2020 Long Island EFL Week#3 Detroit Lions (1-1) vs. Arizona Cardinals (2-0)

LIONS BUSSY STUNS CARDINALS WITH 242 YARD PERFORMANCE IN MAJOR UPSET IN OT! 

cards5ART.thumb.jpg.ae3f7a369adce7646077bc35e9b85bb9.jpg

September 1, 2020. Phoenix, Arizona. When Dexter Bussy was Long Island Electric Football League's Player of the Week in Week#1, it was evident that he was going to reach new heights, but today was special! What a tremendous match-up between two serious competitors in Coach Johnny "Freeport-Chucker" Lafromboise's Detroit Lions against Kevin "The Mac" Maloney's undefeated high-flying Arizona Cardinals (2-0).

For the Cardinals this is like deja vu going back to Coach "Mac's" 2019 season when they were 5-0, until they lost their last three games of the season. To prevent that from happening this year the Cardinals coach said he vows to play one second at a time. The Lions have played some intense football on the other hand. They never quit! The three-time consecutive NFC finalist have lots to prove about being undone in this league. In 2016, Coach Chucker won LIEFL Super Bowl XII 42-17, beating the pants off of "Mac's" Patriots at the time. Now Levi Vick coaches them. 

Slawson's Corner analytical expert and Long Island Sports Hall of Fame inductee Andrew Slawson said, "Anytime Detroit's Dexter Bussy is playing opposing coaches better have a game plan because this guy can wreck a team and blow your game plans. He's just unpredictable and when he's hot, nobody is going to stop him. I have been watching him for years and what I have seen him do almost seems like he's human. It is crazy that a game can bring that much excitement after all these years."

Detroit Coach, the Freeport-Chucker said of Slawson, "This guy always gets my games wrong because he thinks I am a hot head, but we will see who the hot head is today when I pull an upset on Mac. He's got me wrong, I am not only a better coach but I know the weaknesses of every coach in this league and that is how I devise my strategy to win."

THE PLAY-BY-PLAY: Detroit Lions (1-1) vs. Arizona Cardinals(2-0)

On the opening kickoff Arizona's Larry Fitzgerald took the ball back 41-yards in his second game returning kicks. On the Cardinal's first run,  OJ Anderson and the offensive line of the Cardinals worked hard downfield with runs of 10, 6, another 10, another 6-yards until finally he burst through a Dan Deirdoff hole for a sweet 28-yard touchdown run to make the score 7-0 Arizona, with 7:24 left to go and a half!

On the kickoff for the Lions Dexter Bussy flew downfield taking the ball back 48-yards. After a 7-yard pickup LIEFL All-Pro Lineman Danny Deirdoff made a sensational tackle at the Cardinals 47-yard line to stop Bussy from scoring a touchdown. Third down Detroit as the excitement builds. What a game! With 12 seconds left to go in the half, Bussy ran an electrifying 38-yard touchdown through the left side of the line behind the big LIEFL All-Pro tackle Lomas Brown, as the Lions tie the game 7-7, to end of first half!

The excitement could be felt in the room as Arizona's Mel Gray returned the ball 58-yards to start the second half. Gray has been slowed up with a sore ankle so he's been switching return duties with Larry Fitzgerald. The Lions defense stepped up big on Arizona's first possession of the second half, stopping OJ Anderson on his first two runs. Then on third down quarterback Ty Murray aired it out a 44-yard touchdown pass to Gray with 9:16 left to go in the game to give the (2-0) Arizona Cardinals a 14-7 lead!

Detroit's LIEFL All-Pro running back Dexter Bussy wasn't about to quit on the road down 14-7, and instead he riled his team up to play like Champions. Bussy returned a 35-yard kick and then the Lions frontline got going with Bussy runs of 6-yards and then on third down Detroit was forced to pass. Coach Chucker knows he has two of the best receivers in our league in Herman Moore who has a record 6 LIEFL Super Bowl touchdowns, and Calvin Johnson, who has 3 LIEFL Super Bowl touchdowns. As Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford stepped into the pocket, he threw a great pass to the All-Pro Johnson, but Mel Gray hung with him side-by-side stopping Johnson from scoring a touchdown, for a 20-yard Detroit pickup and a first down at the Cardinals 39-yard line with 4 minutes remaining in the game.

With time running out in the game the Lions are forced to pass on first down. Stafford threw another strike, this time for 30-yards to Herman Moore as Moore takes it to the Arizona 10-yard-line. The very next play with just seconds to go in the game Calvin Johnson scored on a 10-yard pop-pass for a Detroit touchdown to tie the score at 14-14, as the game clock runs out of time. We are in overtime with Detroit winning the coin toss in the making of a huge UPSET! Coach Chucker raised his fist in the air and Coach Mac was in disbelief watching his Cardinals deflate! 

In an unbelievable turn of events Detroit won the overtime coin toss. The Lions roared right down field 30-yards on a Dexter Bussy kick return, but it is what Coach Chucker did next that opened eyes against an outstanding Arizona Cardinals electric football team. In one play the Freeport-Chucker decided to go to the air, but he faked Mac out to over-cover Moore and Johnson, and instead Bussy took the ball 70-yards for a Detroit Football Lions dramatic touchdown, game over in 2:49 of overtime! Detroit (2-1), 20-14, over Arizona (2-1)! "Never count the Lions out," said Chucker!  This was a huge win for the Lions and it puts Arizona in a tough spot. Coach Mac said, "Better to lose now then the playoffs, but we will be back, and maybe next time there will be a different outcome. You have to give it to Bussy. He is absolutely amazing!"

Dexter Bussy and the Lions are on fire! Bussy had a total 242-yards in the game, 51 rushing yards, 113 on kick returns, and a 70 yard touchdown catch to win the game. Bussy now has 27 carries for 814 yards, with 7 touchdowns on the season going into Week#4 LIEFL battle with the tough New Orleans Saints (1-1) at home!  The Arizona Cardinals (2-1) will have to regroup and refocus on the road as they play one of their toughest games of the year in a rematch of the 2019 LIEFL NFC Divisional Championship Game, which they lost 38-35 in OT to the Carolina Panthers! This could be a season to remember in the Long Island Electric Football League as the competition grows!

cards 1.jpg

cards2.jpg

cards4.jpg

cards5.jpg

cards6.jpg

cards 1.jpg

cards2.jpg

cards4.jpg

cards5.jpg

cards6.jpg

cards5ART.jpg

On 9/2/2020 at 6:05 AM, Long island EFL said:

LIONS BUSSY STUNS CARDINALS WITH 242 YARD PERFORMANCE IN MAJOR UPSET IN OT! 

cards5ART.thumb.jpg.ae3f7a369adce7646077bc35e9b85bb9.jpg

September 1, 2020. Phoenix, Arizona. When Dexter Bussy was Long Island Electric Football League's Player of the Week in Week#1, it was evident that he was going to reach new heights, but today was special! What a tremendous match-up between two serious competitors in Coach Johnny "Freeport-Chucker" Lafromboise's Detroit Lions against Kevin "The Mac" Maloney's undefeated high-flying Arizona Cardinals (2-0).

For the Cardinals this is like deja vu going back to Coach "Mac's" 2019 season when they were 5-0, until they lost their last three games of the season. To prevent that from happening this year the Cardinals coach said he vows to play one second at a time. The Lions have played some intense football on the other hand. They never quit! The three-time consecutive NFC finalist have lots to prove about being undone in this league. In 2016, Coach Chucker won LIEFL Super Bowl XII 42-17, beating the pants off of "Mac's" Patriots at the time. Now Levi Vick coaches them. 

Slawson's Corner analytical expert and Long Island Sports Hall of Fame inductee Andrew Slawson said, "Anytime Detroit's Dexter Bussy is playing opposing coaches better have a game plan because this guy can wreck a team and blow your game plans. He's just unpredictable and when he's hot, nobody is going to stop him. I have been watching him for years and what I have seen him do almost seems like he's human. It is crazy that a game can bring that much excitement after all these years."

Detroit Coach, the Freeport-Chucker said of Slawson, "This guy always gets my games wrong because he thinks I am a hot head, but we will see who the hot head is today when I pull an upset on Mac. He's got me wrong, I am not only a better coach but I know the weaknesses of every coach in this league and that is how I devise my strategy to win."

THE PLAY-BY-PLAY: Detroit Lions (1-1) vs. Arizona Cardinals(2-0)

On the opening kickoff Arizona's Larry Fitzgerald took the ball back 41-yards in his second game returning kicks. On the Cardinal's first run,  OJ Anderson and the offensive line of the Cardinals worked hard downfield with runs of 10, 6, another 10, another 6-yards until finally he burst through a Dan Deirdoff hole for a sweet 28-yard touchdown run to make the score 7-0 Arizona, with 7:24 left to go and a half!

On the kickoff for the Lions Dexter Bussy flew downfield taking the ball back 48-yards. After a 7-yard pickup LIEFL All-Pro Lineman Danny Deirdoff made a sensational tackle at the Cardinals 47-yard line to stop Bussy from scoring a touchdown. Third down Detroit as the excitement builds. What a game! With 12 seconds left to go in the half, Bussy ran an electrifying 38-yard touchdown through the left side of the line behind the big LIEFL All-Pro tackle Lomas Brown, as the Lions tie the game 7-7, to end of first half!

The excitement could be felt in the room as Arizona's Mel Gray returned the ball 58-yards to start the second half. Gray has been slowed up with a sore ankle so he's been switching return duties with Larry Fitzgerald. The Lions defense stepped up big on Arizona's first possession of the second half, stopping OJ Anderson on his first two runs. Then on third down quarterback Ty Murray aired it out a 44-yard touchdown pass to Gray with 9:16 left to go in the game to give the (2-0) Arizona Cardinals a 14-7 lead!

Detroit's LIEFL All-Pro running back Dexter Bussy wasn't about to quit on the road down 14-7, and instead he riled his team up to play like Champions. Bussy returned a 35-yard kick and then the Lions frontline got going with Bussy runs of 6-yards and then on third down Detroit was forced to pass. Coach Chucker knows he has two of the best receivers in our league in Herman Moore who has a record 6 LIEFL Super Bowl touchdowns, and Calvin Johnson, who has 3 LIEFL Super Bowl touchdowns. As Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford stepped into the pocket, he threw a great pass to the All-Pro Johnson, but Mel Gray hung with him side-by-side stopping Johnson from scoring a touchdown, for a 20-yard Detroit pickup and a first down at the Cardinals 39-yard line with 4 minutes remaining in the game.

With time running out in the game the Lions are forced to pass on first down. Stafford threw another strike, this time for 30-yards to Herman Moore as Moore takes it to the Arizona 10-yard-line. The very next play with just seconds to go in the game Calvin Johnson scored on a 10-yard pop-pass for a Detroit touchdown to tie the score at 14-14, as the game clock runs out of time. We are in overtime with Detroit winning the coin toss in the making of a huge UPSET! Coach Chucker raised his fist in the air and Coach Mac was in disbelief watching his Cardinals deflate! 

In an unbelievable turn of events Detroit won the overtime coin toss. The Lions roared right down field 30-yards on a Dexter Bussy kick return, but it is what Coach Chucker did next that opened eyes against an outstanding Arizona Cardinals electric football team. In one play the Freeport-Chucker decided to go to the air, but he faked Mac out to over-cover Moore and Johnson, and instead Bussy took the ball 70-yards for a Detroit Football Lions dramatic touchdown, game over in 2:49 of overtime! Detroit (2-1), 20-14, over Arizona (2-1)! "Never count the Lions out," said Chucker!  This was a huge win for the Lions and it puts Arizona in a tough spot. Coach Mac said, "Better to lose now then the playoffs, but we will be back, and maybe next time there will be a different outcome. You have to give it to Bussy. He is absolutely amazing!"

Dexter Bussy and the Lions are on fire! Bussy had a total 242-yards in the game, 51 rushing yards, 113 on kick returns, and a 70 yard touchdown catch to win the game. Bussy now has 27 carries for 814 yards, with 7 touchdowns on the season going into Week#4 LIEFL battle with the tough New Orleans Saints (1-1) at home!  The Arizona Cardinals (2-1) will have to regroup and refocus on the road as they play one of their toughest games of the year in a rematch of the 2019 LIEFL NFC Divisional Championship Game, which they lost 38-35 in OT to the Carolina Panthers! This could be a season to remember in the Long Island Electric Football League as the competition grows!

cards 1.jpg

cards2.jpg

cards4.jpg

cards5.jpg

cards6.jpg

cards 1.jpg

cards2.jpg

cards4.jpg

cards5.jpg

cards6.jpg

cards5ART.jpg

cards5ART.jpg