2nd Pre-season Tilt

Here is the 2nd pre-season game between the Red Storm Texans v Oakland Raiders in Uni-Forms. The Texans are numbered for the present iteration and the Raiders are, of course, the 1976 Stabler team. Houston won the coin toss, so here we go! BTW, I fixed the 2 offsides Raiders after looking at the photo.🤣IMG_2126.thumb.jpeg.32eeef4bf9af34013980ff5049753534.jpeg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Daryl Collins said:

Raiders are, of course, the 1976 Stabler team.

Of course. But I'm a Plunkett fan also. However, in high school George Atkinson was my hero. T43 

100_1725.thumb.png.2f36b0fe9c92221bc8d9b0a7cdc90865.png

I use to be a huge Oakland Raiders fan. LA Raiders also. I accepted losing Marcus Allen. I accepted losing Chucky and the Super Bowl. But JaMarcus Russel spelled the end between me and the Raiders.

"Anyone who knows football remembers the name JaMarcus Russell. The former No. 1 overall pick is considered to be one of the biggest busts in NFL history." FanBuzz

Al Davis forgot his motto: "Just win baby!"

Daryl, to your Raiders team I say, "Just Win, Baby!"

• Like 1

In this back and forth pre-season matchup, the Texans and the Raiders went neck and neck to the finish.  C.J. Stroud threw an interception before the first intermission leading to a field goal and a 19-18 Raiders lead at halftime. He redeemed himself though, with a 4th quarter drive to the Raider three yard line and a tying field goal to send the game to overtime. The Texans won the toss and ran the O.T. Kickoff back for the win! Final score, Texans 44- Raiders 38

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Daryl Collins said:

The Texans won the toss and ran the O.T. Kickoff back for the win! Final score, Texans 44- Raiders 38

Aaaaargh! Oh well. It's only preseason.

However, if I'm honest, those Red Storm Texan Jerseys are awesome. I might have to change allegiances. Who is returning Kickoffs for the Texans? Pics of the player?

Enjoy the Journey   T43   🏈♾️

• Like 1

I am going to have to do a better job at pics and info. I am definitely no good at filming. That’s probably why I enjoy Coach T. 43’s work so much. Also, that game was completed at 3AM and I was doing a darned good job at not waking the wife…. Until #28 Gerrid Doaks ran that kickoff back! Now we covered bias in an earlier post, and doggone it, I was pulling hard for the Raiders! It was like an unstoppable force guiding the Texans on that last drive. Then, the kickoff in overtime! Holy Cow! I absolutely could NOT believe what I was seeing! That runner, on that base, had pulled left all game. I used him on power sweeps ALL GAME! Then, on that kickoff he busted up the middle for 100 yards? No explanation. It was eerie I tell you!

Journey on!

• Like 2

Doaks probably didn't want to be released again. 😃 I read in Wikipedia, "On September 7, 2022, Doaks was signed to the Houston Texans practice squad.[10] He was released on November 16.[11] He was re-signed on December 13."

7 hours ago, Daryl Collins said:

It was like an unstoppable force guiding the Texans on that last drive. Then, the kickoff in overtime! Holy Cow! I absolutely could NOT believe what I was seeing!

7 hours ago, Daryl Collins said:

It was eerie I tell you!

In my experience it just gets more eerie the longer you play. That's why I play the first half in the evening and the second half the next morning. It's like the little plastic peeps get together and make adjustments. My intellect tells me it's just my sleeping brain making adjustments, but like you said, doggone it seems like the plastic peeps are playing the game.

Like an episode of Twilight Zone, my wife anticipates she will come into my studio one day and I'll be gone. But on the electric football field will be a little plastic peep wearing my clothes and he will have a big smile on his face. 

By pics I just mean a picture of #28 and maybe a picture of #7 C.J. Stroud. The uni-forms look great.

Enjoying the Twilight Zone.    T43.   👻🏈

• Like 1