NFL Pittsburgh, PA

DID YOU KNOW THAT THERE IS A HIDDEN SIDE TO THE ELECTRIC FOOTBALL GAME.  WELL HERE IT IS,  THE OLD BOARDS WHEN THE SPEED DIAL IS TURNED (UP) TO A HIGH VIBRATION, THE FIGURES RUN FASTER AND THE LINEMAN HIT HARDER.  SO WHAT DO YOU HAVE TACKLE FOOTBALL.  YOU CAN ONLY DO THIS WITH THE OLD ELECTRIC FOOTBALL BOARDS THAT PLUG INTO THE WALL.  THE BOARD HAS TO BE (EXTREMELY LEVEL) AND GRAVITY WILL TAKE OVER BECAUSE THE FIGURES BECOME AIRBORNE ON A VIBRATING METAL TIN FIELD.  NO MORE TOUCH, TAG, FOOTBALL.  IT'S TACKLE NOW.   IF THE SPEED DIAL IS TOO HIGH, TURN IT DOWN A LITTLE UNTIL YOU'RE RUNNING BACK CAN SUCCESSFULLY MAKE A FIRST DOWN.  (PLAYERS THERE'S NO DIFFERENCE, IT'S LIKE THE REAL NFL).   THE MEN ARE AIRBORNE.     R&S Science Laboratory.

• Like 1

Hi Coach HHHSR71. Welcome to the Tudor Forum.

On 6/23/2024 at 10:36 AM, HHHSR71 said:

NO MORE TOUCH, TAG, FOOTBALL.

I agree that's why I play Stop Forward Progress tackling. 

Turning up the speed is one approach. Increasing the weight is another approach. Increasing both speed and weight is a third approach. I spend a lot of time asking myself,  "What is the strongest a plastic base can become? What is the fastest a plastic base can move forward?"

I try to answer these questions with math. I start by imagining the strongest and fastest little plastic peep allowed by physics. I call this Player X.

Player X =  (Weight * Velocity)

Most leagues cap player weight at 4 grams. So, Player X = (4 grams * Velocity)

The motion generator determines the speed and I have a wide receiver who consistently runs 40 inches in 10 seconds, or 4 inches per second (4 ips)

Player X = (4 grams * 4 ips) = 0.0004064 meters per kg per second 

What if we increase grams to 5 grams?     0.000508 m kg / s

What if we increase grams to 10 grams?    0.001016 m kg / s

What if we increase grams to 20 grams?    0.002032 m kg / s 🙂 

At some point the natural world will step in and the weight will stop the base from moving. 😵

By limiting weight to 4 grams most coaches reach Player X very quickly and soon their whole team is composed of Player Xs. By increasing my maximum to 5 grams I've extended my momentum ceiling from .0004 to .0005. That's a difference you can feel when Player X runs into your finger.

The science behind tackling performance is:

1. Weight X Speed = Momentum; and:
  2. The reduction in drag, or the coefficient of friction.

The prongs convey vibration energy from the field to the forward speed of the little plastic peep. I'll save friction reduction for another post. We'll get into heat and cold impact on the prongs.

Enjoy the Journey   T43.    🏈♾️

• Like 1