69 Eagles v 75 Cardinals

The uni-forms are very precise and both teams look great. 🥇  Who ws QBing the Cardinals in 1975?

Coach Daryl, I noticed the cardinal player in the fullback position has the ball. I also noticed that the cardinal fullback is riding on a rookie or standard base. This is the the reverse of how set up the I-formation. 🤔

I use the stronger TTC base to bulldoze an opening for the faster, straighter tailback. Your scheme is more like the Eagles 🦅  running backs pushing Jalen Hurts through the hole on a QB sneak.

If you are using stop-forward-progress tackling then that is a brilliant set up. The TTC base is like the hammer and the standard base is the nail. 💥💫 🔨  I bet you get a lot 30-, 40-, and 50-yard runs from that formation.

I haven't tried that. but now I'm going to!

Enjoy the Journey    T43    🏈♾️

Interesting, because both of these teams were some of my earlier efforts and I can spot a whole lot of mistakes that I don’t make now. The 1979 Oilers team I am currently working on look much better in comparison. 
The Cardinals’ QB in 1975 was Jim Hart in #17. As far as the formation, it was working well in the 1st quarter of the game, but the Eagles defense is making the Cardinals change their game plan in the third.

I do use stop-forward progress tackling! I use about 90% of your game play regimen. It is a very satisfying way to play and, for the way I wanted to play solitaire, it was the answer to a lot of things I felt were frustrating and nonsensical to achieve level, solid , fluid gameplay. I follow other coaches and respect the gameplay decisions they make, but my enjoyment of this game has increased fourfold using the majority of your system.

Thanks, Coach T.!

Journey on!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Daryl Collins said:

the Eagles defense is making the Cardinals change their game plan in the third.

The same thing happens to my teams. It's a game of continual adjustment. The game keeps me thinking.

Are the Eagles in your typical defensive formation? 

Enjoy the Journey   T43   🏈♾️

• Like 1

So, in the game between the Colts and Browns, the Colts pulled off the upset with a 23-20 defensive game! The Browns just never could get their offense untracked and the ball control, defense minded Colts played a beautiful game of bend, but don’t break. Unitas to Moore on a 57 yard pass play in the 4th was the difference maker.

Next up, Eagles v. Falcons. The winner will get the Colts for the 2023 MNF Tournament Crown.

Journey On!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Daryl Collins said:

Next up, Eagles v. Falcons. The winner will get the Colts for the 2023 MNF Tournament Crown.

What a quandary. I use to say my favorite team is the Raiders and whoever is playing NFC East teams. Except the Eagles. 🦅

The Hot-lanta 🔥 Falcons' overtime loss to the Patriots in the Super Bowl about killed me. 

So, for your game I'm going with my clothes closet. I own an Eagles' football jersey but I don't own a Falcons' football jersey. So I'm pulling for the Eagles and the Colts in the 2023 MNF Tournament Crown.

Enjoy the Journey    T43.     🏈♾️

• Like 1