6 yard run to put the game all but out of reach. In all Turner had 299 yards and 4 touchdowns to be awarded MVP for the first Monday Night Football Tournament. 
Season 2 will feature the Colts, 49ers, Seahawks, Commanders, Lions, Raiders, Cowboys, and Chargers.

Journey On!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daryl Collins said:

Season 2 will feature the Colts, 49ers, Seahawks, Commanders, Lions, Raiders, Cowboys, and Chargers.

I'm puzzled why the Falcons and Micheal Turner don't get a chance to defend their championship? 🤔

With or without the Falcons, I like the teams you've selected for the next Monday Night Football Tournament. If memory serves me, the 49ers, Seahawks, Commanders, Lions, Raiders, Cowboys, and Chargers are rookie teams. Do they have ITZ Starter bases?

1 hour ago, Daryl Collins said:

Turner had 299 yards and 4 touchdowns

Wow! I'm really, really impressed. 😃👍

Here in Wyoming Egyptians' Halfback #23 had 278 yards and 3 touchdowns and he was the MVP of the game.

Enjoy the Journey (and the Turkey, sweet potatoes, stuffing, etc.)     T43.    🏈♾️

I did dice draw eliminations to get to the 8 teams in the next tourney. The fact the Colts ended up there again, but not the Falcons, yeah, I thought about that one. Having these types of tournaments allows me to get my Uni-Form teams out to play. All teams keep their bases here on out. The 49ers will get all fresh bases. I have, for the first time, all the tweaking tools I need to do this properly. Scales, putty to add weight, magnifying visor, and tweaking hardware. I’m all set! 
Now about those ITZ bases. I have 4 New Orleans Saints teams and, eventually, my Beenutt Packers who will wear those! That is a whole nother day’s worth of fun just down the road! 
ok, I have made a commissioner’s executive decision. I am replacing the Colts in the next tourney with the Falcons! I was chewing on the decision to do that before and I don’t think I will be happy unless the Falcons have a chance to defend!

Yes! I will enjoy the fixins today! We’re going to be at my brother in law’s in Birmingham, and his wife is Italian. She is an amazing cook and, while Sunday at Mom’s will be the traditional Thanksgiving, today is going to be an incredible Italian smorgasbord! I’ll get in some EF this morning and maybe more tonight. 
Journey on!

• Like 1