Highlights From Oughtin' Otters Come Back Win

After 30 seasons the Oughtin' Otters are 32 and 22. They have appeared in 5 Fruit Bowls and won back to back Fruit Bowls in Season 5 and 6. Through it all the Oughtin' Otters have been riding on 1965 Aqua single-clip bases. I bought a box of single-clip bases at a garage sale in Vancouver, Washington and I noticed that most of the bases were turf green and a few were aqua green. About 30 of the bases were aqua and I soon discovered they were the best of the garage sale box. In my First Season the Ought' Otters went undefeated and lost the Fruit Bowl. In my Second Season the Otters went undefeated and lost to the Valkyries in the Fruit Bowl. I started to think the Oughtin' Otters were like the Minnesota Vikings or the Buffalo Bills.

I found more aqua single clips in Eureka, California and one of those became Rookie #29, the MVP of both Fruit Bowl wins. That same base, but with a better plastic figure is the same running back you see in the highlights. The QB #8 was in that original garage sale box and is the original plastic figure that played in Fruit Bowl 1. He's wearing about five coats of paint (uniform changes). The base for running back #39 was also on that First Fruit Bowl team but has a new plastic figure.

So, as you watch these highlights, remember most of those aqua bases are probably 58 years old and have played in at least 54 games (that I know about).

Eat your heart out Tom Brady.

Enjoy the Journey T43