2020 Long Island EFL Week#2 Cincinnati Bengals (1-0) at Cleveland Browns (0-1)

CLEVELAND STUMPS HIGH-OCTANE CINCINNATI IN WEEK TWO!

1394935987_week2bengals1.thumb.jpg.897e163068fc384940152218abd8a5d7.jpg

August 9, 2020, Cleveland, Ohio. The Cincinnati Bengals (1-1) came off a Week#1 victory over the tough highly respected, AFC Los Angeles Chargers 20-14, but they couldn't withstand the pressure of the Cleveland Browns (1-1) defense in Week#2, as the Browns shut down the Cincinnati running game and the stars of last week's game for Cincinnati seemed to have disappeared falling into the hands of a hard-nose Cleveland Browns defense who was roughed up last week by Baltimore 17-7! We have to give Cleveland credit for their game plan against Cincinnati. Cincinnati Coach Johnny "Freeport-Chucker" came in with his usual talk, but it didn't stop Cleveland Coach Matt "Zoo-York" Mulqueen, the Bronx kid, from firing up his Browns. 

Cleveland's Jim Brown started the game for the Browns with a 98-yard kick return bringing the ball to the division rival's two-yard line. And two plays later Mike Pruitt ran it in for a two-yard touchdown to give the Browns the lead 7-0! The Bengals fired back as Icky Woods took the ball back 62-yards on the Bengals first kick return to the Cleveland 38-yard line, and the Bengals just couldn't seem to get anything going on the run. Rookie Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow managed to hit Archie Griffin for a short 15-yard pass, but Cincinnati was forced by a ferocious Browns defense to kick a field-goal making the score 7-3, Cleveland. Cincinnati had a quiet game, but their coach complained about the play calling of Cleveland as the "Freeport-Chucker" and his Cincinnati Bengals, who last week exploded on the Los Angeles Chargers, have to figure it out for week three where it's certainly not going to get any easier for them as they play the competitive Philadelphia Eagles and the #1 kick-retuner in the LIEFL, Harold Carmichael! 

Cleveland Coach Mulqueen worked out a great game-plan for tonight's game. Everything went right for the Cleveland Browns. Jimmy Brown had two big kick-returns for 98 and 54 yards and he ran the ball on the ground well with 39 yards rushing with a 19 yard touchdown run. Brown ended up with 191 total yards in the game with a touchdown, and Fullback Mike Pruitt, who hasn't touched the ball in two seasons carried one in for two yards as the Cleveland Browns beat up on the Cincinnati Bengals 14-3! The Browns silenced the big Bengal line as they move on to play the Washington Football Team (1-0), and then Cleveland is on the road for three tough opponents in Dallas, Jacksonville, and the New York Giants. "The Freeport-Chucker" said, It's no secret we don't like each other.  They are our rivals, and Mulqueen thinks he's the better coach. Well, today he was, but I didn't play a good game and I let my Bengals down, but kudos to Mulqueen, he outplayed me.  Don't care much for the Browns or their coach, but I'll be back."

2020 AFC NORTH

W

L

PF

PA

TDS

HOME

AWAY

DIV

CON

NFC

Baltimore (3-5)

1-0

0-0

1-0

1-0

0-0

Cleveland (3-4)

1-0

0-1

1-1

1-1

0-0

Cincinnati (3-4)

1-0

0-1

0-1

1-1

0-0

Pittsburgh (3-4)

1-0

0-1

1-0

1-0

0-1

Totals:

0-0

0-0

0-0

0-0

0-0

bengals week 2.jpg

2020 BENGALS AFC NORTH DIVISION.doc 2019 BROWNS AFC NORTH DIVISION.doc

Edited by Long island EFL
added information

I coached high school football for a long time...i used to tell many kids ..when u have some extra time...go on the internet or youtube and watch some of these guys like jim brown...the "bus"...mike Pruitt...etc....so many great players ...such a great learning experience and appreciation for what the game is supposed to be like.

3 hours ago, Capanther said:

I coached high school football for a long time...i used to tell many kids ..when u have some extra time...go on the internet or youtube and watch some of these guys like jim brown...the "bus"...mike Pruitt...etc....so many great players ...such a great learning experience and appreciation for what the game is supposed to be like.

Those guys were outstanding players.  What we did was each one of us picked our best all-time players and it's a lot of work as you know numbering the players I bet you are a great coach

• Like 1