Proline fast

Greg F

Maybe they are fast. Below is a video of one of my fastest receivers running a 5 second 40. If your tweaked base is doing a 5 second 40 then I think you've got speed.

For comparison:

Average time by position (from Wikipedia)

According to a five-year NFL combine report, wide receivers and cornerbacks had the fastest average times at 4.48, followed by running backs at 4.49. The following average times were measured between 2000 and 2012 at the NFL combine for players who played at least 5 games.

A 5 second 40 is equivalent to about 16 miles per hour. Turning up the speed on your wave generator will improve speed also.

Enjoy the Journey. T43 🏈♾️

• Like 2

On 7/16/2023 at 12:18 PM, Greg F said:

My ITZ bases are going way faster

If you can tweak ITZ bases to run fast, then, I trust your technique is excellent. Sometimes bases just don't perform. If I had a nickel for every ITZ and Tudor base I've pitched in the garbage...

Enjoy the Journey T43 🏈♾️

• Like 2

Fast ProLines are a temperamental bunch. The prongs are thin and light. 

Make sure all prongs (8 of them) have a slight curve, and all must make contact with the board in the same way.

The base prongs must all make contact with the field when the figure is on it.  All prongs must be an identical length. 

Use the emory board to remove flashing

Good luck! 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, NO Dave said:

Fast ProLines are a temperamental bunch. The prongs are thin and light. 

Make sure all prongs (8 of them) have a slight curve, and all must make contact with the board in the same way.

The base prongs must all make contact with the field when the figure is on it.  All prongs must be an identical length. 

Use the emory board to remove flashing

Good luck! 

So, use an emory board instead of a lighter?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Terry43 said:

If you can tweak ITZ bases to run fast, then, I trust your technique is excellent. Sometimes bases just don't perform. If I had a nickel for every ITZ and Tudor base I've pitched in the garbage...

Enjoy the Journey T43 🏈♾️

I’ve actually picked up tweaking better than I thought I would, but I still have a long way to go.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Greg F said:

So, use an emory board instead of a lighter?

Last week at this time I would've advocated a lighter. However, I found some videos on Youtube (Electric Football Hero) that advocate an emery board. I tried it on three bases and the bases got worse. 🤨  So I posted (Using an Emery Board to Tweak Bases) and received positive responses.

Chris at the National Electric Football Game Museum, and NO Dave both wrote that in their experience an emery board works. 😃

So, I don't know about emery boards. 🤔 

Enjoy the Journey. T43 🏈♾️

• Like 2

There's a way to use the emory board for best results. Slide the base all the way across the emory board very gently. For fast bases, use this emory board sparingly, and only flash them with a lighter. 

Finesse is the key to success here. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1