"Once in a Lifetime" opportunity?

I recently ordered a few bags of teal Rookie bases and received the most awesome Carolina Blue bases instead of the teal I was expecting..

I visited Tudor's chat and discovered that Beenutt didn't know about the color change. I gathered from our Chat that he doesn't plan to continue the Carolina Blue bases so this may be a Once-in-Lifetime opportunity to acquire Carolina Blue from Tudor.

100_4796.png.539d5d2ca56885618aadef1dc2f42638.pngThe bases look like County Fair cotton candy.

I first noticed the Carolina Blue bases in some pictures posted by Coach Jayethekxng.

image.png.acc5eb670bd291bdf4650e9799c7f60d.png I was intrigued but I didn't pursue the mystery.

Now the mystery is resolved and I think I'll have enough Carolina Blue bases to take me to the end of my life. 

100_4790.png.add4476984da834352535a82c9232a14.pngThe blue figures are from Playtime's Monday Night Football game.

I do believe I'll have enough Carolina Blue bases to take me to the end of my life. 

Unfortunately there aren't any Carolina Blue TTCs. I remember when the Blue and Red Convention bases first came out. The TTC bases were blue and the Rookie bases were red. I wanted Blue Rookies and Red TTCs — and it took a few years — but I got my wish. Perhaps history will repeat itself.

For coaches who are collectors here is a color reference picture.

100_4799.png.e3067639fadef495e3cf6a9cd4b1721b.pngOriginal Convention teal, Modern teal, accidental teal.

Enjoy the Journey.    T43.    🏈♾️

• Like 3

Ok. I bit. I will regret not getting them if I don’t. I can certainly outfit a couple Panthers teams with them. Even if they become so popular enough to continue producing them I’ll be glad to have them.

Thanks for the pics!

Journey On!

• Like 1

Just spit balling, but I’ll have to pull out my Uni-Form Oilers teams! They might look as good or better than the Panthers with these bases. The problem is, my lizard brain keeps telling me to order a set of custom painted Beenutt Panthers to put them on. Not that it makes much difference, but if Bryce were to turn it around this year, that would be a fun team to have decked out! Carolina blue rooks and black TTCs! (Drat you lizard brain!)

Journey On!

• Like 3

On 7/11/2024 at 9:16 PM, Daryl Collins said:

Uni-Form Oilers teams! They might look as good or better than the Panthers

100_4813.png.cdd09206c72f698cb1b27806424585c9.png

I do believe it works. 😃👍  That's the beauty of this lighter shade of teal. It works well with a lot of shades of blue and green. 

Carolina blue rooks and black TTCs! (Drat you lizard brain!)

Now you're cooking with Crisco!

custom painted Beenutt Panthers

Black jerseys, or white jerseys? Either should work great.

100_4815.png.760f84cdd08a241805461082eb1e25dc.pngAlmost Carolina Panther blue.

Enjoy the Journey.  T43.   🏈♾️

• Like 2

Home darks. I like the away scheme better but I have to balance out my home and away teams. We’ll, I don’t HAVE to, but I like to for my custom painted teams. When I make a decision like that I usually experience some regrets that usually go away when the product arrives. There’s a whole twisted psychological process that plays into my participation in the hobby. The anticipation of “what’s next” is a large part of the fun!

Journey On!

• Like 2