Preparation

Daryl Collins

With the anticipation of my ITZ bases today, I am preparing for an eventual base draw/tweaking session. I’m not sure when I’ll pull off all the continual effort I’ll need to do this, but Bama has a bye week next week and that seems like a good day to shoot for. I have an AWS-100 scale, Scotch mounting putty, and a pair of Xeron 410 cutting shears on the way. This should put me in good stead. I’m constructing a dice roll system to facilitate the distribution of bases. I have 3 Saints teams in Uni-Forms  I will attempt to outfit with ITZ bases. The rest are Tudor bases of about 10 different styles and time periods, although, I’m no mean historian and probably couldn’t tell the story of some of them. 
All of this and, besides the base sessions, I’ll probably take “breaks” for actual gaming and Uni-Form outfitting. 
The things that make this a great hobby is what makes life fun in general. It’s not the destination, it’s looking forward to the destination, the preparation, and the sharing of it all with your community.

It’s the journey.

Journey On!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Daryl Collins said:

I’m constructing a dice roll system to facilitate the distribution of bases.

I can't even guess 🤔  how a  🎲  dice system would work.

Please, I want all the details.  📚📖🔖

Enjoy the Journey   T43   🏈♾️

Here goes… and I don’t even know if it will work. With a D6… I might revise with a D10. We’ll see.

ITZ bases distributed between 3 Saints teams. 
1-2 Starter bases, 3-4 CL1s, 5 Blitz formula 55, 6 Blitz formula 100

base draw for next 8 tournament teams

1-4 Rookie bases, 5 TTC, 6 Choice draw between Proline, Big Boats, and various other bases available. 

It’s not rocket science. Heck, it might not even be elementary school science. But I plan to have fun and a go at it!

Journey On!

• Like 1

Okay. so let's see if I've got this. Three Saints teams: Home, Away, & Color Rush.

Home rolls a 6 = Home gets a Blitz formula 100 base

Away rolls a 2 = Away gets a Starter base

Color Rush rolls a 4 = Color Rush gets a CL-1 base

Repeat until all the ITZ bases have been distributed to the three Saints teams.

Sometimes in random events clustering occurs. For example, the Away Saints may end up rolling a majority of 1s and 2s which results in a majority of the Starter bases going to the Away Saints. Are you going to ignore clustering? It doesn't matter too much. However, if you decide not to ignore clustering then the Saints teams could start trading. For example if the Away Saints have a majority of Starter bases they could trade Starter bases for something... Like first round draft choices next season. 🤪

Enjoy the Journey   T43   🏈♾️

• Like 1

Interesting. Now see, this just got from, “how much longer are you going to be in there, Honey?” To, “Ok mam, so when was the last time you actually saw your husband?”

Thats why I’ve got to think this out a bit more i.e. D6 v D10 to prevent clustering. Or, as you stated, keep a log aka real draft with the ability to trade up or down like the real draft!

That way, moves have consequences! Holy cow! This thing may actually have legs. 

Journey On!

• Like 2

🤣

Now for the positive. I received the ITZ bases today! Love that East Coast shipping! I also received the mounting putty and my AWS scales. Now everything is ready. Except I am a week away from being able to free up the time to adequately invest to do this project correctly, without interruption. 
Now the equipment sits in my cave and, like Ricardo Montalban said in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan…”It tasks me. It tasks me.”.

Journey On!

• Like 1