Cowboys at Lions (Divisional)

The 2nd seeded Lions come into the game straight off of a last second FG against the 7th seeded Bears.  The Lions have had a dominating season though.  Among playoff teams, they trail only the Giants in strength of schedule.

The Cowboys come into the game of an upset of the Western division champs Rams. They prevailed 17-13 against the second best defense in the league.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Long island EFL said:

Who are the defensive beasts that can stop these speedy backs?

The Cowboys are trying different personnel on the D-Line trying to find a combination that can slow them down.

The Cowboys go on a balanced 8 play drive go open the 2nd half, but they miss on a 37yd FG.

They needed to score every drive to give themselves a chance.  They are going to need some help from their defense.

Cee Dee Lamb catches the ball with a convoy of players going 49 yards for the score (i feel bad about this.  In making sure that I turned every other Lion to chase the receiver, I totally forgot to turn the guy right in front of him #87.  Bothers me when I miss a make that kind of costly error)

2 pt conversion is good on another pass from Prescott to Lamb.

Lions 21 Cowboys 17

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Greg F said:

The Cowboys go on a balanced 8 play drive go open the 2nd half, but they miss on a 37yd FG.

They needed to score every drive to give themselves a chance.  They are going to need some help from their defense.

Someone has to rise to the occasion for the Cowboys who will it be?

• Like 1

This game is REALLY heating up now!!’

St. Brown returns the ensuing kickoff 91 yards for a TD.  The return looks simple, but you can’t get a good look of the blocks that opened this huge hole.  

Lions 28 Cowboys 24

• Like 1

This is an ESPN instant classic!!!!

Gallup returns the Kickoff back 89 yards for the TD!!!!  (I need to start videoing these from behind so you can see the blocks.  My videos make the runs look simple)

Goff hits St. Brown twice, but the Lions can’t get into FG range. 

Final Score Cowboys 38 Lions 35

• Like 1

Stats of note:

Cowboys:                                                              Prescott 355yds passing  3TDs                         Lamb 3 receptions 112yds 2TD                         Gallup 4 receptions 97yds 1 TD 1 kickoff return for TD

Lions:                                                                   Jahmyr Gibbs 6 rushes 124yds 1TD.               St. Brown 4 receptions 94yds 1 kickoff return for TD.                                                                  Montgomery 11 rushes 60yds 2TDs 1 reception 73 yds 1 receiving TD

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Greg F said:

Stats of note:

Cowboys:                                                              Prescott 355yds passing  3TDs                         Lamb 3 receptions 112yds 2TD                         Gallup 4 receptions 97yds 1 TD 1 kickoff return for TD

Lions:                                                                   Jahmyr Gibbs 6 rushes 124yds 1TD.               St. Brown 4 receptions 94yds 1 kickoff return for TD.                                                                  Montgomery 11 rushes 60yds 2TDs 1 reception 73 yds 1 receiving TD

Man that detroit run game is a great 2 headed backfield but it just wasn’t enough Dallas was too explosive

The Lions led 21-9 at one point.  A fumble changed the entire game.  Dallas eventually found a defensive combo that slowed down the Lions run game.  And, in the 4th quarter, the were able to get St Brown covered.  

I really thought the Lions would

2 hours ago, Jayethekxng said:

Man that detroit run game is a great 2 headed backfield but it just wasn’t enough Dallas was too explosive

win this easily.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2024 at 10:32 PM, Greg F said:

Stats of note:

Big numbers in the passing game and Gibbs played a tough game. Who's up next

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Long island EFL said:

Big numbers in the passing game and Gibbs played a tough game. Who's up next

Colts at Chargers

Ekelar vs the Colt defense 

Edited by Greg F

On 4/3/2024 at 9:53 PM, Greg F said:

This is an ESPN instant classic!!!!

Gallup returns the Kickoff back 89 yards for the TD!!!!  (I need to start videoing these from behind so you can see the blocks.  My videos make the runs look simple)

Goff hits St. Brown twice, but the Lions can’t get into FG range. 

Final Score Cowboys 38 Lions 35

IMG_5907.MOV 11.59 MB · 1 download  

wont open

• Like 1