5 gram DE pushes 30.80 grams

Terry43

Hi. I've seen it written that tweaking a base is sometimes science and sometimes art.  Sometimes tweaking is dumb luck!

100_0367.png.6af3160b6a9fd3a6c84d50b341739d14.png

I was tweaking a base and my pliers slipped and twisted a back prong. I thought, "Here's another one for the garbage." But I tried it anyway and put the Defensive End up against my strongest players. He kept winning. And not by just a little bit!

So then I gave the Defensive End heavy things to push. I felt like Bruce Willis's son in the movie Unbreakable. A short video is attached.

I really love this hobby.  Enjoy the Journey T43 💪

• Like 3

A bases I had from the 80s has a really flimsy front right prong.  It also won’t stay straight.  It flies down the field for some reason.  It also bounces off defenders at the line of scrimmage and usually still goes straight.  It’s the ultimate WR base.  I have no clue how that works.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Greg F said:

It also bounces off defenders at the line of scrimmage and usually still goes straight.  It’s the ultimate WR base.  I have no clue how that works.

You're spot on, Greg and I don't have a clue why those bases can bounce off a double team and still get open.

My super strong DE runs straight, but not real fast. Video attached.

Enjoy the Journey T43 🏈

• Like 2